21 replies to this topic

#1 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:17 AM

It's a very simple campaign to get Wii U sales up.

If Nintendo wont do it - the loyal 5.8million will. Let's start a campaign amongst ALL Wii U owners to aim and persuade just ONE person they know (or don't!) to buy a Wii U. IF every Wii U owner persuaded just ONE friend we'd have 11.6 million strong, imagine if life time sales DOUBLED in just ONE month by each one of us trying to persuade just ONE friend to buy a WiiU.

Then imagine down the line if those 5.8 new users persuaded one of their friends and so on?

What do you think? Make April the month where Nintendo's Wii U sales jump from 5.8/5.9 million units to 11.6 million in just one month.

A lot of realists would say only 20% of people will succeed at best that's still a boost of 1.16 million sales. Which for Nintendo is a lot right now considering it now has competition. Who's up for trying?

Edited by Penguin101, 10 March 2014 - 08:17 AM.

#2 Tibetan Monk

Tibetan Monk

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • NNID:Tibetan_Monk

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:42 AM

I might be able to convince one friend. He was gonna buy a PS4, but did say he was interested in the Wii U too. So far he hasn't bought the PS4 yet, so who knows.

#3 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:57 AM

A great way to get friends really interested is to invite them over to play. Some friends never gave the Wii U a chance from the get go but once they have played it, their mindset changed. I know of one friend who picked up one over the holidays and another considering it this summer. Host a gaming party, let people experience what the Wii U offers, there is quite a library of games to showoff what makes the system appealing.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#4 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:12 AM

It's not really our responsibility to sell Wii U's for Nintendo, essentially become a non profitable Nintendo sales rep? No thanks, I've done my bit in recommending Wii U to my friends and on other console forums.

#5 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 10 March 2014 - 02:06 PM

Idk the wii u is good but hard to sell it when someone will ask. "What games are coming for it and can I play this game of that game?"
Hen you gotta tell them umm it has Mario kart and delay watch dogs:)

Nintendo gotta get games that everyone wants.
I saw titans fall and it looks good but not worth me dropping the money for a Xbox 1.
And that's how people look at the wii u.
It's good but not worth dropping the money for mario.

Then I get other people that will as whee the football and basketball games are and does the online work.

See its not really about use selling it to someone it's about Nintendo fixing the problems and it selling itself.

My mom that doesn't know what a mp3 is knows about the ps4, but doesn't know about the wii u. If I say Nintendo she will say that gameboy.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#6 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 03:32 PM

If Nintendo wont do it - the loyal 5.8million will. Let's start a campaign amongst ALL Wii U owners to aim and persuade just ONE person they know (or don't!) to buy a Wii U. IF every Wii U owner persuaded just ONE friend we'd have 11.6 million strong, imagine if life time sales DOUBLED in just ONE month by each one of us trying to persuade just ONE friend to buy a WiiU.

Then imagine down the line if those 5.8 new users persuaded one of their friends and so on?

What do you think? Make April the month where Nintendo's Wii U sales jump from 5.8/5.9 million units to 11.6 million in just one month.

A lot of realists would say only 20% of people will succeed at best that's still a boost of 1.16 million sales. Which for Nintendo is a lot right now considering it now has competition. Who's up for trying?

😃 Shokio is trying to do this too. Good luck!

And I always try to get my friends to buy what I like!
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#7 Dr Wario

Dr Wario

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 03:36 PM

Good luck finding the list of all Wii U owners.  This campaign is doomed.  :)

undOZ4c.png

#8 ZyroXZ2

ZyroXZ2

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:23 PM

I already encourage people to look into the Wii U.  You can't really "sell" it, but if you make it seem "cool" enough, people will want to check it out on their own.  That's all we can really do  :P

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!

Sig_Banner.jpg

www.youtube.com/zyroxz2

Enjoy!  :laugh:

#9 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:01 PM

I have a friend who will get a wiiu when smash comes out, I'm sure a lot of other people are doing the same. 

#10 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:28 PM

I don't have any friends who would want to buy a Wii U, anyone I know who does already got one a while ago, I hardly use my own...

Edited by YoshiWiiUGamer9, 10 March 2014 - 07:28 PM.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#11 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:05 PM

Some coworkers were really indifferent towards Wii U but since I got one last December and told them about all great games and features they have more positive views on the console. Even a buddy of mine got a 2DS and is considering getting the Wii U.

#12 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:22 AM

Nintendo gotta get games that everyone wants.

Nintendo has the games that everyone wants.  That's why the haters in gamez website comment threads are constantly calling for Nintendo not to go out of business, but to stop making consoles and become a 3rd party software developer for other consoles.

Edited by kokirii, 11 March 2014 - 04:23 AM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#13 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:01 PM

Nintendo has the games that everyone wants.  That's why the haters in gamez website comment threads are constantly calling for Nintendo not to go out of business, but to stop making consoles and become a 3rd party software developer for other consoles.

They really dont have games everyone wants tho.

For a nintendo fan yes there rounding in it.

But for someone that is just picking up a system for the first time. they dont really have stuff for everyone.

Plus we keep getting half ass ports.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#14 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:46 PM

They really dont have games everyone wants tho.

Not sure what you're talking about.  People are constantly clamoring for Nintendo to put Mario/Zelda/etc on other platforms.  

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#15 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:18 PM

I actually did this around a year ago now. Just told a friend how much fun it was and talked about a few released and future games. Within a couple weeks he bought one. It's really not as hard as you think...

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#16 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:21 AM

I actually did this around a year ago now. Just told a friend how much fun it was and talked about a few released and future games. Within a couple weeks he bought one. It's really not as hard as you think...

Are you two still friends after that? LOL jk ^_~
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#17 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:39 PM

How about everyone that has a Wii U right now buy another 3? That way we'd have 23 million Wii U's sold.

Nintendo is saved. Thanks everyone.

Like Toilet_Snaker said, it's not up to us to sell the system, it's up to Nintendo to do it and they're failing miserably.

Edited by Arkhandar, 13 March 2014 - 03:41 PM.

If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#18 twohits

twohits

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • NNID:twohits

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:14 PM

I like the way your mind works my friend, I got a friend to buy a Wii U, he also ended up buying a 2ds with pokemon x as well.

Let's start a campaign amongst ALL Wii U owners to aim and persuade just ONE person they know (or don't!) to buy a Wii U.

#19 itsdavebaby

itsdavebaby

Blooper

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Fandom:
    Futurama

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:28 AM

How about everyone that has a Wii U right now buy another 3? That way we'd have 23 million Wii U's sold.

Nintendo is saved. Thanks everyone.

Like Toilet_Snaker said, it's not up to us to sell the system, it's up to Nintendo to do it and they're failing miserably.

I just bought a refurbished one from Nintendo, does that count? Total of two.

#20 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:17 AM

I got an idea,

We tweet one reason we like the Wii U with a hashtag, see if we can get it trending or something.

But your idea is good too.

Stupid Snowmads!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!