Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:39 PM

I liked how Lego City used it.

Gah, forgot about that one. LEGO City used it amazingly.

Bring the noise.

#23 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:47 PM

I love the gampad, I love Off-TV play, I love the fact that it acts like a map (really if games just did this, I would be perfectly happy, as long as it supported touch too.) ZombiU and others that take advantage of it makes games 100x better.

Stupid Snowmads!

#24 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:28 PM

Gah, forgot about that one. LEGO City used it amazingly.

Both Lego City and Windwaker HD used it really really well.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#25 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:14 PM

To an extent, it is kind of a waste. No game has used it in any substantially useful way besides Nintendo Land (where's it's part of the game), Game & Wario (same reason as Nintendo Land), the Scribblenauts games (typing), Lego City Undercover, and Pikmin 3's map. Everything else has just been off TV or a stats screen, which is a nice feature, but it's just not being used to it's full potential.

Edited by Cranky Kong, 05 March 2014 - 08:15 PM.

#26 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:20 PM

To an extent, it is kind of a waste. No game has used it in any substantially useful way besides Nintendo Land (where's it's part of the game), Game & Wario (same reason as Nintendo Land), the Scribblenauts games (typing), Lego City Undercover, and Pikmin 3's map. Everything else has just been off TV or a stats screen, which is a nice feature, but it's just not being used to it's full potential.

how many games really used the wii mote to it's full potential at this time in the console cycle? I mean we had Galaxy, Fire Emblem, Metroid?, that's about it for actual games of this nature. sure, it had it's mainstream success, but those games were wii sports and stuff, never really changed the core gamer's persective on how they should play their games

#27 dark_rabbid

dark_rabbid

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, tales, and online games.

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:26 AM

I liked how Lego City used it.

Haven't got to try Lego city but it's use in dues ex is amazing. Worth every cent. Can't imagine playing the game without the gamepad.

#28 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:59 AM

Haven't got to try Lego city but it's use in dues ex is amazing. Worth every cent. Can't imagine playing the game without the gamepad.

Yes Deus Ex is amazing on Wii U. Gamepad integration from the ground up for this game. I also think NFSMW U does a great job utilizing the gamepad.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#29 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:07 AM

Yes Deus Ex is amazing on Wii U. Gamepad integration from the ground up for this game. I also think NFSMW U does a great job utilizing the gamepad.

Gah. Forgot about Deus Ex also... Brilliant game.

Need For Speed doesn't use the gamepad quite as well, but it is good.

Edited by Happy Monk, 06 March 2014 - 08:07 AM.

Bring the noise.

#30 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:44 AM

I love the gamepad, but it is disappointing in terms of how it's used (or not used rather) with actual games.  Offline play is great, as is using it to surf while watching TV- or even using it to watch Netflix while somebody else is watching TV.....  So, I think its existence is justified.  

Nintendo should come out with another party game that is for the most part gamepad oriented.

#31 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:40 AM

I think Nintendoland was also a great exemple of what you could do with it. Namely, the Zelda, DK, Yoshi and F-Zero. Loved the last one! Hope future racing games can have this over the top perspective on the gamepad.

I have yet to see something special for a big Nintendo game like Mario, DK or Zelda.

It´s cool that you can use it as a map, menu or a searching device during a game, but, is that all? F-Zero on NintendoLand says no - yes, i loved playing it on the gamepad! :D

Edit: Would be cool to see a game where the TV screen and the gamepad screen can actually work together to reveal some things in the game world. Like, the gamepad can work as a reflecting mirror on the game`s light and you can shed light in other areas or items, or it even affects just the world on the gamepad to reveal new pathways.

Edited by DéliopT, 06 March 2014 - 11:45 AM.

#32 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:05 AM

Is having a map display or menu display on the Gamepad really worth it? I don't think it is, the Wii U gamepad has to be the most useless peripheral ever with the Kinect 2.0 being a close second.

#33 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:20 AM

In this thread, Sailtheseas advocates Singstar

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#34 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:23 AM

I don't think it is, the Wii U gamepad has to be the most useless peripheral ever with the Kinect 2.0 being a close second.

You haven't seen, like, the vast majority of NES/Atari peripherals, have you?

8015.peraurainteractor.jpg5305.peractivator.jpg

3716.peruforce.jpgdc_vmu_white.gifskywriter-stick-station.jpg

Just to show a few. Oh, and my personal favorite: 

mindlink.JPG

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#35 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:43 AM

You haven't seen, like, the vast majority of NES/Atari peripherals, have you?

8015.peraurainteractor.jpg5305.peractivator.jpg

3716.peruforce.jpgdc_vmu_white.gifskywriter-stick-station.jpg

Just to show a few. Oh, and my personal favorite: 

mindlink.JPG

He is wearing this so that would not be possible

horse_blinders.jpg

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#36 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:18 AM

Wooden Wonder! :D

#37 Tibetan Monk

Tibetan Monk

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • NNID:Tibetan_Monk

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:04 AM

Personally, I love the gamepad. Obviously for the OffTv, which I use regularly but it's also my main browser. I barely use my PC anymore.

#38 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:07 AM

It's funny to me how big this gamepad issue is becoming. I think most people are just trying to look for a reason the WiiU is failing and choosing the gamepad by default. I remember when Wii U was first announced all everyone was talking about was man it would be cool to have your HUD off main screen now on the game pad and off TV play. Now everyone seems to try and make it like you have to make these grand ideas and implementation for the gamepad for it to be of any use. The gamepad is amazing and the reason the WiiU is unique and different. If a game has gameplay that fits the WiiU (Watchdogs looking at you) then make it work if not don't stress put your HUD on gamepad and give us off_tv play and call it a day. Stop trying to blame gamepad for WiiU's problem. Nintendo and it's lack of marketing, not having must have games at launch, selection of released software, and no response stance on negative developers, journalist and media is why the WiiU is in the place it is now. 

#39 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:56 AM

He's right and he's wrong.
Some games use it to do special things, and some just use off-tv play.
I love off-tv play, so I don't mind, in fact I prefer if developers don't use the gamepad for anything that would break off-tv play.

I don't think it's a waste because of off-tv, but I think it's a waste because developers aren't using it enough to justify the (likely) $100 it added to the console cost.
Overall I prefer it to a console that wouldn't have a gamepad.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#40 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:52 AM

Haha still better than Kinect, Move, and that VR headset Sony just announced.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!