Photo

What will you be playing before Mario Kart 8?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:21 PM

Now that Tropical Freeze is out, there's gonna be another Wii U software drought (spare a few multiplats and eShop games) before Mario Kart 8 hits at the end of May. Between now and then, the only games releasing are Shovel Knight, NES Remix 2, Lego Hobbit, and some assorted eShop/Virtual Console games. So until MK8, what will you be playing? Going back through your backlog to finish or 100% some games, playing the few new titles that will be released, or will you not use your Wii U at all and just play on other consoles?

Edited by Cranky Kong, 23 February 2014 - 09:22 PM.

#2 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:24 PM

I'll be using some couchtuner for sure and if you mean wiiu games then DK and Mario with my sis.

But if you are counting ps4/x1 then infamous and TitanFall will be added with some 2k14 on the side.

#3 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:30 PM

I'll probably end up getting into the meat of my backlog, as well as playing some awesome indie games. :P Really the only things I can do with the drought of games. XD

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#4 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:08 PM

Rayman Legends, then when I finish that, Assassin's Creed 3 online (What? It's entertaining!), then if I get bored of that I'll probs get Donkey Kong, then when I finish that I'll probs get Wind Waker HD, then when I finish that I'll probs get Pikmin 3, then when I finish that I'll probs get The Wonderful 101, then when I finish that I'll probs get Monster Hunter and there's no way I'd finish that before Mario Kart comes out.

Yeah, I guess you could say I've got a massive backlog.

Edited by R00bot, 23 February 2014 - 10:09 PM.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#5 Merky Water

Merky Water

Motion Shooter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Contra, Mario Kart

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:21 PM

Everytime i see the word 'drought', i take a look at my backlog and think "what drought!"  So yes, I'll certainly be chipping away at that as well as try to keep up with the gunslinger gang on CoD and NfS.  NES Remix 2 should just add to that once it drops.  I'm sure I'll be nowhere near caught up by MK8 release so no worries of bordom.  What I am a little worried over is my MK8 time.  RL tends to kick up for me around late May so I'm not going to get nearly as much playtime in at release as I'll want.  ...but I'll squirrel away some time for sure!

Everytime i see the word 'drought', i take a look at my backlog and think "what drought!"  So yes, I'll certainly be chipping away at that as well as try to keep up with the gunslinger gang on CoD and NfS.  NES Remix 2 should just add to that once it drops.  I'm sure I'll be nowhere near caught up by MK8 release so no worries of bordom.  What I am a little worried over is my MK8 time.  RL tends to kick up for me around late May so I'm not going to get nearly as much playtime in at release as I'll want.  ...but I'll squirrel away some time for sure!

Merky-Banner_zpsfd81fed3.png

#6 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:31 PM

Well DKTF, I am planning on getting an Indie game soon not sure of what I want to get. I am planning on getting the batman blackgate deluxe edition. Any suggestions guys on good easy to pick up and play single player game?

#7 Ruuffur

Ruuffur

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:33 PM

I'll be playing pokemon Y, Donkey Kong when I can afford it, shovel knight and child of light. Mabye I'll do a 100% run on wind waker

#8 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:38 PM

Psh there are no droughts for me, I don't play games straight, and I always switch up. From what I have I could play AC4, AC3 (If I was really bored), NFS: MWU, Lego City U, 3D World, NSMBU, Zombi U, and others, then I could also buy Donkey Kong (want so bad), and perhaps a eshop thing, then I also have wii games, and 3ds that I never play. Yeah these 'droughts' don't bother me. I'd rather not getting a new big game every month.

Edited by TheDoctor13, 23 February 2014 - 10:41 PM.

Stupid Snowmads!

#9 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:39 PM

If I am not counting buying previous releases and not other systems. Child of Light.Hopefully Art of Balance,Fast Racing Neo,90's arcade racer,Tengami,Pier Solar HD,Shovel Knight

If I can count older retail releases I hope to get 3D World and maybe Need for Speed. Also want to grab some SNES VC RPG's.

#10 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:50 PM

Think i'll go through my PS3/Vita/PC backlog, try to 100% 3D world, get kirby 3DS.

794144.png?13383682

#11 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:11 PM

dktf and and pixelmon because its my job.......literally 

Edited by SPG, 23 February 2014 - 11:12 PM.

wa3Nq7j.png

#12 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:23 AM

Oh lawd, I got loads of games to complete. For now it's Rayman Legends (PS4), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (WiiU), Tomb Raider (PS4), The Wonderful 101(WiiU). Still loads I have to do but that's all I can manage right now

#13 Tibetan Monk

Tibetan Monk

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • NNID:Tibetan_Monk

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:33 AM

Going to 100% Wind Waker, 3D World and Tropical Freeze when I get it next month. Also need to restart with Zombi U. 

#14 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:09 AM

Plenty of games if I could stop myself from spending hours on youtube and watching anime like I have been lately. I've got plenty of PS3/PS4/Vita games to entertain me before MK8 releases, and they'll keep me entertained after MK8 drops because MK doesn't interest me at all.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#15 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:13 AM

minecraft.

shovel knight, teslagrad, qube.

Ill probably replay xenoblade sometime soon.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#16 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:27 AM

I haven't played a game on my Wii U since the 17th of January and I doubt I'll play a Wii U game until May 30th.

Fortunately I have a Gaming PC and a 3DS XL which are keeping me entertained. 

#17 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:59 AM

Exactly....

I'm still not done with NSMBU, which I bought back April with my system.  I have half of Super Mario 3d and will get Donkey Kong tonight.  Rayman- good Lord, I have a long way to go to finish that.  While I want Nintendo to release new games- mainly for their own good, I am in a way glad that it will be a few more months before my next purchase, as I've spent way too much on these things of late.  I have plenty to keep me busy.

#18 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:17 AM

World of Tanks, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, World of Tanks, World of Tanks, Metroid Prime Trilogy, more World of Tanks, probably 100% some of my Wii games... Yup. :3

Oh, and just a little more World of Tanks.

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#19 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:54 AM

minecraft.

shovel knight, teslagrad, qube.

Ill probably replay xenoblade sometime soon.

I'm 25,hours in for the first time. That's my main time sink til watch dogs and mk8

#20 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:58 AM

I'll probably get Earthbound, Super Metroid, and F Zero on the VC, and I'll play F Zero GX and Melee some more.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!