#41 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:24 AM

Am sure by the end of 2014 Wii U will have the highest market share.

#42 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:20 PM

It's possible, but I think unlikely. It would be freaking awesome if that holds true though.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#43 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 04:50 AM

Of what ?

#44 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:24 AM

Of what ?

Fruits and Vegetables. They own the farmers market

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#45 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:20 AM

Haha.

You're officially above Sailtheseas in my books. Good job, kid.

You haven't blocked Sailtheseas yet?  Just click on your username at the top and then "Manage Ignore Prefs."

This is THE WII U FORUM.  I don't come here to read a bunch of negativity toward and bashing of Nintendo.  Plenty of that on the non-specific gamez websites.

Edited by kokirii, 09 March 2014 - 06:50 AM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#46 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:52 AM

You haven't blocked Sailtheseas yet?  Just click on your username at the top and then "Manage Ignore Prefs."

This is THE WII U FORUM.  I don't come here to read a bunch of negativity toward and bashing of Nintendo.  Plenty of that on the non-specific gamez websites.

Oh no, I have, I just clicked to view the post and read the first sentence or two. That was all it took. :)

If you've noticed I haven't responded to anything he's said for a long, long time because I can't see what he says.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#47 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:02 AM

Nintendo needs a huge marketing campain starting now, the world needs to know about
Wii U.

Wii U has lots of good first and 3rd party.

Remember a good marketing campain right now will boost wii u sales.

Too little too late, marketing is not what is stopping the Wii U from selling it's a lack of games and a lack of variety that's hurting the Wii U.

The Wii U is great console if you like platformers, kids games and party games.

If you want shooters, RPG's, Sports games and other such games then I don't see how you can look past either the XB1 or PS4 depending on what console is your preference.

#48 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:26 AM

Too little too late, marketing is not what is stopping the Wii U from selling it's a lack of games and a lack of variety that's hurting the Wii U.

The Wii U is great console if you like platformers, kids games and party games.

If you want shooters, RPG's, Sports games and other such games then I don't see how you can look past either the XB1 or PS4 depending on what console is your preference.

dude Wii U has games for every category

shooters=Call of Duty

RPG=mono x...etc

sport games=FIFA ,Madden,

Driving=Need for speed, project cars,mario kart

open world= lego under cover,assassins creed

And if your looking for  a highly anticipated game then watchdogs

The list goes on.

#49 JMP317

JMP317

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • NNID:JMP317
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Mortal Kombat

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:16 AM

"No company can afford a lose, least of all Sony and Nintendo, the former due to their financial woes and the latter due to their increasing irrelevancy in a market they once dominated."

Nintendo didnt dominate ps360 last gen?!

Edited by JMP317, 15 March 2014 - 01:22 AM.

#50 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:26 AM

dude Wii U has games for every category

shooters=Call of Duty

RPG=mono x...etc

sport games=FIFA ,Madden,

Driving=Need for speed, project cars,mario kart

open world= lego under cover,assassins creed

And if your looking for  a highly anticipated game then watchdogs

The list goes on.

Guys, I think he's learning!

Oh this is truly the proudest day in my life. They grow up so fast!

tumblr_m4lkartbKY1qgv1ar.gif

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#51 muscadin

muscadin

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Fandom:
    Too many to list…

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:45 AM

• They should improve the TV remote software. Universal remotes are EXPENSIVE, especially those with a touchscreen: http://amzn.to/1d1ySui

If the gamepad became the very best universal remote on the market, I'm sure many geeks would get a WiiU

• They should improve backward compatibility, emulators have Wii games running @1080p full AA and that's with no Nintendo support whatsoever. All the Wii library, new and improved, who said the WiiU has no games?

• They should have a subscription service, just like playstation +, one subscription, free games for both the Wii U and the 3DS. Also, significant bonuses in all games if you own both consoles.

• ADVERTISING, a rainbowloat of ads, and all of them must mention the "Next generation Wii"

• Probably too late for that, but they should have spent as much money as necessary on 3rd party exclusivity contracts. GTAV would have been perfect, maybe the next add-on…

#52 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:09 AM

• They should improve the TV remote software. Universal remotes are EXPENSIVE, especially those with a touchscreen: http://amzn.to/1d1ySui

If the gamepad became the very best universal remote on the market, I'm sure many geeks would get a WiiU

• They should improve backward compatibility, emulators have Wii games running @1080p full AA and that's with no Nintendo support whatsoever. All the Wii library, new and improved, who said the WiiU has no games?

• They should have a subscription service, just like playstation +, one subscription, free games for both the Wii U and the 3DS. Also, significant bonuses in all games if you own both consoles.

• ADVERTISING, a rainbowloat of ads, and all of them must mention the "Next generation Wii"

• Probably too late for that, but they should have spent as much money as necessary on 3rd party exclusivity contracts. GTAV would have been perfect, maybe the next add-on…

Good points all around but I disagree with a subscription service. If anything, the WIi U stands apart by offering free online functionality and can be marketed in this way. MiiVerse and coming online multiplayer 1st party titles are surely a way to market the online services and adding in that it's FREE is something you shouldn't take away.

Edited by Sorceror12, 15 March 2014 - 06:11 AM.

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#53 muscadin

muscadin

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Fandom:
    Too many to list…

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:27 AM

Good points all around but I disagree with a subscription service. If anything, the WIi U stands apart by offering free online functionality and can be marketed in this way. MiiVerse and coming online multiplayer 1st party titles are surely a way to market the online services and adding in that it's FREE is something you shouldn't take away.

Subscription service doesn't necessarily mean paying for online multiplayer.

Free games, rebates, bonuses, that's all…

#54 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:49 AM

Subscription service doesn't necessarily mean paying for online multiplayer.

Free games, rebates, bonuses, that's all…

Yeah, still don't think Nintendo should go that route. I do like what they are doing with the new Steel Diver on 3DS.

#55 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:20 AM

what if Nintendo offered a free game for Wii U owners, wouldnt that be cool

#56 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:26 PM

I disagree with the third party exclusive contract thing. That's a big part of why these companies are acting like douches these days, and I agree with Nintendo's decision not to endorse it. If they don't have to (and they don't), they shouldn't.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#57 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:13 PM

I'm not too keen on the Wii trade idea, you need both the Wii and Wii U to send all of your wave data from the Wii to Wii u, trading the Wii in for a Wii U won't let you do that
The others are a good idea. Although I highly doute the third idea would get people to go out and buy a Wii U. XD

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#58 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:45 AM

'Saving' the Wii U comes down to a few key things.

1) Advertising. This is so neglected for some reason and I don't understand why. They NEED to take some lessons from MS and Sony on this because I truthfully can't go a day without seeing at least one of their ads. Sony has sold the PS4 based on hype and the Xbones bad rep. I can't overstate how important this is for Nintendo and the few commercials I've seen EVER for the Wii U have all ranged from mediocre to horrible.

2) Online Interface. Look, Nintendo is stuck with their hardware and there is nothing they can do about it now. What they can work on however is their online infrastructure and features. Cross game chat, join friend play, a REAL messaging system for cripes sake! These are all things that Nintendo could and needs to add. They had to go to EA because they didn't know how to set up an online system, well then they need to hire people that do.

3) Start making games for the gamer again. They need to realize that the casual audience is gone, and they're not coming back. The only audience that's left for them is the hardcore Nintendo fans, and they're the people they need to cater to. Take all that manpower and resources they've used for 'Wii' games and start making Nintendo games again. They're going to attract way more people with core IPs designed with the depth and complexity that gamers want. We want to see another open world Mario game; we want to see another amazing Metroid, we want to see Starfox PERIOD. 

4) Mergers/acquisitions/partnerships. Nintendo simply needs to expand their company and expand their offerings, and this is the best way to do it. Platinum Games, Capcom, Sega. All names that would bring a lot to Nintendo if they became partners. Nintendo were MORONS when they didn't pick up Atlus. There is a lot of talent that is floating around in Japan right now. The big names in gaming that created some of the most iconic IPs ever are currently leaving their big publishers and starting up small dev teams of their own. Hideki Kamiya (DMC, Bayonetta, Okami, Resident Evil 2, Viewtiful Joe Wonderful 101), Keiji Inafune (Megaman), Mystwalker Studios (Final Fantasy), Itagaki (DOA, Ninja Gaiden), and now even Iga (metroidvania) are all now independent of any major publisher. These are experienced and talented devs with some of the best portfolios around, and you know they're going to be making gold, so why not have them make it on Nintendo systems?

Just to be clear, I'm not talking about buying out these guys. They left their respective companies because they wanted the freedom to do what they wanted and Nintendo should respect that. However, I think it would be in Nintendo's best interest to offer these talented devs a helping hand along with their full support. We've seen that Nintendo has been more than willing to help Platinum Games and they've made a great ally out of them, so much that Kamiya DOES want to join Nintendo. These guys have the talent but what they don't have is the means to publish. If Nintendo would offer to help publish and fund their games then not only would Nintendo start getting some AWESOME exclusive titles from some of gaming's most revered developers, they'd also start making good relations with these people. It's a win-win situation. Nintendo gets to make a profit on the publishing side of things as well as move more Wii U's which helps their business as a whole and the devs get the financial backing to make their games. How this helps Nintendo even more however is that these devs are going to get a lot of hands on time with the Wii U, learning how it works and how to get the most out of it, therefore they might be more inclined to work with Nintendo in the future..

pNgecl.gif

#59 Nintyfan86

Nintyfan86

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 06:23 PM

Repairing relations with third parties is an obvious first step. Nintendo needs an incentive for third parties that benefits both the publisher and platform holder. I talked about reducing risk for third parties in a prior post. You would do this by charging for the disc and setting royalties only if a specific amount of copies sell. In exchange, all DLC and quality requirements of the other versions come with it. If it bombs, Nintendo gains revenue by way of the proprietary disc format, yet loses nothing (the games we are talking about would not come to Wii U any way). 

However, this is really not enough. We all agree on advertising, and yes, Nintendo should high lite the main features of a system (show the Miiverse, and show someone seamlessly using a strategy guide without getting up, etc.) 

Again, not enough. 

Nintendo needs to represent staying power. Their brand power should be appealing to all ages, and this should be explicitly shown in the form of a person playing from cradle to grave. In other words, the message to the core audience should be, "Nintendo-with you from the beginning, with you until the end."

But...we need the games to prove this. X, Smash, MK 8, and Bayonetta are great starts. However, we should know about a new Metroid, Starfox, F Zero, Zelda, Eternal Darkness, etc.

Off Topic but- 

I guess I am saying that the Wii U should be looked at as a conversion and welcoming home for everyone that did not start gaming with a plastic guitar, phone, or motion control of any sort.

In the end, I would be happy with a brand spin off for stuff like Bayonetta. Sort of like how DC Comics had Vertigo for their adult content. Nintendo could have a 'hardcore' label for games that require more than 3 brain cells to play. 

#60 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:54 PM

Repairing relations with third parties is an obvious first step. Nintendo needs an incentive for third parties that benefits both the publisher and platform holder. I talked about reducing risk for third parties in a prior post. You would do this by charging for the disc and setting royalties only if a specific amount of copies sell. In exchange, all DLC and quality requirements of the other versions come with it. If it bombs, Nintendo gains revenue by way of the proprietary disc format, yet loses nothing (the games we are talking about would not come to Wii U any way). 

I still don't understand why so many people are under the assumption Nintendo has wronged publishers, and not the assumption that the publishers are just largely being vegetas.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!