7 replies to this topic

#1 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:25 PM

http://m.ign.com/art...ity-to-continue

I had predicted it would take until March for PS4 to hit 5 million and surpass the Wii U.  This happened before the end of February and it is just now releasing in Japan. Boggles the mind.  

I credit the 8 gigs of ram. Just kidding (though it didn't hurt).

#2 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:43 PM

Wasn't the Wii U at 5.8 million at the end of Dec.?  Would guess that by now the Wii U is at 6m or very close.... thought i read that the Wii u was selling around 35k-40k per week this year.  

#3 Ruuffur

Ruuffur

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:23 PM

Last numbers I can recall for the three systems.

Xbox One = 3.3 Million

PS4 = 5.4 Million

Wii U 5.8 Million

The numbers for Xbone and WiiU are a tad bit older I think so they may be higher now and the one for PS4 came out before the japan realese so it may also be higher. But this is all speculations on my part.

#4 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:57 PM

http://m.ign.com/art...ity-to-continue

I had predicted it would take until March for PS4 to hit 5 million and surpass the Wii U. This happened before the end of February and it is just now releasing in Japan. Boggles the mind.

I credit the 8 gigs of ram. Just kidding (though it didn't hurt).

Wii U passed 6 million earlier this month honey.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#5 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:15 PM

Oh yay VGchartz has been ported to here......screw sales. I will get one when it has games. In the meantime be gaming on my Wii U.

Sales don't make enjoyment from a system any better if it has nothing to play. So far PS4 has nothing and for me nothing this year. In a couple years or so I will be happy with PS4.

Already at that stage with Wii U.

Edited by The King of All Cosmos, 08 March 2014 - 12:24 PM.

#6 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:17 AM

Crazy how fast the ps4 is selling. Sony really got their marketing spot on this time around

#7 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 07:19 AM

Oops. Looks like I am wrong again! Apparently PS4 is 500,000 or so behind after 3 months of sales.

Looks like my March prediction is still in play.

Thanks for the correction.

Wonder what will happen one the PS4 gets games?

I mean it has sold over 5 million just because it has PS stamped on the side.

#8 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:10 PM

Crazy how fast the ps4 is selling. Sony really got their marketing spot on this time around

Not just their marketing, but they have essentially offered gamers a console with a high performance rate (for home consoles) without the mighty price tag. Sony's golden move was positioning the price of the PS4 slap bang in the middle of Nintendo and Microsoft.

When it comes to bang for your buck, the overall winner is the PS4 and that along with the perfect blend of first party games that many people love and third party titles, it's not hard to see why gamers are flocking en masse to the PS4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!