14 replies to this topic

#1 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:06 AM

Do you have any particular Nintendo IPs which would translate well into film?

For me it would be:

Ice Climbers with Pixar. Some strange reason there's something very cute, funny and endearing about a film involving two inuit siblings having an adventure to get to the top of a mountain. A perfect Pixar movie.

The Legend of Zelda with Dreamworks. After watching How to Train your Dragon I got my faith back in Dreamworks to do something great with a Nintendo IP. And I think they could really produce a great PG Legend of Zelda film under guidance of Miyamoto and Aonuma.

Metroid - Legendary Pictures. I'd love to see a live action Metroid film. Something aimed more at the PG-13 audience, a little more adult but still within the confines for younger people, and I think it would be a good videogame adaptation to do in live action 

Honorary mention: Super Mario Bros: The TV show. Something aimed at younger children, 20 minute episodes that are educational and entertaining for children and adults to watch. Maybe a Disney Channel experience. I don't think Mario translates well to an hour and a half long adventure for 5 year olds. 

#2 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:11 AM

Super Mario Bros. The Movie was a pretty bad movie.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#3 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:55 AM

Super Mario Bros. The Movie was a pretty bad movie.

Don't remind me. :/

But Zelda would make a great live action game. God would it sale.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#4 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:58 AM

Apparantly Miyamoto thought the movie was "too much like the game" ...

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#5 Dr Wario

Dr Wario

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:34 AM

The producers of Zelda have said numerous times that they don't want Zelda made into a movie because it would be a totally different experience.

undOZ4c.png

#6 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:13 PM

The producers of Zelda have said numerous times that they don't want Zelda made into a movie because it would be a totally different experience.

:'(
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#7 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:02 PM

Now Nintendo have possibly changed their tune and may licence the IPs. Like they recently did with Mario in Happy Meals. It's a possibility that Nintendo would licence The Legend of Zelda as a film to help Nintendo profits 

#8 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:52 PM

The Sin and Punishment series could be turned into live action really well.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#9 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:07 PM

you can probably make a decent TV show of f-zero or starfox.  link could fit into eather, but he is also very hard to fit into eather, i just wouldnt even attempt it. Mario should stick to random youtuber made videos at best.

f-zero would proubly be best, and can go along side a game. Id skip the cutsceens in the game. There is enough empty space in the character development, and enough to fill that space with to make a TV show. Simply speaking you can craft a TV show around the game without harming what makes the game or the image of the franchise in any way.

starfox could work but would be more of a streach, you could get something working, but there is also more that you can ruin starfox for some people if you screw it up. 

i cant think of any other series that would work off the top of my head.

smashbros and metroid should have no official movie or TV show. smashbros gets no benefit, and a metroid show/movie can do nothing but harm.

#10 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:28 AM

A Smash Bros. movie could do OK. Just make it like the Subspace Emissary cutscenes, but with a better story.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#11 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:26 AM

Kirby might be good in a Kid's movie. And Zelda might make a good epic like Lord of the Rings

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#12 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:28 AM

Some kids cartoons would be ok.

But generally speaking movie adaptations of video games are hardly ever successful. There are a few that have worked but most don't. I don't want Nintendo's legacy to be destroyed by terrible movies of amazing games.

#13 Ninty64X

Ninty64X

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Fandom:
    MST3K, Animation, Metal Gear, OddWorld

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:23 AM

you can probably make a decent TV show of f-zero or starfox.  link could fit into eather, but he is also very hard to fit into eather, i just wouldnt even attempt it. Mario should stick to random youtuber made videos at best.

f-zero would proubly be best, and can go along side a game. Id skip the cutsceens in the game. There is enough empty space in the character development, and enough to fill that space with to make a TV show. Simply speaking you can craft a TV show around the game without harming what makes the game or the image of the franchise in any way.

starfox could work but would be more of a streach, you could get something working, but there is also more that you can ruin starfox for some people if you screw it up. 

i cant think of any other series that would work off the top of my head.

smashbros and metroid should have no official movie or TV show. smashbros gets no benefit, and a metroid show/movie can do nothing but harm.

There actually was an F-zero TV show on Fox Saturday mornings in the early 2000's. I can't remember that much about it though, so I have no idea if it was good or not.

On the hunt for her dad's killer, she learns she needs to step up her game. It's time to unleash some superpowers. - Netflix's amazing Kill La Kill description

#14 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:54 PM

I'm skeptical about movies, but animated series would work pretty well (most of them have worked in the past). As for which franchise to get these animated series, well, how about every single one that's notable? Huge missed opportunity there, Nintendo.

Pokémon is the only one that's been doing it right all these years and look at it now. An animated series, toys and a trading card game = 11 games million sold (X,Y)... profit.

As I said in another thread, acquiring Bandain Namco (or at least have a strong partnership) would be a huge door for a true third-pillar of entertainment for Nintendo (actually fourth since the QOL stuff is on the way).

After a strong catalog of TV content, rename the Bandai Channel to Nintendo Channel, broadcast it worldwide and boom, you're an entertainment giant. 

Edited by Arkhandar, 16 February 2014 - 02:55 PM.

If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#15 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:04 PM

you can probably make a decent TV show of f-zero or starfox.

Ever watch a show called storm hawks? If so, I think a slightly better version of that (Storm hawks was a pretty good show by itself imo) could be a great Starfox show.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!