#1 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:34 AM

To me ps4 is just a ps3 with better graphics.
Its just a new controller, better graphics and some minor features

#2 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:37 AM

POPULAR

And that's what's so great about it! No stupid features you don't need. Just gaming, gaming, and MORE gaming!

Edited by PyroKinesis, 27 February 2014 - 08:38 AM.

#3 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:37 AM

Nothing

wa3Nq7j.png

#4 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:43 AM

POPULAR

The innovation is in brainwash marketing.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#5 Tibetan Monk

Tibetan Monk

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • NNID:Tibetan_Monk

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:46 AM

I love realistic graphics in open world nature games like Skyrim and Far Cry. That and LittleBigPlanet and Uncharted will be the only reasons I will sometimes miss a PS4. I might still pick one up eventually for those though, but not for atleast a year and a half.

#6 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:56 AM

POPULAR

lol even though this sounds like a joke it is true

#7 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:18 AM

They've been doing that since ps2, emotion engine, cell...
etc.

Anyway, it's got a social network to it, like miiverse, it's a tablet in console form.
Not much different if that's what you mean by innovative.

As for having better graphics than a ps3, I have yet to see that.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#8 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:27 AM

It's really an improved ps3 but really every system can be said to be an improved n64 to GameCube to ps2 to ps3 to xbox to 360, etc.

No gimmicks, just games that look better than last gen and really innovation will come from the games. Maybe it will be refinement but quality is what I want, so that's good to.

#9 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:34 AM

It's a pure games console with a great controller, innovation? Not much, more powerful than the competition while being very affordable at launch I suppose is something that hasn't been done before.

Leave the innovation to Nintendo.

#10 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:35 AM

What i mean is all the features on ps4 are available on ps3 or its easy to create on ps3

#11 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:45 AM

Whats innovative about the Wii U?

Sticking a touchscreen in the controller is no more/less innovative than a touchpad on the controller.  Heck, the Wii U is lacking one of the most useful things on modern consoles - the analog triggers.  I also find it the least ergonomic controller in a long while ESPECIALLY from Nintendo.  Both the N64 and Gamecube controllers felt comfortable in your hands, the Wii U Gamepad does not.

Its more about evolution.  The PS4 is an improvement on PS3 (hugely on the controller, its actually comfortable which no dualshock has ever been for me), the Xbox One is (or will be, once they put the functionality back in the OS) an evolution of the Xbox 360 + Kinect, they are just refinements over what went before.

If anything, the PS4 is the biggest improvement because I hated its old controller so much and it inherited the speaker in the controller that really enhanced surround sound.

For the record, I do find the touchscreen on Wii U useful especially for inventory management.  But when playing games like LEGO City Undercover, I never once felt that "this game plays better BECAUSE of the touchscreen".  It would have been just as much fun without the gimmicky bits.  Same when playing LEGO Marvel on PS4, the only time the touchscreen would have been useful is the map and the ONLY reason that was an issue is because the game was poorly optimised so took a few seconds to display the map screen.  Had it been better optimised so the map appeared instantly, it would have been no better as if you have to take your eyes off the TV you might as well just display it on the TV in the first place.

What i mean is all the features on ps4 are available on ps3 or its easy to create on ps3

No they are not, because of the huge increase in RAM mainly.  Also the fact it can access the HDD quicker than PS3.

Streaming to twitch.tv/Remote Play/Saving your last 15 minutes of gameplay.  This is all done due to hardware encoding, the PS3 didn't have that which is why only a few games worked with remote play as those games had to specifically use LESS CPU power for the game and be optimised to work with the software video streaming tech.  Also to be able to remote play from power off you effectively had to leave the PS3 powered on, the PS4 uses ten times less electricity in standby than the PS3 did in remote play off mode.  Likewise the PS4 will be able to suspend your current game in RAM and go into standby in the future, so you can instantly resume playing.

Then there is just general OS improvements.  Being able to go into the Playstation Store without quitting your active game, how quickly you can go look at your trophies without quitting the game (PS3 is very slow as it has a tiny amount of RAM for system tasks), how background downloading works.  Its just a more pleasant OS to use and that is because of the improvements in the hardware.

These are the sorts of improvements I expected Wii U to have over Wii and sadly it does not.  Its still slow and clunky going into different sections of the OS.

Edited by Alex Atkin UK, 27 February 2014 - 09:56 AM.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#12 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:49 AM

It's not suppose to be innovative, it's just an upgraded PS3.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#13 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:57 AM

Whats innovative about the Wii U?

Sticking a touchscreen in the controller is no more/less innovative than a touchpad on the controller.  Heck, the Wii U is lacking one of the most useful things on modern consoles - the analog triggers.  I also find it the least ergonomic controller in a long while ESPECIALLY from Nintendo.  Both the N64 and Gamecube controllers felt comfortable in your hands, the Wii U Gamepad does not.

Its more about evolution.  The PS4 is an improvement on PS3 (hugely on the controller, its actually comfortable which no dualshock has ever been for me), the Xbox One is (or will be, once they put the functionality back in the OS) an evolution of the Xbox 360 + Kinect, they are just refinements over what went before.

If anything, the PS4 is the biggest improvement because I hated its old controller so much and it inherited the speaker in the controller that really enhanced surround sound.

For the record, I do find the touchscreen on Wii U useful especially for inventory management.  But when playing games like LEGO City Undercover, I never once felt that "this game plays better BECAUSE of the touchscreen".  It would have been just as much fun without the gimmicky bits.  Same when playing LEGO Marvel on PS4, the only time the touchscreen would have been useful is the map and the ONLY reason that was an issue is because the game was poorly optimised so took a few seconds to display the map screen.  Had it been better optimised so the map appeared instantly, it would have been no better as if you have to take your eyes off the TV you might as well just display it on the TV in the first place.

No, because of the huge increase in RAM mainly.

I'm glad someone got to say this before I did. While, don't get me wrong I love my Wii U, the tablet controller was one of the biggest mistakes Nintendo could have ever made this generation. While, in theory, there are a lot of cool uses for it, no one, including Nintendo (see DKC Tropical Freeze, Mario 3d World, Lego City, New Super Mario Bros, Pikmin 3, Smash Bros, Wonderful 101, or Bayonetta 2) have really done anything with it. It's a gimmick that like it or not, probably won't be returning next time around. While yes, ZombiU was cool until Last of Us did the pretty much the same thing with only one screen, and while yes, Nintendo Land was cool while it lasted, I just don't see the innovation that a lot of people see in the Gamepad. 

/rant

(Yes I realize that this was a little off topic, but ech)

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#14 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:14 AM

It wasn't meant to be innovative. It's easier to develop for (compared to the ps3), has a good install base which makes devs want to develop for (see ps 1, 2, 3), is focusing on games not everything else (see Xbox one).

It's a simple machine meant to play games. I think people assume that something new has to be innovative and that's just incorrect. Most people don't want to buy something innovative, they want something that does what it says it will do, and does it well. It will do everything my ps3 does, but better. I didn't ask for anything more. When I have some spare cash laying around, the PS4 will be the console I get. the fact that they let me spend $10 to upgrade a decent amount of my ps3 games to ps4 (of course I'll have to check if the quality is improved for those games) only helps, and I'm sold on ps+.

#15 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:17 AM

It will do everything my ps3 does, but better. 

LOL...... try putting a ps3 game in da ps4

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#16 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:29 AM

Nothing

#17 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:26 AM

Ironically there isn't really anything innovative about the Wii U. Sticking a touch screen on a controller is something that MANY people have thought of before the Wii U whether it be by concept art ect. 

2lvmghw.png

#18 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:33 AM

It's not suppose to be innovative, it's just an upgraded PS3.

Which is why it's selling so well, gamers don't want innovative gimmicks like a Gamepad, Wii-motes and Kinect 2.0, they want a standard box with innovative software offerings.

#19 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:49 AM

with innovative software offerings.

Again where PS4 offers nothing or XBO.

#20 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:53 AM

LOL...... try putting a ps3 game in da ps4

If they did that they wouldn't be able to re-sell you your old games for the 4th time.

At least Nintendo are honest about wanting to get you to re-re-re-buy your old games.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!