The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:43 PM

Voting phase is over, here are the results of the vote:

Lucarionite: 125 Ban, 8 Do Not Ban, 3 Abstain -> Uber with a 96,24% majority

Genesect: 77 Ban, 48 Do Not Ban, 11 Abstain -> Uber with a 62,09% majority

Deoxys-S: 44 Ban, 75 Do Not Ban, 17 Abstain-> OU with a 63,02% majority

Users eligible to vote: 145

Actual voters: 136

The verdict of the test is that Lucarionite and Genesect achieved the required supermajority and are, therefore, banned to Ubers with immediate effect. Deoxys-S remains OU.

http://www.smogon.co...-6#post-5244983

LETS BAN EVERYTHING!/WIIUF Logic! 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:47 PM

I saw this coming a mile away. RIP

#3 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:50 PM

Lucario dies in one hit.

To anything.

Smogon is so not good. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#4 Ruuffur

Ruuffur

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:58 PM

I only ever use smogon as a guidline to build powerful and good pokemon nothing else, I only play casualy though online, but I'm not going to hate on those that use them, as long as they don't try to force me into it they can do whatever they like :)

#5 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:58 PM

Lucario dies in one hit.

To anything.

Smogon is so not good. 

gah ive explained this before

Mega Lucario's biggest asset is its unpredictability. It can effectively run a variety of diverse sets, all of which can easily sweep with a turn of set-up. His movepool is insane too, with a few great priority options mixed in. Since this meta is very priority based at the moment, he's a giant threat regardless on how you use him.

I don't really agree with the banning of Genesect, though. It can easily be walled by Heatran and 2OHKOed by Talonflame. I just never saw it as a big threat. 

#6 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:11 PM

Stick that in your juicebox and suck it Fiery! Where is your god now???

Smogon rulings are pure and just and all in the name of enjoyable and engaging competition. Any Pokepurist scrubs who disagree with the divine decisions are just too blinded by their disgusting desires to sweep using OP teams.

So long Lucario....you shall not be missed 

#7 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:11 PM

gah ive explained this before

Mega Lucario's biggest asset is its unpredictability. It can effectively run a variety of diverse sets, all of which can easily sweep with a turn of set-up. His movepool is insane too, with a few great priority options mixed in. Since this meta is very priority based at the moment, he's a giant threat regardless on how you use him.

I don't really agree with the banning of Genesect, though. It can easily be walled by Heatran and 2OHKOed by Talonflame. I just never saw it as a big threat. 

It isn't unpredictable like Mega Charizard X/Y. Lucario is mostly a physical sweeper. Rarely do you see him run mixed anymore, it's just not as common as a physical set. His fragile defense and being able to be countered with a lot different Pokemon seems unreasonable to ban him. I understood Gengar, Khang, but this is just stupid lol. They had abilities that were broken. Lucario doesn't. He can be stopped by Clefable, Slyveon, Goodra, Disable Slowbro, etc. 

#8 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:22 PM

Why does Smogon control you

#rebel4lyfe

#9 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:50 PM

It isn't unpredictable like Mega Charizard X/Y. Lucario is mostly a physical sweeper. Rarely do you see him run mixed anymore, it's just not as common as a physical set. His fragile defense and being able to be countered with a lot different Pokemon seems unreasonable to ban him. I understood Gengar, Khang, but this is just stupid lol. They had abilities that were broken. Lucario doesn't. He can be stopped by Clefable, Slyveon, Goodra, Disable Slowbro, etc. 

his ability is broken, gives close combat 240 base power

Lucario's special set is just as common as the physical set, in fact I see it more. You mentioned "counters", but the thing is those Pokemon barely have a role in the meta-game in the first place. I shouldn't have to run a Pokemon in my team just to counter a specific Pokemon, it just restricts team building.

Lucario's one true counter is Mega Venusaur

#10 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:13 PM

I just hatched my shiny competitive Rilou :( 

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#11 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:40 PM

Lmao Mega Lucario isn't broken, neither is Genesect. I'll still use mega lucario regardless if smogon "banned" it. Smogon's probably bannin mega Pinsir next (Which is far from broken) The only broken mega is mega gengar (mainly because of perish song + shadow tag) Mega Kang isn't as broken as it is over-centralizing. Mega Kang had hard counters (Sableye, Coogrerius, Cresselia, an a few others. Mega Lucario is insanely strong, yes, but if mega lucario tries to set up or use a move that won't OHKO the opposing Pokemon, Mega Lucario is dead. As for Genesect, the thing gets walled by pretty much any fire type, Heatran is its best counter (HP Ground does not OHKO Heatran)

Smogon rulings are pure and just and all in the name of enjoyable and engaging competition. Any Pokepurist scrubs who disagree with the divine decisions are just too blinded by their disgusting desires to sweep using OP teams.

I'll still use Mega Gengar to perish trap your whole team, and Mega Kang + Mega Lucario to sweep your team.

Why does Smogon control you
#rebel4lyfe

They can't handle the pokemon's swag, so they ban it.

Edited by Fieryguns, 16 February 2014 - 05:59 PM.

#12 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:11 PM

I'll still use Mega Gengar to perish trap your whole team, and Mega Kang + Mega Lucario to sweep your team.

Spoken like a true unskilled Pokepurist...unable to think for himself, merely adopting the cookie cutter OP teams of other mindless drones...

#13 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:16 PM

Spoken like a true unskilled Pokepurist...unable to think for himself, merely adopting the cookie cutter OP teams of other mindless drones...

You guys can't even handle Mega Lucario.

Edited by Fieryguns, 16 February 2014 - 06:16 PM.

#14 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:45 PM

I heard he believes in Black Jesus (So do I)!

hqdefault.jpg

No but to be real, no ones ever use Smogon for c battling. 

#15 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:57 PM

Doubles will always be the most balanced.

#16 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:38 PM

No but to be real, no ones ever use Smogon for c battling. 

lol

#17 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:41 PM

lol

shhhh! Only sometimes when people use the mic but after that, I have rarely seen anyone take them seriously since Black and Wihte. 

#18 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:13 PM

The only ban that Smogen has that VGC doesn't that I can understand is Mega Gengar because of Perish Song/Shadow Tag. I've never actually seen anyone have too much trouble with Mega Khangaskan, and you can shut down a Blaziken with a Thunder Wave/Trick Room/Talonflame. You know what would easily stop a 240 Close Combat? A Focus Sash, because Lucario can't take any hits for its life.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#19 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:45 PM

Lucario dies in one hit.

To anything.

Smogon is so not good. 

So does Blaziken.

LOL I was fighting some legendary dude earlier in free battles and was winning but then I used Minimize and got a connection error. I lol'd.

Edited by Symphony, 16 February 2014 - 08:48 PM.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#20 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:59 PM

So does Blaziken.

LOL I was fighting some legendary dude earlier in free battles and was winning but then I used Minimize and got a connection error. I lol'd.

Were you using Drifblim?. Stockpile + Minimize + Baton Pass is amazing.

Edited by Fieryguns, 16 February 2014 - 09:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!