#1 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:09 AM

Leaked Images Reveal One Of This Fall's Two Assassin's Creed Games

dcbc08cqhxtspmtpiiag.pngExpand

One of this fall's big Assassin's Creed games, called or code-named Unity, is set at least partly in 18th-century Paris, according to early leaked screenshots obtained by Kotaku.

These screenshots, sent to me by a source who requested anonymity, show Unity's new assassin roaming around what appears to be Paris. You can see Notre Dame, the Seine River, and other Parisian landmarks, and the shots are very clearly from an early version of the game.

What's more, this is just one of two major Assassin's Creed games that will be out later this year, according to a number of sources. Unity will be for the current-gen consoles—Xbox One and PS4—while a second game, possibly called or code-named Comet, will be released on Xbox 360 and PS3. Presumably one or both versions will also be on PC. Sorry, Nintendo fans: I haven't yet heard anything about Wii U.1

This information comes both from web chatter and our own conversations with developer sources. For months now we've heard rumors and rumblings about what could be the next installment in Ubisoft's popular assassin-parkour series, which has been released on an annual schedule for five years now. There's been a new major Assassin's Creed every fall since 2009.

Interesting as all this is, the prospect of two major AC games this fall is particularly noteworthy. Some might be excited that Ubisoft is liberating their teams from the shackles of cross-gen development for Unity, which won't have to make any compromises to fit into last-gen hardware. But some critics have already accused Ubisoft of milking the Assassin's Creed franchise—in the past five months alone we've seen Black Flag, the mobile game Pirates, the HD remakes of Liberation, and an Assassin's Creed board game called Arena. Two new games this fall could add to Assassin's Creed's reputation as an overused series.

ojrxzdlagqakgvwkledr.pngExpand

A few weeks ago, rumors about Unity popped up on the gaming forum NeoGAF, and were later corroborated by Examiner's Nicholas Gigante, who has been correct about Ubisoft-related rumors in the past. The gist: Unity is one of two Assassin's Creed games this fall; Unity is set during the French Revolution; Unity stars an assassin named Arno. This all matches up with rumblings we've heard in conversations with our own developer sources. It also meshes with the screenshots we've obtained (all posted below).2

Last month, Assassin's Creed producer Jade Raymond told AdWeek that the next game in the franchise would be set during her "favorite historical era." A fake internal e-mail in last year's Assassin's Creed IV hinted at a number of potential historical settings for future games in the series, one of which was the French Revolution. Last year at E3, Ubisoft boss Yves Guillemot told Kotaku boss Stephen Totilo that they had three Assassin's Creeds in development.3

6Ipn1sY.png

O37LhRy.png

BbZShYz.png

giLSEQP.png

Likely no WiiU version. Shame really enjoying ACIV on WiiU. Maybe Ubi has given up.

Edited by Ryudo, 19 March 2014 - 10:11 AM.

#2 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:18 AM

Dunno if real, and if real, dunno if I like it.

The  setting could have been better,  even though it's not the least interesting time period.  Should be good for the story though. Maybe I just need to g et used to it,  even though there are much better choices.

Edit:  nevermind, that church in the distance looks totally awesome.

Edited by Keviin, 19 March 2014 - 10:20 AM.

No sig.

#3 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:39 AM

Although artistically it does look similar to AC3, I definitely disagree that the setting could have been better. It was a perfect fit for an AC game. The time period of cruel kings and Antoinette really matches with the assassin theme of the games. 

2lvmghw.png

#4 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:41 PM

Meh I really don't want to buy a series of on two different platforms, or a 2nd "NextGen" console. After I was just getting into the series on the Wii U.

Stupid Snowmads!

#5 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:49 PM

Meh I really don't want to buy a series of on two different platforms, or a 2nd "NextGen" console. After I was just getting into the series on the Wii U.

Not sure if you played other games in the series but if possible try ACII. Best in the series. Game had an amazing main character voiced by Sonic and one of the best revenge stories ever. Not to mention Jesper Kyde amazing OST.

Series has been mostly down from that point on. ACIV I enjoyed for setting. But holds no candle to ACII

#6 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 19 March 2014 - 02:37 PM

Not sure if you played other games in the series but if possible try ACII. Best in the series. Game had an amazing main character voiced by Sonic and one of the best revenge stories ever. Not to mention Jesper Kyde amazing OST.

Series has been mostly down from that point on. ACIV I enjoyed for setting. But holds no candle to ACII

I actually bought ACII after III, well maybe I have trouble going back in time, but it was too weird to play, the controls were eh, I mean I'm sure its a great story, and willing to try again, my first experience wasent that good however. 
I actually really enjoyed ACIII for two points, 1) the setting of early america, 2) the parkour was fun. I didn't bother with any of the settlement stuff. ACIV is pretty good, the ship times are interesting and the setting is beatiful. Defiantly better than III.

Stupid Snowmads!

#7 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 02:55 PM

ACIII I think is everyones most hated in the series. I know my friend hated Conner for being a bad representation of natives as a native himself.

II set many standards for the series but man is the story good. keep at it the game gets more and more rewarding as you progress.

#8 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:12 PM

The era should be around the time of the French Revolution if I remember correctly. Pretty interesting time period. Quite unique.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#9 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:26 PM

They had to choose France eventually.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#10 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:37 PM

I actually bought ACII after III, well maybe I have trouble going back in time, but it was too weird to play, the controls were eh

I totally get this. The earlier Assassin's Creeds often utilised the face buttons to represent different parts of the body, and so things like traversal were a bit messy but more fun and intuitive than what it is now. I think ACIII was when they finally achieved free running just by holding a button and going towards objects like trees and buildings. I didn't hate ACIII as much as say Revelations, where Ezio was more or less playing the blow-in. Kinda like FFXII to be honest.

This could be an interesting title. I've always played AC for the story as opposed to the open world. French Revolution could be nice, concentrated even. I've never liked the massive expanses in AC for the most part, which I get that most people will disagree with.

I don't think these are fake screenshots either, and that this is the real deal. There's too many screenshots to fake, the quality in each of them is too high, and any faker wouldn't put Parkour Up and Parkour Down on the HUD.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#11 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:25 PM

I bet this game isn't coming to the Wii U.

#12 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:04 AM

No mention of it in either of the two games,rats leaving a sinking ship.
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#13 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:03 AM

You didn't even read the op did you? It's all mentioned there

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#14 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 02:02 AM

lol if that's the xbone version, graphics are terrible.

#15 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 20 March 2014 - 02:07 AM

Probably because that's early build.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#16 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:10 AM

No mention of it in either of the two games,rats leaving a sinking ship.

I don't blame Ubisoft, they've released several games on the Wii U and there clearly isn't consumer demand for their games on the Wii U as sales have shown. Wii U owners have no right demanding third party games when the current third party games have had poor sales figures across the board.

You didn't even read the op did you? It's all mentioned there

"Sorry, Nintendo fans: I haven't yet heard anything about Wii U".....straight from the article.

Probably because that's early build.

Toilet_Snaker isn't the most intelligent fella in the World is he?

#17 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:57 AM

"Sorry, Nintendo fans: I haven't yet heard anything about Wii U".....straight from the article.

Yea so your comment was pointless, if you had read it to begin with you would have known and didn't need to comment

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#18 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:00 AM

Yea so your comment was pointless, if you had read it to begin with you would have known and didn't need to comment

It's not coming to the Wii U.

#19 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:52 AM

Assassin's Creed Unity confirmed for PC, PS4, and Xbox One
authorpoint.gif9 minutes ago - 10:39 AM on 03.21.2014

Ubisoft has confirmed the existence of Assassin's Creed Unity, which was just leaked a few days ago. It'll arrive on the PC, PS4, and Xbox One platforms this Holiday season, making it the first true current-gen entry, and seems to take place during the French Revolution.

Despite what people may think about the oversaturation of the franchise, the fact is I've enjoyed most of the series, annual releases and all, with a few missteps here and there (Revelations and III). Black Flag showed that the series still has it, so to speak, so I hope Unity can deliver.

Edited by Ryudo, 21 March 2014 - 07:53 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!