Photo

Retro Studio: Wii U "great box to make games on." New game already in the works.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
129 replies to this topic

#81 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:48 AM

Sylux is often rumored to be her long lost brother. Ship design for Samus changes from game to game even if slightly in some. Been playing the series since 1987. Sylux has a deep pasionate hatred for Samus and the Federation but mianly Samus and other things have long rumored since Hunters and MP3 she has a long lost brother and he's not happy. I believe it is her brother and it's clear he has a important role in the lore of the series.

No, there is no long lost brother, by rumor you mean fan fiction.

We know Samus's parents, and we know she was an only child when they died saving her from Ridley.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#82 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:59 AM

Look, let's just agree where we agree. I think your arguments are the same just one is saying it differently.
Azure is trying to say that - just like Nintendo says - game play triumphs over graphics any day. Now, does that mean graphics isn't important? No. I'm sure Azure can agree that while Zelda: Wind Waker is considered both by fans and critics to be one of the best Zelda games of all time. But it never sold as much as it could have, because of the cartoon cell shade graphics.
So yes, graphics do matter. Azure isn't saying that they don't. Azure is only saying that game play matters because no one wants to play a pretty game that sucks butt to play.

Of course. That's not lost on me. Where azure makes the mistake is saying that gfx triumphs over gameplay.

Never said or implied.

But I emphasized the gfx because it's necessary for this type of game.

Not emphasized OVER gameplay, just emphasized. Kind of annoying when I've mentioned this exact thing a couple times and he pretends to not read it.

All good?

Edited by Socalmuscle, 03 March 2014 - 12:04 PM.

#83 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:32 PM

Prime 3 is a good game, but I think it's the weakest of the three by far. Seems like Retro was running out of ideas for Metroid is all. Other M has some good foundations combined with some really REALLY weird decisions that don't make any sense. It wasn't a side scroller, however it did have a lot more in common with the side scroller Metroid than Prime. I think they should take the third person perspective of Other M and improve on its gameplay formula. Using the second screen for a first person perspective could work pretty intuitively if they did it right.

I've only play Metroid Prime and Metrod Prime 3. I didn't like MP very much, which is why I never played the second. I couldn't stand the controls very much, which is why I played it on the Wii. And loved it.

Sometime I might buy the MP Trilogy on Wii and see how I like that. I might change my opinion then.

Of course. That's not lost on me. Where azure makes the mistake is saying that gfx triumphs over gameplay.

Never said or implied.

But I emphasized the gfx because it's necessary for this type of game.

Not emphasized OVER gameplay, just emphasized. Kind of annoying when I've mentioned this exact thing a couple times and he pretends to not read it.

All good?

^_^ We were always good.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#84 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:43 PM

Stop dragging this thread off topic, children. Pappa GameCollector is not afraid to smack! :3

EDIT: Spoiler alert: 3Dude isn't even online. I'm hiding the posts because you're getting more and more rude, taking the thread further off topic over something that nobody gives a flying crap about.

tumblr_inline_mrkv5gcemY1qz4rgp.gif

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#85 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:49 PM

No, there is no long lost brother, by rumor you mean fan fiction.

We know Samus's parents, and we know she was an only child when they died saving her from Ridley.

I never read Fanfiction but it is heavy rumor and has been since 2007. I continue believe it to possibly be Samus long lost brother. Some do and others do not. No more to discuss.

Ships are very similar,many charismatics with Sylux point to it and story elements. Fans can believe what they want and I chose my way to believe. Simple as. No more needs to be discussed between me and you on this matter.

Edited by Ryudo, 03 March 2014 - 04:50 PM.

#86 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:44 PM

I've only play Metroid Prime and Metrod Prime 3. I didn't like MP very much, which is why I never played the second. I couldn't stand the controls very much, which is why I played it on the Wii. And loved it.
Sometime I might buy the MP Trilogy on Wii and see how I like that. I might change my opinion then.

^_^ We were always good.

Aiight yo. Lol

#87 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:31 PM

Give metroid to DICE for one game.

I would seriously let them handle a Metroid multiplayer mode.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#88 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:32 PM

No... no..... people will not start thinking he is a sexist for using a term like feminazi. Before drawing conclusions as to what you think something means, please look it up and understand it.

I know that "feminazi" is normally used by misogynists to refer to feminists that they think have gone "too far" (which in their perspective can mean anything from demanding equal salaries for women and men to being allowed to have an advanced sex life without being called a whore). But this has nothing to do with the particular piece of Samus concept art we were looking at, that's why I asked what it was supposed to mean. And the answer I got was quite clear, right?

#89 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:37 AM

I know that "feminazi" is normally used by misogynists to refer to feminists that they think have gone "too far" (which in their perspective can mean anything from demanding equal salaries for women and men to being allowed to have an advanced sex life without being called a whore). But this has nothing to do with the particular piece of Samus concept art we were looking at, that's why I asked what it was supposed to mean. And the answer I got was quite clear, right?

Lol.

No one is calling equal rights names. You're really, really reaching there.

It's the girl samus with an ugly, offbeat, somewhat creepy look in that concept art. Not to mention the Wolfenstein inspired armor... That may work for bio shock, but not this.

She's not characterized that way Nintendo's games.

A woman doesn't have to be ugly or manly or crazy to be a strong, battle hardened veteran-heck, look at Gina carano or Rhonda rousey...( nor does she have to be traditionally attractive to be sensitive or loving ). Again, the recent tomb raider reboot is a shining example of a strong woman that retains her feminine qualities. If you have a console that this game is out on, you need to play it. You'll be very pleasantly surprised. I never was a tomb raider fan. Ever. Until this. It's that good.

There are a lot of great points being discussed.

No need to get hung up on all the negative connotations you want to pretend were implied. Terms have been defined. And they aren't the far reaching, woman and all mankind hating remarks you want to pretend they are. Time to move on.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 04 March 2014 - 12:40 AM.

#90 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:30 AM

Lol.

No one is calling equal rights names. You're really, really reaching there.

It's the girl samus with an ugly, offbeat, somewhat creepy look in that concept art. Not to mention the Wolfenstein inspired armor... That may work for bio shock, but not this.

She's not characterized that way Nintendo's games.

A woman doesn't have to be ugly or manly or crazy to be a strong, battle hardened veteran-heck, look at Gina carano or Rhonda rousey...( nor does she have to be traditionally attractive to be sensitive or loving ). Again, the recent tomb raider reboot is a shining example of a strong woman that retains her feminine qualities. If you have a console that this game is out on, you need to play it. You'll be very pleasantly surprised. I never was a tomb raider fan. Ever. Until this. It's that good.

There are a lot of great points being discussed.

No need to get hung up on all the negative connotations you want to pretend were implied. Terms have been defined. And they aren't the far reaching, woman and all mankind hating remarks you want to pretend they are. Time to move on.

Yeah, I have no problem moving on. I already made my point a long time ago, the only reason I'm still on this sidestep is that I'm answering you. Again, I never said a woman needs to look ugly, manly or crazy to be strong, I just questioned using the word "feminazi" to describe a woman looking ugly, manly or crazy. Then I had to answer Sorceror12's statement that "feminazi" is not usually used in this way, but that wasn't directed to you. Everything clear now?

#91 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:11 AM

I never read Fanfiction but it is heavy rumor and has been since 2007. I continue believe it to possibly be Samus long lost brother. Some do and others do not. No more to discuss.
Ships are very similar,many charismatics with Sylux point to it and story elements. Fans can believe what they want and I chose my way to believe. Simple as. No more needs to be discussed between me and you on this matter.

Fan started rumours are fan fiction. Its fiction created by fans. You can believe whatever you want, but it doesnt change the fact it directly contradicts official canon.

Its pretty obvious its Sylux's ship. And official canon does state Sylux has an obsession and hatred of samus and the federation. But, Sylux's gender, and species is unknown... In fact the only thing Sylux cant be, without an official origin story retcon, is a sibling of Samus. Rod and Virginia Aran only had one child In the official Canon.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#92 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:35 AM

I'm curious, why do you think Sylux is Samus's brother? Which game pointed to that?

Fan started rumours are fan fiction. Its fiction created by fans. You can believe whatever you want, but it doesnt change the fact it directly contradicts official canon.

Its pretty obvious its Sylux's ship. And official canon does state Sylux has an obsession and hatred of samus and the federation. But, Sylux's gender, and species is unknown... In fact the only thing Sylux cant be, without an official origin story retcon, is a sibling of Samus. Rod and Virginia Aran only had one child In the official Canon.

And which game made that canon?

#93 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:05 PM

I'm curious, why do you think Sylux is Samus's brother? Which game pointed to that?

And which game made that canon?

Technically metroid fusion, specifically the officially contracted metroid e-manga that was a promotion for metroid fusion in Japan.

Some of the unlockable gallery pictures in fusion were taken from the manga.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#94 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:45 PM

Technically metroid fusion, specifically the officially contracted metroid e-manga that was a promotion for metroid fusion in Japan.

Some of the unlockable gallery pictures in fusion were taken from the manga.

I played Fusion! Didn't unlock everything though :'(

#95 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:27 PM

Yeah, I have no problem moving on. I already made my point a long time ago, the only reason I'm still on this sidestep is that I'm answering you. Again, I never said a woman needs to look ugly, manly or crazy to be strong, I just questioned using the word "feminazi" to describe a woman looking ugly, manly or crazy. Then I had to answer Sorceror12's statement that "feminazi" is not usually used in this way, but that wasn't directed to you. Everything clear now?

Not really.

He made the reply correcting you.

Then you defended your stance by adding more arguments against something that was never there. Even you have to admit you took it a bit far that last time.

Bottom line is that now is the time for a new, Samus Metroid game. Personally, I'd prefer a male lead. But the market right now is great for female leads done right. And that Bioshockish/wolfenstein version... No.

#96 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:05 AM

Not really.

He made the reply correcting you.

Then you defended your stance by adding more arguments against something that was never there. Even you have to admit you took it a bit far that last time.

Bottom line is that now is the time for a new, Samus Metroid game. Personally, I'd prefer a male lead. But the market right now is great for female leads done right. And that Bioshockish/wolfenstein version... No.

All right, if it's that important to you, we can continue this argument. You started out saying that the Bioshock style Metroid art wouldn't happen because it's too feminazi. Knowing that "feminazi" is a term used by misogynists to describe some feminists, I wondered what you actually meant by using "feminazi" to describe the Samus in the Bioshock pic. Your answer was that you meant that a feminazi is an "extreme, manly, militant... Chick". I found it questionable to use a term like that to describe a female that's not feminine enough for your liking, and that people will probably think you're sexist for doing it. As I said, I never argued against your point that it's a good idea to have an attractive looking Samus.

Edited by storabajskorven, 05 March 2014 - 10:18 AM.

#97 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:00 AM

Retro will probably make another casual game/platformer to try and get the Wii gamers back on side.

#98 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:49 AM

Retro isn't making Metroid its been confirmed already ladies. Drop the discussion.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#99 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:57 AM

Retro isn't making Metroid its been confirmed already ladies. Drop the discussion.

How many times has a Developer said we are not making this or no plans to or hope to leading people to believe they are not but end up they are. Countless times. Nintendo has done the same no exception. Not saying they are but would not be surprised if they are.

#100 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:18 AM

Retro will probably make another casual game/platformer to try and get the Wii gamers back on side.

Yes because Donkey Kong Country is a "casual game".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!