• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:26 PM

So, because chat will not be around for the forseeable future (and because E3 is coming up), I decided I might ask you guys if you would want an "official" IRC.

If you don't know what an irc is, it is a sort of chat, you can run it either in-browser (with a program) or with a program like mIRC (for windows) or Colloquy(mac).  If you run linux, you should already know what an IRC is.

I already registered a room, I am just curious if any users here would be interested and know how to actually access the client by themselves (I'm not sure if I would type up a guide).  Users who are the most knowledgeable about IRCS (and trustworthy enough) would be given op permissions.

The rules for the IRC would be a little more lax, like when it comes to language, but other aspects like spam or discussion of illegal activity would result in a kick or ban.

My main questions would be if there should be a password or application system, or if I can trust you all enough not to screw this up.

If any of you are curious and want to connect now, the current room is #wuf-forums at irc.rizon.net

#2 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:34 PM

I'd try it. Might be interesting.

#3 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:42 PM

One idea would also be to leave it in moderated mode and give users a voice if they ask in a specific topic.  But that's only if a problem will come up, so for now the channel will stay open and I will be open to suggestions.

I could also maybe ask feldo to connect a mibbit to this site.

#4 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:43 PM

irc rocks. Oldest chat there is but the most solid.

I used to use irc all the time for years back in the day. For the younger folk it doesn't look fancy but it never goes down.

#5 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:48 PM

Yes, please. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#6 Chaotix

Chaotix

Team Nerd

• Section Mods
  • 728 posts
  • NNID:Chaot1x
  • Fandom:

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:04 PM

Checking out the IRC.

So far pretty good.

eEG8Ies.png

#7 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 31 May 2014 - 03:20 PM

do you use rizon a lot?

http://www.rizon.net/chat

Given the maturity level of some users here, turning on +R for the channel might be best, that makes it so you need to have a registered nick to talk/join
That'll stop zinix from changing names and pretending to be other people all the time, like hari.

Also, https://qchat.rizon....nels=wuf-forums brings you to the chat after you pick a name

Edited by Nollog, 31 May 2014 - 03:25 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#8 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 03:34 PM

rizon is the host I am most familiar with.

I was thinking of setting up the irc in either a moderated mode and give users access to voice or just sticking with +r.  I just might need to type up a tutorial on how to register nicks for the users who haven't used ircs though.

#9 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 31 May 2014 - 03:57 PM

I guess I'd be willing to give it a try.

If you go through with it, it would be cool if you added a chat link that redirects to something like this thread, but explaining the full issue, how to download. That way more people would use it, and you would get less requests to bring chat back since the state of the issue would be more common knowledge.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#10 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 04:10 PM

I guess I'd be willing to give it a try.

If you go through with it, it would be cool if you added a chat link that redirects to something like this thread, but explaining the full issue, how to download. That way more people would use it, and you would get less requests to bring chat back since the state of the issue would be more common knowledge.

I'm planning on writing or setting something like that up (or linking to a guide), I just don't know how much I want to explain.

There's also the option of trying to integrate mibbit into IPB if I can convince feldo.

#11 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 31 May 2014 - 04:32 PM

Sounds awesome... I hate not having anyone to talk to when I am excited for a new game coming up because no one really cares about Nintendo here or owns a Wii U...

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#12 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 04:32 PM

The easiest way to get in is through this site http://www.rizon.net/chat

#13 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 04:38 PM

The chat is now in +R mode, the command to register your nickname is: /nickserv register <password> <email>

If you literally type "password", you probably shouldn't use any chat system.

Any suggestions if there should be any rules, or just common stuff like no spamming?

#14 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 31 May 2014 - 04:39 PM

https://qchat.rizon....HJ1ZSY5PTMyMAa2

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#15 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 31 May 2014 - 04:47 PM

Chat already down?

#16 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:00 PM

Not working for me anymore, lol

#17 Chaotix

Chaotix

Team Nerd

• Section Mods
  • 728 posts
  • NNID:Chaot1x
  • Fandom:

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:19 PM

The irc chat is working now.

eEG8Ies.png

#18 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:44 PM

Chat already down?

Not working for me anymore, lol

Did you guys register your nicknames?

#19 DANT3

DANT3

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:54 PM

I keep trying to register my name, and it seems to think that my email addresses aren't real... Any idea on how to get past that?

#20 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:02 PM

Not sure.  You could try this guide https://forum.rizon....ter-my-Nickname

I'm sorry if the carrots in my previous post messed anyone up, I accidently put them around register.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!