52 replies to this topic

#1 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:59 PM

ivC4gCoBe2Z9j.png

Nintendo has hinted at the idea the next game may take a top down view. Which would be interesting IMO.

Zelda always shakes up the look or formula. If it does go a more realtistic route how much better could it look than the demo I wonder.

#2 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:00 PM

It is possible for it to look better.

But I think it will definitely be a different art-style they go with.

#3 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:11 PM

I think it could looking at games like infamous SS and X developers seem to be pushing the visuals real fast this gen.

#4 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:22 PM

I really hope they make it the usual third person style :) I read an article where the forest dungeon in the game would be bigger than hyrule field (OOT) itself and that it is going to be Nintendo's most expensive game yet. 

Here's the article itself: http://wiiudaily.com...me-coming-2014/

It's a bit dated but the information it gives really hypes up the game :D

Take it with a grain of salt though 'cause everything in this article could all be made up for all we know... still an interesting read.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#5 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:24 PM

From what I remember, Nintendo said that Zelda U is going to look close to what it did at the E3 demo.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#6 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:26 PM

It is possible for it to look better.

But I think it will definitely be a different art-style they go with.

Depends on the theme they go with. If they go with a more light hearted story then the art style will fit accordingly ala Wind Waker and Skyward Sword. Depending on how smart Nintendo is though, they might return to a Twilight Princess like style but without all the flare lighting.

pNgecl.gif

#7 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:40 PM

Depends on the theme they go with. If they go with a more light hearted story then the art style will fit accordingly ala Wind Waker and Skyward Sword. Depending on how smart Nintendo is though, they might return to a Twilight Princess like style but without all the flare lighting.

Well recently we have been getting brighter looking Zelda games...

SS, HD remake of WW, ALBW.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#8 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • NNID:ViralLight
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Splatushi

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:42 PM

Well that's usually the case but you never know. All that's important to me is that the style is good, it can be a different style and still look graphically superior.

#9 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:08 PM

I think they are going for a new look. A young Link on a very artistic title.

Not realistic, nor animated. Something in between.

#10 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:02 PM

My brain tells me they will go with a different art style, Because Nintendo

But I really, really, REALLY want them to go with the tech demo Art style, that style was Perfect in every way for a Zelda game IMO.

Honestly, who knows what they're going to do, Nintendo is very unpredictable (going back to gamecube tech demo then their first game being Wind Waker).

Will it look better tho? Probably, only a little bit tho.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#11 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:03 PM

they mentioned they weren't sure if they wanted to go back to wind waker or stick with realistic
During a direct they announced wwhd

I assume this means they're sticking with realistic.
Knowing how not good nintendo are though, they'll go pastel like skyward sword.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#12 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:23 PM

It would be cool if it was partially top down, but it would be a waste to have the entire game top down.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#13 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:28 PM

Only a couple months until we see it.

#14 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:54 PM

It would be cool if it was partially top down, but it would be a waste to have the entire game top down.

Yeah, I'm with this. While I'm fine with 2D Zeldas continuing to exist, I'm not sure I'd want them to be on consoles anymore. I'd prefer 2D Zeldas to be more of a handheld thing and 3D Zeldas to be more of a console thing.

GameZombie44.png

#15 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:57 PM

But still, occasionally having 2d view on gamepad while 3d view on TV would be cool

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#16 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:58 PM

Knowing how not good nintendo are though, they'll go pastel like skyward sword.

Well, thus far, Nintendo has been bouncing around between cartoony/realistic with their home console games. Wind Waker -> Twilight Princess -> Skyward Sword, etc. I don't really count WWHD as another Zelda step as that's just a graphical overhaul and not really a new game. 

According to diiiiis: http://www.siliconer...alistic-either/

I'd imagine we'll see something that's somewhere like a blend of Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess. Or maybe they'll do it kinda like Professor Layton does it, where everything has a semi-realistic look to it, but character designs aren't exactly human-like? I dunno. We'll just have to wait and see, I guess.

But still, occasionally having 2d view on gamepad while 3d view on TV would be cool

That would be kinda interesting for puzzles in dungeons, actually.

GameZombie44.png

#17 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:29 PM

I'm personally hoping they go for the Skyrim look. That would be so cool. But it would suck at the same time doing something that Unimaginative.

#18 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:22 PM

Why? That game was genric and amazingly ugly all the way around. Could not get more ugly and genric. Zelda should never model itself after that. Be a very sad day in gaming.

I'm personally hoping they go for the Skyrim look.

Edited by Ryudo, 21 March 2014 - 06:23 PM.

#19 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:44 PM

Why? That game was genric and amazingly ugly all the way around. Could not get more ugly and genric. Zelda should never model itself after that. Be a very sad day in gaming.

Like I said, it would be awesome for me. I personally liked the style of Skyrim. And I respect the idea that you don't. It's ok for two people to have different tastes in visual style.

#20 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:57 PM

Well guys here is my take I give sadly.  I hate that Nintendo shows tech demos we get excited about and then change them drastically. I am willing to bet my years salary that Nintendo will not go with the artstyle from the highly liked and accepted 2011 HD zelda demo from E3. I have an associate that was there and "AT THE TIME" he said it was the most beautiful thing he ever saw running on a console in real time... so much he said it looked like CG. Why Nintendo oh why would you go away from this artstyle? I would really want them to push the Wii U as far as it can go. Large open worlds, highly detailed textures, lots of enemies on screen.... the whole shabanga ga bang.  Now this is what I actually expect. It will still probably be the best looking title on Wii U when released, very artistic very colorful, and lighting that WILL RIVAL ANYTHING AVAILABLE ON PS4 AND XB1.  So in all a good looking titles but I dont see it pushing Wii U to its limit from 1st party (they like to play it safe) not sure anything will do that MAYBE whatever Retro next title is. I hope I am wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!