• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#81 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:01 AM

Making fun of a people on this website is probably the reason why no one is checking for this forum. Anyway, the reason why Wii U is slacking is due to predictability of games and not adapting to hardware desires. 

#82 Nintyfan86

Nintyfan86

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:28 AM

Making fun of a people on this website is probably the reason why no one is checking for this forum. Anyway, the reason why Wii U is slacking is due to predictability of games and not adapting to hardware desires.

I can agree with your first point, but software wise, I am still playing W101. I have not really gotten into Infamous, and I traded in Titan fall. I agree with your point from a market standpoint, but right now the Ps4 and xbox one keep dust from my sli titan rig.

#83 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:57 PM

yeah you cant call out the Wii U for predictability of games... their game library is still growing and yes we have a lot of platformers but other things also. My personal opinion is that negative stigma, nintendo silence/lack of marketing, and their out of date practices is why Wii U is selling poor.

#84 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:05 AM

The Wii U's library isn't too shabby as it goes, there are some gems amongst a sea of platformers, inferior ports of multiplatform games and shovelware, but the problem is the Wii U doesn't really have any must have games at the moment, hopefully this will change with the launch of Mario Kart 8. Hopefully Mario Kart 8 is the catalyst for a change in the fortunes of the Wii U. I was contemplating trading in my Wii U and then saw a load of new information, pictures and gifs of Mario Kart 8 and watched the Super Smash Bros direct and instantly changed my mind as these are must have exclusives as far as I'm concerned. There will be console gamers waiting for the release of these two games and some will wait for Zelda U before picking up a Wii U, but will those adopters in waiting be enough to make the Wii U a profitable console for Nintendo? It's hard to say and as a natural pessimist, I don't think those gamers will be in large enough numbers to make the Wii U a winner for Nintendo.

What angers me about the Wii U is just how poor Nintendo have been at a) utilising the gamepad. B) at marketing. c) at adjusting to HD and d) at the lack of urgency to act to try and turn things around. When it comes to talking Mr Iwata is very astute at it, he's recognised the multiple failings of Nintendo in regards to their approach to the Wii U and yet fast forward many months nothing has changed.

Many comparisons are made with the Gamecube but at the end of the day, the Gamecube had a lot more third party support than the Wii U and while it only sold 21million units, it was ultimately a profitable console for Nintendo. The Wii U is bumbling along making losses for Nintendo and I hope things change for the better come May 30th because if Mario Kart, one of Nintendo's most successful franchises cannot dig them out of the hole they're in, I don't hold much positivity that Super Smash Bros or Zelda U doing so.

#85 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:34 AM

The Wii U's library isn't too shabby as it goes, there are some gems amongst a sea of platformers, inferior ports of multiplatform games and shovelware, but the problem is the Wii U doesn't really have any must have games at the moment, hopefully this will change with the launch of Mario Kart 8. Hopefully Mario Kart 8 is the catalyst for a change in the fortunes of the Wii U. I was contemplating trading in my Wii U and then saw a load of new information, pictures and gifs of Mario Kart 8 and watched the Super Smash Bros direct and instantly changed my mind as these are must have exclusives as far as I'm concerned. There will be console gamers waiting for the release of these two games and some will wait for Zelda U before picking up a Wii U, but will those adopters in waiting be enough to make the Wii U a profitable console for Nintendo? It's hard to say and as a natural pessimist, I don't think those gamers will be in large enough numbers to make the Wii U a winner for Nintendo.

What angers me about the Wii U is just how poor Nintendo have been at a) utilising the gamepad. B) at marketing. c) at adjusting to HD and d) at the lack of urgency to act to try and turn things around. When it comes to talking Mr Iwata is very astute at it, he's recognised the multiple failings of Nintendo in regards to their approach to the Wii U and yet fast forward many months nothing has changed.

Many comparisons are made with the Gamecube but at the end of the day, the Gamecube had a lot more third party support than the Wii U and while it only sold 21million units, it was ultimately a profitable console for Nintendo. The Wii U is bumbling along making losses for Nintendo and I hope things change for the better come May 30th because if Mario Kart, one of Nintendo's most successful franchises cannot dig them out of the hole they're in, I don't hold much positivity that Super Smash Bros or Zelda U doing so.

Yes their lack of urgency is concerning me very much. I think we can hope for thebest when it comes to mario kart 8 but i think the Wii U fate has been sealed. i just think the negative stigmas of the console has weighed it down so much. this year is going to be big for Nintendo in general so it is going to be interesting. SINK OR SWIM I have no pitty for Nintendo. I do wish them the best as I am a Wii U and 3ds owner. they have to learn how to fight back.

#86 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:08 AM

yeah you cant call out the Wii U for predictability of games... their game library is still growing and yes we have a lot of platformers but other things also. My personal opinion is that negative stigma, nintendo silence/lack of marketing, and their out of date practices is why Wii U is selling poor.

You talk about their out of date practices but tell me I can't call them on their predictability? Predictability is an out of date practice, they probably have been warned about it as well and yet they still do nothing about it. Also I didn't not called out the whole Nintendo company, I only called out the Wii U division since the 3DS is doing far better.  

#87 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:12 PM

I wasn't making fun, I'm genuinely shocked. All SailtheSeas does these days is say how nintendo should turn into a sony/microsoft clone despite being told numerous times by numerous people what n awful idea it is, and that he should seriously consider just selling his wii u and buying a ps4 or xbone. At least that's how he was before I blocked him.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#88 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:34 AM

Become head of SEARS, reduce NintendoLand Wii U Bundles to $99. Make room for more lawn mowers.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#89 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:28 AM

^ no 20$

Edited by DreamCat, 22 April 2014 - 09:29 AM.

#90 KingBoo

KingBoo

Walka

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • NNID:Kingofboos
  • Fandom:
    Mentos, bunnies, and anything Nintendo.

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:49 AM

i wud buy all da Wii U's to help save nintnedo and den i woud buy all the games on Wii U nd i wud buy all 3rd pardy games so they still mak games on Wii U. 

bb0.gif

#91 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:00 PM

I would make the best string of games the modern world has ever known. 3D World was the start, Tropical Freeze followed, now Mario Kart is nigh.

It has begun

#92 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:32 PM

I wasn't making fun, I'm genuinely shocked. All SailtheSeas does these days is say how nintendo should turn into a sony/microsoft clone despite being told numerous times by numerous people what n awful idea it is, and that he should seriously consider just selling his wii u and buying a ps4 or xbone. At least that's how he was before I blocked him.

I was speaking to everyone not you. Also Sailtheseas has made inputs which are questionble but other than that, he's been pro Wii U. Also what is wrong wanting a company that he likes to switch it up a bit? There is time for Realism and Fantasy and it's seems Nintendo is stuck in a fantasy.

#93 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:21 PM

I was speaking to everyone not you. Also Sailtheseas has made inputs which are questionble but other than that, he's been pro Wii U. Also what is wrong wanting a company that he likes to switch it up a bit? There is time for Realism and Fantasy and it's seems Nintendo is stuck in a fantasy.

There's difference than saying it should be switched up a bit and that it should turn into another dudebro loving company. Switching to competing with companies they're currently not competing with is a not good idea in fantasy and realistically.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#94 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:52 PM

There's difference than saying it should be switched up a bit and that it should turn into another dudebro loving company. Switching to competing with companies they're currently not competing with is a not good idea in fantasy and realistically.

I don't know if your part of the "hardcore" part of the fanbase and I hate to say this because you're actually awesome. This mentally you guys have is stupid. Why do you feel that Sony and MS are dudebro companies? Is it because they don't act like Nintendo or is because they are actually trying( MS barely but it's a start)? Also you say Nintendo is not competing with those companies? A lot of the hardcore fans did not say that when the Wii in 2010 sold 94 million worldwide and it was the declared the best selling console in the 7 gen range.

Also this isn't for the whole Nintendo, I hope you and I can both agree that the Wii U division needs a tune-up. I know Mario Kart 8 based on it name alone is gonna shift some units but if they carry on this way, X won't every stand a chance.

Edited by BASEDGOD Pachter, 22 April 2014 - 07:53 PM.

#95 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:04 PM

I don't know if your part of the "hardcore" part of the fanbase and I hate to say this because you're actually awesome. This mentally you guys have is stupid. Why do you feel that Sony and MS are dudebro companies? Is it because they don't act like Nintendo or is because they are actually trying( MS barely but it's a start)? Also you say Nintendo is not competing with those companies? A lot of the hardcore fans did not say that when the Wii in 2010 sold 94 million worldwide and it was the declared the best selling console in the 7 gen range.

Also this isn't for the whole Nintendo, I hope you and I can both agree that the Wii U division needs a tune-up. I know Mario Kart 8 based on it name alone is gonna shift some units but if they carry on this way, X won't every stand a chance.

Nah I think you misunderstood me. I'm not saying the company themselves are dudebro companies, but that is a big part of their consumer base, and it's something they not only acknowledge, but accept and embrace (as you can see in their advertisements, presentations, etc.)

Also the competing comment was said by one of the high ups in Ninty, either Iwata or Miyamoto or something. And it's true, Nintendo isn't attempting to directly compete with the other two consoles, they're solely concerned with doing well themselves and doing good for gaming. Sony and Microsoft however, are definitely competing directly with each other, and for some reason hate Nintendo, when Nintendo don't do crap to them.

And of course we all agree that something needs to be done to increase Wii U sale. That's why it gets brought up like every other week :P

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#96 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:17 PM

Nah I think you misunderstood me. I'm not saying the company themselves are dudebro companies, but that is a big part of their consumer base, and it's something they not only acknowledge, but accept and embrace (as you can see in their advertisements, presentations, etc.)
Also the competing comment was said by one of the high ups in Ninty, either Iwata or Miyamoto or something. And it's true, Nintendo isn't attempting to directly compete with the other two consoles, they're solely concerned with doing well themselves and doing good for gaming. Sony and Microsoft however, are definitely competing directly with each other, and for some reason hate Nintendo, when Nintendo don't do crap to them.

And of course we all agree that something needs to be done to increase Wii U sale. That's why it gets brought up like every other week :P

The thing is that they have to compete with them, whether they like it or not. Fans, investors, journalists, people who love chaos will make it a console war even when there is no need for one.

The real thing Nintendo need to do is think about their steps carefully. They seem very sloppy and look like they have no back-up plans when the main plan goes haywire. I want X to bring success for them but at this current moment, they need to act cold and calculated for sometime to stay a float. Also I as well hate those Nintendo are doom threads but they are a reminder that reality is Nintendo Wii U division have not done anything to warrant a Wii U purchase from anyone.

Edited by BASEDGOD Pachter, 22 April 2014 - 08:22 PM.

#97 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:23 PM

The thing is that they have to compete with them, whether they like it or not. Fans, investors, journalists, people who love chaos will make it a console war even when there is no need for one.

The real thing Nintendo need to do is think about their steps carefully. They seem very sloppy and look like they have no back-up plans when the main plan goes haywire. I want X to bring success for them but at this current moment, they need to act cold and calculated for sometime to stay a float. Also I as well hate those Nintendo are doom threads but they are a reminder that reality is Nintendo Wii division have not done anything to warrant a Wii U purchase from a anyone.

Nah, even if the media tries to pit them against them, it can't be a competition unless both parties are actively trying to win said competition. If one of the parties refuses to take part, it's not a competition any more. As long as Nintendo keeps doing their own thing, without the intention of going up against other companies, they're not competing with anyone (except maybe themselves), and that's the way it should be in my opinion. It's the only way we seem to be able to get some actual diversity, and fresh ideas in gaming these days.

I would say that the releasing of 3DS smash a couple of months before Smash Wii U proves that Nintendo are definitely still thinking very hard about what is best for their business, and how to boost sales best they can. I'm sure they have a backup plan.

And really, I think the Wii U as it is now warrants purchase from everyone, Nintendo just hasn't been able to show people that.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#98 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:58 AM

I would make the best string of games the modern world has ever known. 3D World was the start, Tropical Freeze followed, now Mario Kart is nigh.

It has begun

As much as I liked 3D World, it is by far the worst 3D Mario game ever released imo, that's how good 3D Mario games have been.

Microsoft and Nintendo representatives have said nothing but good things about Nintendo.

Like it or not competition is good for industries and good for consumers.

Nintendo should embrace competition and not shun away from it.

#99 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:31 AM

Microsoft and Nintendo representatives have said nothing but good things about Nintendo.

That makes sense....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!