• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:46 AM

EXCLUSIVE: Leaked Image Reveals Details of Assassin’s Creed Comet.
Asssassins-Creed-Assassins-843x320.jpg
Stay Connected. Follow n3rdabl3!             

55d2b4a58ecf977e681c0a0d6c488262-bpthumb
by Aaron Richardson
on March 26, 2014
Twitter - Email

We’ve just received an image from an anonymous, but trusted source, of a currently unreleased press release that highlights details of the second upcoming Assassin’s Creed title, Assassin’s Creed Comet. The image, what looks like a forum post, gives a release date of November 1 as well as the consoles it’ll be released on.

“Ubisoft Looks to the Stars as it unveils Assassin’s Creed Comet” reads the title of the press release which is set to be sent out on March 28. According to the leaked image another Assassin’s Creed title is set to launch around the same time as Assassin’s Creed Unity that was unveiled last week.

“Today,  Ubisoft announced Assassin’s Creed Comet, the next instalment in the company’s best selling franchise. Assassin’s Creed Comet introduces an all new hero and follows the story of 2012′s Assassin’s Creed III, and bring the story of the Kenway Saga to an epic end.” reads the leaked image.

“In development for over two years, the game is being head by one of the leading studios Ubisoft Toronto, under the direction of critically acclaimed series veteran Jade Raymond with support from Ubisoft studios in Annecy, Bucharest, Kiev, Quebeck, Singapore, Solia (?), and Reflections, a Ubisoft Company. Assassin’s Creed Comet will be released on Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system, PlayStation 4 from Sony Computer Entertainment Inc., Nintendo’s Wii U System, Windows PC, and other next generation consoles. The game will be available on Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system, and Nintendo’s Wii U system on 1st November 2014 in the UK.”

The image also reveals information about Assassin’s Creed Comet’s “epic” story.

“Assassin’s Creed Comet tells the story of Eseosa, grandson of Adéwalé from Assassin’s Creed Freedom Cry, who needs to seek the advice and guidance of Connor. Eseosa is an intelligent young man with a naive personality.

“Assassin’s Creed Comet is based upon the proven power of AnvilNext. Assassin’s Creed Comet will make one of the series’ strenghts to date and add new ones to the mix! Not forgetting the series’ acclaimed multiplayer experiense is more varied and ruthless than ever in Assassin’s Creed Comet”

This isn’t the first time we’ve heard of Assassin’s Creed Comet. When Assassin’s Creed Unity was leaked by Kotaku last week, there was mention from their sources of another title “possibly called or code-named Comet,” which Kotaku wrote “will be released on Xbox 360 and PS3. Presumably one or both versions will also be on PC. Sorry, Nintendo fans: I haven’t yet heard anything about Wii U.”

Much like with Watch_Dogs, according to the leaked image, those who purchase Assassin’s Creed Comet on PlayStation 3 or 4 will also be able to download 60 minutes of additional gameplay via The PlayStation Network after the games’ launch.

The image also mentions a collector’s edition, but the press release gets cut off at that point.

Of course, like with most leaks and rumours take this with a pinch of salt, though we have no reason to believe our source has sent us false information, Ubisoft could in fact change details when or if they finally announce the news, which according to this image is March 28 – this Friday.

What are your thoughts on Assassin’s Creed Comet?  Leave a comment below.

Update: We reached out to Ubisoft for a comment, as you might have expected we received the following statement from a Ubisoft representative: “I cannot comment on rumour and speculation.”

Assassins-Creed-Comet-Leak-2.jpg

#2 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:09 AM

Meh if it's true I may buy it. I enjoyed ACIV but apparently that is quite different to other AC games.

What I really want to hear news about is Ubisoft's pirate game they're (most likely) working on.

Edited by Hunter, 26 March 2014 - 09:10 AM.

#3 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:31 AM

I want to know why it's called Comet! Hopefully Neil DeGrasse Tyson will be featured! :-p

#4 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:32 AM

20% more included!

Cometcleanser.jpg

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#5 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:43 AM

I want to know why it's called Comet! Hopefully Neil DeGrasse Tyson will be featured! :-p

Close enough

ib2x0l1p9g7d8Z.gif

#6 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:49 AM

I feel sorry for Ubisoft on this one. I did not buy 4 and will not buy this one. For me it personal as I just don't like the games. I would rather them bring a farcry or the new racing game they have than keep shoving 360 ports of assassin creed games down our throats. This game is not going to sell well. I guess at least they are trying if this does come on WiiU I just wonder what their expectations are for this game. 

#7 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:52 AM

I'm all in!

#8 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:11 AM

Well this is a surprise it's actually coming to Wii U. :l

(If the rumor is true) 

#9 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:34 AM

What will  the  setting be? Revolutionary America again? If so, no buy. I also didn't buy Revelations and Brotherhood.

I want  Unity for  Wii U. The French revolution is pretty interesting.

No sig.

#10 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:21 PM

Its on my list now

#11 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:07 PM

Might be interesting....

#12 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:25 PM

Quick Question: Who is Nikolai and why doesn't he have more bearskin in his outfit?

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#13 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:46 PM

What will  the  setting be? Revolutionary America again? If so, no buy. I also didn't buy Revelations and Brotherhood.

I want  Unity for  Wii U. The French revolution is pretty interesting.

The French Revolution is a very interesting era for Assassin's Creed.

I hope this new one is not revolutionary America again. Although it is apparently a sequel to Assassin's Creed III, hopefully it should be better fun.

And hopefully much, much less edgy.

Bring the noise.

#14 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:13 PM

Yeah, I never bought an ac before 4 and its highly likely i will never buy another one again. Without the entire seperate naval aspect the ship side of the game brought, the assassins creed derivitive cpu controlled gameplay is just too repetitive mind numbing and boring.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#15 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:28 PM

I strongly urge anyone who has not to play ACII. Only game in the series really worth a damn. I liked ACIV for pirates but man ACII nailed the story and character with Ezio. I don't care about Revelations or Brotherhood just ACII. They also dumbed down the climbing since 3 and the AI since III for some reason.

#16 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:36 PM

Yeah, I never bought an ac before 4 and its highly likely i will never buy another one again. Without the entire seperate naval aspect the ship side of the game brought, the assassins creed derivitive cpu controlled gameplay is just too repetitive mind numbing and boring.

I have never agreed with you more. I just find the gaming boring, repetitive, and it takes too much story to get into the core gameplay. I would rather them give us another Ubi game than this its going to sell like crap and be a 360 port and they will say look we tried... why not give us the crew instead?

#17 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:27 AM

The French Revolution is a very interesting era for Assassin's Creed.

I hope this new one is not revolutionary America again. Although it is apparently a sequel to Assassin's Creed III, hopefully it should be better fun.

And hopefully much, much less edgy.

I loved III's setting but it's also been done in Liberation, which makes it overdone imo.  They've also overdone Italy.

There are so. Freaking. Much. Interesting settings and era's for the series, they shouldn't stick  to the same. Why not make a game in London, during the industrial  revolution? Or a game in Russia?

No sig.

#18 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:01 AM

I loved III's setting but it's also been done in Liberation, which makes it overdone imo.  They've also overdone Italy.

There are so. Freaking. Much. Interesting settings and era's for the series, they shouldn't stick  to the same. Why not make a game in London, during the industrial  revolution? Or a game in Russia?

Looked at the wiki. Nikolai is a Russian assassin from the late 1800's to the 1920's in a few comic book releases. Could make for an interesting game, with WWI in the background.

I'm not good with my modern history, but is the French Revolution in line with the Industrial revolution. Are they even able to retcon some weird Jack the Ripper into Unity. That would be cool, I guess. But as I said, no expert on modern history, just bits and pieces of ancient.

I reckon they should just make an entry that goes back straight to the beginning. Anyone who played ACII and viewed the Garden of Eden movie knows that according to the game, Adam and Eve quite possibly lived in a tech age. If that's the case, they could show the fall of an empire and why pieces of eden exist in various parts of the world.

Other than that, Japan has always been a place people wanted in the series. Sengoku warring states era would be.... you know what, just let us play Masamune Date and call it a day.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#19 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:29 AM

The best thing about III was its setting. Everything else kinda let it down.

Bring the noise.

#20 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:10 PM

Assassin's Creed Comet has you playing as a Templar
authorpoint.gif4 hours ago - 2:15 PM on 03.27.2014

272536-header.jpg

Assassin's Creed Unity for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4, and now seemingly Assassin's Creed Comet for at least the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

It's apparently going to see you playing as a Templar with the story set to take place in 1758.

This will also be a continuation of the nautical theme from Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, as this will be set along the Atlantic Ocean. Comet will also see the return of some past characters, such as Adewale and Haytham Kenway.

Edited by Ryudo, 27 March 2014 - 04:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!