KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 22 March 2014 - 03:49 AM

saw this article on my news feed. It's no pulitzer piece, but it gives you enough info: http://moviepilot.co...external,manual

It seems like a lot of you follow comics, so what do you think about this particular issue and DC vs. Marvel in General?

I personally like DC better in comics, but I think their Movies suck compared to Marvel's.

Also, for your entertainment: https://www.facebook...153942889665300

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#2 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:57 AM

I think Marvel in terms of films and comics is better than DC. Especially in films.

Pre 2000, Marvel barely even existed in the film world apart from some terrible straight to video pictures and Howard the Duck. But since X-Men was released, marvel films have been getting better and better (generally speaking). Obviously there are different studios owning different franchises but they are all doing really well, especially Marvel Studios. It would be so much better if all the rights were owned by Marvel Studios though, that way we wouldn't have unnecessary remakes just to keep the rights to certain franchises.

The Dark Knight trilogy seems to have been a fluke (probably because they had big talent working on it) for DC/WB.

On another note, Fantastic Four looks as though it is going to be pretty bad, the casting is awful.

Edited by Hunter, 22 March 2014 - 06:58 AM.

#3 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:37 AM

I want to see a DC vs Marvel fighting game.

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#4 Kardibask

Kardibask

Ninj

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • NNID:Kardibask
  • Fandom:
    Marvel, DC Comics

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:46 AM

I feel like DC might be doing too much too soon in order to try and catch up to Marvel. As long as they don't focus too much on Batman/Wonderwoman and save those origins for future films then Man of Steel 2 should do fine. I don't know what Marvel is planning, but until I see CA:TWS and A:AOU, I'll reserve my judgement on which sequel will do better.

It would be so much better if all the rights were owned by Marvel Studios though, that way we wouldn't have unnecessary remakes just to keep the rights to certain franchises.

The issue with this is that Marvel Studios might not have the resources to produce movies/television series for all these characters. I think it's fine if other studios have the rights to some of the characters, as long as they share a universe with the MCU while still doing something seperate from the central MCU Avengers storylines.  

e674231265.jpg

#5 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:00 AM

I like the DC obscure comics that are not superhero tales, I think those are the better written ones. Still in terms of the superhero Batman comics always bring something to the table but these new52 bs is really hit or miss. With Marvel I've always liked Spider-Man whose comics are always a fun read as well as Xmens. So in comics I would goose DC because of those non super hero comics but when it comes to super heroes I tend to like Marvel more (hawkeye has been my go to read lately).

When it comes to film well Marvel has been pretty good, the past decade I only liked x2, Spider-Man 2(which till this day it's perfect), Xmen orgins:wolverine(I like dumb action movies),Thor, The Avengers and starting the new decade I liked The Wolverine( everything was perfect till the last act, which is hit or miss).

While DC is awful having only the Bat series(Begins and DarkKnight were the only good ones) to rely on while GL was a mess and Man Of Steel was filled with dumb script writing and bad acting. JHex is an embarrassment and I can't recall many others so yeah lol.

Also when it comes to cartoons DC rules over Marvel simply watch Flashpoint and prepare to be amazed(skip War which is by far the worst DC animated feature ever).

Also Arrow is better than that Avenger spinoff show.

#6 Kardibask

Kardibask

Ninj

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • NNID:Kardibask
  • Fandom:
    Marvel, DC Comics

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:14 PM

(skip War which is by far the worst DC animated feature ever).

Is it really that bad? Superman: Unbound was one of my least favorites.

Edited by Baskardi, 22 March 2014 - 12:15 PM.

e674231265.jpg

#7 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:50 PM

Is it really that bad? Superman: Unbound was one of my least favorites.

It is, everyone is super dumb in the movie except for Batman and Flash but their treated like crap(Batman for sure). It's trying to be funny but it came out bad imo, especially with Wonder Woman which every character is hitting on her. Seriously it's dumb but if you do see it I guarantee you will laugh at how bad it is.

#8 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:56 PM

It is, everyone is super dumb in the movie except for Batman and Flash but their treated like crap(Batman for sure). It's trying to be funny but it came out bad imo, especially with Wonder Woman which every character is hitting on her. Seriously it's dumb but if you do see it I guarantee you will laugh at how bad it is.

Good movie to watch drunkkk.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#9 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:57 PM

I feel like DC might be doing too much too soon in order to try and catch up to Marvel. As long as they don't focus too much on Batman/Wonderwoman and save those origins for future films then Man of Steel 2 should do fine. I don't know what Marvel is planning, but until I see CA:TWS and A:AOU, I'll reserve my judgement on which sequel will do better.

The issue with this is that Marvel Studios might not have the resources to produce movies/television series for all these characters. I think it's fine if other studios have the rights to some of the characters, as long as they share a universe with the MCU while still doing something seperate from the central MCU Avengers storylines.  

That's true. It would be really good if these studios could come to agreements but unfortunately it's all about money so we will probably never see Wolverine in Avengers until the franchise has become unprofitable.

#10 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 22 March 2014 - 03:42 PM

I think Marvel in terms of films and comics is better than DC. Especially in films.

Pre 2000, Marvel barely even existed in the film world apart from some terrible straight to video pictures and Howard the Duck. But since X-Men was released, marvel films have been getting better and better (generally speaking). Obviously there are different studios owning different franchises but they are all doing really well, especially Marvel Studios. It would be so much better if all the rights were owned by Marvel Studios though, that way we wouldn't have unnecessary remakes just to keep the rights to certain franchises.

The Dark Knight trilogy seems to have been a fluke (probably because they had big talent working on it) for DC/WB.

On another note, Fantastic Four looks as though it is going to be pretty bad, the casting is awful.

Fantastic in general is awful. Especially Reed Richards. Dang duck rapist...

The Dark Knight trilogy was like ok. I still await a batman movie that actually shows batman as more than a guy that beats up on thugs with some cool technology. The whole detective part that kind of made him famous starting from the first issue has somehow never managed to make it into the movies :/

I want to see a DC vs Marvel fighting game.

That would e pretty cool. I mean they've worked together in the past before, so why not, right?

I like the DC obscure comics that are not superhero tales, I think those are the better written ones. Still in terms of the superhero Batman comics always bring something to the table but these new52 bs is really hit or miss. With Marvel I've always liked Spider-Man whose comics are always a fun read as well as Xmens. So in comics I would goose DC because of those non super hero comics but when it comes to super heroes I tend to like Marvel more (hawkeye has been my go to read lately).

When it comes to film well Marvel has been pretty good, the past decade I only liked x2, Spider-Man 2(which till this day it's perfect), Xmen orgins:wolverine(I like dumb action movies),Thor, The Avengers and starting the new decade I liked The Wolverine( everything was perfect till the last act, which is hit or miss).

While DC is awful having only the Bat series(Begins and DarkKnight were the only good ones) to rely on while GL was a mess and Man Of Steel was filled with dumb script writing and bad acting. JHex is an embarrassment and I can't recall many others so yeah lol.

Also when it comes to cartoons DC rules over Marvel simply watch Flashpoint and prepare to be amazed(skip War which is by far the worst DC animated feature ever).

Also Arrow is better than that Avenger spinoff show.

Wow your views are really similar to mine. I loved DC pre-new 52, but after the reboot I quit reading comics for like a year. It wasn't even that they reset the origins, it was the way they just changed characters personalities and relationships (for example, see" apicrot Starfire). Post new fiddy 2 i still like DC more, but it's definitely a lot more... meh. Especially Tenn Titans which was always my fave. I also only really like spiderman (specifically ultimate spiderman) and Xmen in marvel (and absolutely hate fantastic 4).

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dc, Marvel, Batman, Superman, Avengers, Try to forget Green Lantern, movie exists

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!