• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#1 Adders

Adders

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:14 AM

Ok there are a lot of posts about what people would do to improve the wii u and wii u sales so I thought I would share with you what I would do...

In the uk there was a program to get people to buy new cars by selling there old ones and getting the money off that part exchange, the money was guaranteed no matter what the car condition was..

well the wii u is backwards compatible so why not make an advertisement giving people so much off a wii u if they trade in the wii,, it could just last a few months just to get sales up....?

2 make the wii u able to play all 3DS games on it ( must have a 3ds ) so when you at home you play on the wii u and when you want to go out you could pick up from where you left of on the 3DS

last but not least

give the wii u themes that you can download for the menu screen..... So for example

keep the wii u pad that shows the miis but the screen there you select what to play or program you need could have a nintendo character so mario would jump up and hit the box , donkey kong would throw a barrel the select the box star fox would shoot the box and so on and so on

What do you guys think 

#2 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:48 AM

What I would do:

Advertise.

Edited by R00bot, 03 March 2014 - 12:48 AM.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#3 Adders

Adders

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:56 AM

What I would do:

Advertise.

That as well  :laugh:

#4 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:15 AM

I like the Wii trade idea. I think that could actually help a lot.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#5 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:58 AM

I would just make good games for it - without compromising to please an audience or increase sales.

#6 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:52 AM

If Wii U does fail (it's still too early to tell) Nintendo can afford the loss, if anything it will just make them work harder.

#7 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:01 AM

Ok there are a lot of posts about what people would do to improve the wii u and wii u sales so I thought I would share with you what I would do...

2 make the wii u able to play all 3DS games on it ( must have a 3ds ) so when you at home you play on the wii u and when you want to go out you could pick up from where you left of on the 3DS

That really makes no sense.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#8 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:09 AM

That really makes no sense.

It does make sense, kinda.

What he's saying is that the Wii U would have an emulator in it for 3DS games, that can only download games that you have on your 3DS (pair it or something). That way it encourages people with Wii U's to get 3DS's, and vice-versa.

bi5tzqg.gif

#9 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:11 AM

It does make sense, kinda.

What he's saying is that the Wii U would have an emulator in it for 3DS games, that can only download games that you have on your 3DS (pair it or something). That way it encourages people with Wii U's to get 3DS's, and vice-versa.

Oh, I know what he is saying but the idea is still dumb.

The only thing regarding the 3DS that would help sell the Wii U, is to port a few key games into HD and release them in the eshop and/or physical. Perhaps Luigis Mansion, and some others just to help with the gaps in the software release schedule. What also would help concerning the 3DS is to have more connectivity/ cross platforms games similar to Monster Hunter where you can join friends in local multiplayer on either platform.

Edited by Sorceror12, 03 March 2014 - 03:14 AM.

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#10 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:16 AM

Oh, I know what he is saying but the idea is still dumb.

The only thing regarding the 3DS that would help sell the Wii U, is to port a few key games into HD and release them in the eshop and/or physical. Perhaps Luigis Mansion, and some others just to help with the gaps in the software release schedule. What also would help concerning the 3DS is to have more connectivity/ cross platforms games similar to Monster Hunter where you can join friends in local multiplayer on either platform.

Yeah, it's an idea that's probably never gonna happen, but it does make sense. Kinda.

bi5tzqg.gif

#11 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:46 AM

1 & 2 are dumb.
3 is also dumb, but I'd be okay with downloading FREE themes for the rainbowty rainbow apple rainbow os.

None of that would "save" the wii u.
The wii u doesn't need saving, it needs developers who want to take a risk.
Sadly that doesn't exist in the minds of publishers like ubisoft, ea, and activision.
Nintendo will do it themselves, and will get some Japanese companies to do it.
I don't expect capcom though, as ms are pretty much keeping them alive with exclusive deals.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#12 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:58 AM

Dang guys you guys can be brutal sometimes... you don't have to call them dumb just say you don't agree with it. anyway I don't see things changing much for the WiiU. The Negativity surrounding the WiiU is not going away anytime soon. I do believe continuing to release high quality games over the next 2-4 years could possibly lead to respectable sales for Wii U... depending on what your definition is of respectable sales. I personally would be impressed if WiiU does more than the gamecube. I don't think mario kart is going to be the savior as many are hoping. It will be a great game and will sell I guess 3 million units and sell some Wii U also. Here is my problem with Nintendo and the WiiU... the NEGATIVITY.  These negative stereotypes still exist for Wii U.

1. Wii U has no games or most importantly no game worthy of paying the 250-300 dollars to purchase the console.

2. The gamepad is not a game changer and only brings down the console as no software takes true advantage of it.

3.the Wii U is weaksauce and should have launched with ps360 as that's basically what it is in terms of power.

The reason companies have PR departments is to avoid negative press regarding their company as ANY negative press is bad press. Nintendo has not come to the defense of the Wii U as I think they should have. It saddens me it truly does to see a great console be talked about in a way when most people doing the talking don't even own one. 

#13 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:02 AM

Dang guys you guys can be brutal sometimes... you don't have to call them dumb just say you don't agree with it. anyway I don't see things changing much for the WiiU. The Negativity surrounding the WiiU is not going away anytime soon. I do believe continuing to release high quality games over the next 2-4 years could possibly lead to respectable sales for Wii U... depending on what your definition is of respectable sales. I personally would be impressed if WiiU does more than the gamecube. I don't think mario kart is going to be the savior as many are hoping. It will be a great game and will sell I guess 3 million units and sell some Wii U also. Here is my problem with Nintendo and the WiiU... the NEGATIVITY.  These negative stereotypes still exist for Wii U.

1. Wii U has no games or most importantly no game worthy of paying the 250-300 dollars to purchase the console.

2. The gamepad is not a game changer and only brings down the console as no software takes true advantage of it.

3.the Wii U is weaksauce and should have launched with ps360 as that's basically what it is in terms of power.

The reason companies have PR departments is to avoid negative press regarding their company as ANY negative press is bad press. Nintendo has not come to the defense of the Wii U as I think they should have. It saddens me it truly does to see a great console be talked about in a way when most people doing the talking don't even own one. 

Your definition of brutal is saying an idea is dumb? Wowzers.

Jim-Carrey-in-Dumb-and-Du-010.jpg

Edited by Sorceror12, 03 March 2014 - 08:03 AM.

#14 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:07 AM

When it's said over and over. He did not think it was dumb it was his idea. They did not agree does not make it dumb just other people. Didn't see it as a good idea. Why not say that's a bad idea? 

#15 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:10 AM

I would stop making SAVED topics and just enjoy the system what it offers me.

#16 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:22 AM

When it's said over and over. He did not think it was dumb it was his idea. They did not agree does not make it dumb just other people. Didn't see it as a good idea. Why not say that's a bad idea? 

I said dumb once, Nollog used the term but that certainly is not using it over and over. Of course he did not think his idea was dumb, that is why he made a topic. I responded.

Dumb can also be used when lacking good judgement. I thought he was lacking good judgement in his ideas, thus I told him it didn't make much sense and was dumb.

Only an idiot would not understand this. <--- that's a joke.

illK6U.gif

Edited by Sorceror12, 03 March 2014 - 08:23 AM.

#17 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:36 AM

I don't know how well a "Wii Trade" program would work. You physically need both consoles in order to preform a data transfer (Shop titles, online enabled game saves, etc)

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#18 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:12 AM

I don't know how well a "Wii Trade" program would work. You physically need both consoles in order to preform a data transfer (Shop titles, online enabled game saves, etc)

Sounds good at the start, but would end up being a nightmare and huge waste of time and resources trying to get that kind of program to work IMO.

#19 Neptunia

Neptunia

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:40 AM

Cheaper price, more games (perferribly more new IPs), and better advertising. Third party support is pretty much a lost cause at this point unless Nintendo does something about it.

#20 Adders

Adders

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:55 AM

Ok first of all let me thank all of you for posting your reply, There seems to be a few of you that think my ideas are dumb so I would like to explain a little more and see if that can change some of your views

a big thank you for gamer 1984 for sticking up for me but as said the members are calling my ideas dumb and not me I'm all right with what is said  :P

First I am not saying the nintendo does not need good games and more exclusives, I know that they need that, this is just a few Ideas that I had and thought I would post..

Themes 

the idea of having nintendo characters as themes would not change sales but I do not think the idea is dumb look a playstation and the xbox they have themes and people do want it take a look at this picture it is a wii that has been moded so there is a theme on it

0_zpsea63b26d.jpg

so themes are cool

next the idea of playing the 3ds games on the wii u 

again some of you thought this was dumb but nintendo did this back in the days with the snes

if some of you remember there was a cartridge that gave you the abillity to play gameboy games on the snes? what I was thinking is some way that your 3ds can connect to the wii u ( maybe thought usb )  and play the 3ds games on the big screen then when you have to go out you can continue on the 3ds where you let off..

If playing 3ds games on the wii u is dumb so is playing ds games on the wii u  and nintendo is doing that

trade in the wii for a wii u

as some of you know nintendo are trying to get people who have a wii to upgrade to wii u first they have sent out a message to all wii owners telling them about the wii u then they are shutting down the online service ?

what I was suggesting is a lot of people have wiis but dont play them so a message to them through the wii is no good as they're not going to read it and shutting the service down is not going to affect them

But if they could trade in there wiis and upgrade then their old wiis have gained a bit of value and as I said it would just be for a few months just to get sales up and once sales are up more third parties.....

as for some of you saying What about all the games that you paid for I thought you could put it on a SD card then sell the wii and then transform it back to the wii u ( BUT NOT TOO SURE ABOUT THIS )

So there you have it and remember my ideas Rock  :P

Edited by Adders, 03 March 2014 - 10:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!