Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:33 AM

We already know that the PlayStation 4 has taken a strong lead in the early goings of the latest console generation, but where are those millions of customers coming from? According to DealNews, one of the key factors to Sony’s success has been converting the “swing gamers” — Xbox owners who have decided to ditch the Microsoft brand for PlayStation this generation.

A survey of 1,727 readers revealed that 35% of gamers who owned both the Xbox 360 and PS3 have opted to purchase a PlayStation 4 while only 23% bought an Xbox One. Brand loyalty was a major selling point for gamers who only owned one last-gen console, but “dual owners” are skewed in Sony’s direction, primarily because of the enhanced specifications. Whether or not the ongoing 1080p controversy will stick around as headline news for much longer remains to be seen, but it’s certainly turned some heads post-launch.

http://games.yahoo.c...-174504783.html

Lameeee

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:05 AM

Microsoft have failed to keep their costumers by neglecting backwards compatibility and the Xbox Live gameslibrary. That to me meant that I have to start with a fresh new system and that could be any gameconsole. They reset their userbase themselves.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#3 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:19 AM

Report: Sony marketing team find a new avenue to attack competitors.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#4 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:44 AM

Press below spoiler if you don't mind some XB1 hate.

Spoiler

Edited by Abcdude, 16 March 2014 - 09:45 AM.

794144.png?13383682

#5 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:55 AM

Good.

MS is irrelevent in the console space anymore.

XBL was cool when it started and 360 helped bring indies along.

XBO however uses now a dated format with XBL. It's not been nearly as indie friendly as WiiU or PS4.

It's 3rd party games can be played on other consoles or PC and it's first party can be played on PC's

All the TV crap I can get in Roku or other consoles.

MS has zero place in japan.

MS should sell off the Xbox division.

Sony & Nintendo still keep exclusives to the console esp first party. Sony always has the best 3rd party support and they often have good 3rd party exclusives. Nintendo often has hidden gem exclusives. Why I have 40 game sand growing for Wii. They also hold a Japan presense.

#6 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:14 AM

I wonder if Wii U will sell out X1 this gen.

It would certainly be interesting to see MS go down from 1st place last gen to last place this gen. It would show that Nintendo and Sony's focus on actual games instead of "media" is still what gamers are looking for.

#7 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:26 AM

It would certainly be interesting to see MS go down from 1st place last gen to last place this gen. It would show that Nintendo and Sony's focus on actual games instead of "media" is still what gamers are looking for.

Microsoft was second place last generation. But I would laugh so hard if Microsoft ends up loosing. Then I would cry because my guess on who would win would be wrong. :'(
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#8 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:28 AM

Microsoft was second place last generation. But I would laugh so hard if Microsoft ends up loosing. Then I would cry because my guess on who would win would be wrong. :'(

MS fell to 3rd place last gen. PS3 eclipsed it about a year ago.

#9 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:55 AM

Conclusion: it would be really funny if MS went from last place to last place!

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#10 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:33 AM

My guess: PS4 (people really seem to love it) > Wii U (has been critized  a lot, but  that's mostly because it's Nintendo and  they always get hated for no real reason. People will  buy this because it's Nintendo) >  X1 (has been critised quite a lot too, don't know any people personally who want one) 

No sig.

#11 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:44 AM

The PS3 has outsold the 360.

My guess: PS4 (people really seem to love it) > Wii U (has been critized  a lot, but  that's mostly because it's Nintendo and  they always get hated for no real reason. People will  buy this because it's Nintendo) >  X1 (has been critised quite a lot too, don't know any people personally who want one) 

I'll be very surprised if the Wii U outsells the XB1 this generation.

#12 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:54 AM

It's too early to judge the ps4 or X1 simply because they don't have a year under their belts, so right now ps4 is winning but who knows how's going to turn out a year later. Still as of right now the X1 has the better games with Forza5, TitanFall, and Killer Instinct but that doesn't seem to be changing the tide towards them(probably the price which did hurt my pocket lol).

Now the wiiu is what it is a 1st party system with the occasional port but I don't see that changing and like the X1 it has better games than the ps4.

The PS4 has some games but nothing that truly compares to those of WiiUs and X1, still it has a ton of potential with its power behind it and it's awesome controller. Also maybe Infamous which is the first big game this year for the ps4 is coming out this week so idk maybe that will prove and justify why everyone is purchasing it.

Still like I said a year from now maybe the ps4 has that key exclusive that wows us or maybe it's the wiiu or X1.

#13 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:01 PM

Oh right, thanks for that. I had no idea and just assumed since they got a head start that they stayed ahead of sony.

#14 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:25 PM

It's probably worth noting that while the P4 is out in I believe 57 markets globally, the x1 is only out in something around 11.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#15 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:37 PM

It's probably worth noting that while the P4 is out in I believe 57 markets globally, the x1 is only out in something around 11.

Which would matter if this were sales figures, which they're not. This is more of a "intend to buy in the future" survey, which the PS4 is currently in the lead of.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#16 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:57 PM

Which would matter if this were sales figures, which they're not. This is more of a "intend to buy in the future" survey, which the PS4 is currently in the lead of.

In which market though?

http://dealnews.com/...ers/990561.html
Never heard of them.
I wouldn't honestly count multi-console owners as "swing", surely the word would be more accurately applied to 360 to p4?

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#17 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:04 PM

In which market though?

http://dealnews.com/...ers/990561.html
Never heard of them.
I wouldn't honestly count multi-console owners as "swing", surely the word would be more accurately applied to 360 to p4?

From the looks of things, it's a "from our readers" poll.

But I will give you that counting multi-console owners is a bit one-sided. Maybe a larger poll is needed from a larger gaming site?

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#18 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:07 PM

From the looks of things, it's a "from our readers" poll.

But I will give you that counting multi-console owners is a bit one-sided. Maybe a larger poll is needed from a larger gaming site?

Turns out they're owned by Sony.
their marketing team need to use better methods of hiding their affiliation.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#19 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:09 PM

It's too early to judge the ps4 or X1 simply because they don't have a year under their belts, so right now ps4 is winning but who knows how's going to turn out a year later. Still as of right now the X1 has the better games with Forza5, TitanFall, and Killer Instinct but that doesn't seem to be changing the tide towards them(probably the price which did hurt my pocket lol).

Now the wiiu is what it is a 1st party system with the occasional port but I don't see that changing and like the X1 it has better games than the ps4.

The PS4 has some games but nothing that truly compares to those of WiiUs and X1, still it has a ton of potential with its power behind it and it's awesome controller. Also maybe Infamous which is the first big game this year for the ps4 is coming out this week so idk maybe that will prove and justify why everyone is purchasing it.

Still like I said a year from now maybe the ps4 has that key exclusive that wows us or maybe it's the wiiu or X1.

Depends where you are coming from.

Forza 5 was a very poor showing and a downgrade from 4 from what I could tell (I own 2, 3 and 4).  But most of all, they didn't make my expensive racing wheel compatible that I had only just bought.

Killer Instinct, I don't care about fighting games.

Titanfall, I don't care about any game which is online only.

However I actually quite enjoyed Knack, some aspects of it felt like an old Rare game - although not the same overall quality not awful like someone people were saying.  Also when playing it in 1080p you realise it IS a next-gen game, its just the choice of art style doesn't show it off how you expect.  The way the camera pulls away as Knack gets bigger - that needed 1080p to work as it would be really hard to see what is going on otherwise.

When it comes to multi-platorm, PS4 was a no brainer because why pick the lesser powered console? If I was going ONLY for power then of course my PC easily matches or slightly beats PS4, but I like the ease of console gaming.  I just don't find myself booting up PC games that often even though I have a decent collection.

I'm looking forward to Drive Club, a racing game actually using next-gen graphical features like proper raytraced lighting.  Despite what some people say, the look of a racing game makes a HUGE difference to how fun it is to play.  One reason I got bored with Forza was its so clinical, the environment feels so fake as its identical every time.  This got worse in Forza 5 because the extra resolution just make it more obvious when things aren't animated or reflecting/lit properly, etc.  When you are trying to simulate reality you want those little graphical details that make the world feel alive and different every time.

As someone said above, Microsoft pushed me away.  I LOVED Xbox 360 for many years but with neither console backwards compatible, and Sony seeming to make the biggest effort to bring some of the catalog over, I had no good reason to stay. Had they at least brought over my huge Xbox Live Arcade catalog I would probably have gone for Xbox One.

Edited by Alex Atkin UK, 16 March 2014 - 03:14 PM.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#20 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:17 PM

PS4 taking out the trash, pretty surprising the gulf in sales between PS4 and Xbone when Sony hasn't released that must have exclusive yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!