Photo

What on earth could Nintendo should do at E3 to win back developers?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 29 March 2014 - 04:55 PM

We know of Zelda and Smash. Probably get X, Yarn Yoshi, and Bayonetta 2 trailers too. What could Nintendo do though to will back the hardcore audience? The dudebro games? A Conduit 3 working with Sega? Metroid Prime 4? Project H.A.M.M.E.R remastered? Goldeneye or Perfect Dark HD remakes? 

Edited by Zinix, 29 March 2014 - 04:55 PM.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 29 March 2014 - 05:06 PM

That will take years. Probably not gonna happen during Wii U's lifespan.

To get more developers, Nintendo needs two things: A bigger install base, and to have a system with similar power and online infrastructure/features as Sony and Microsoft. Not one or the other; they both are musts.

And yes, Dude Bros. are definitely part of increasing the install base. It seems to me Nintendo needs to make their home console THE go to machine for multiplayer gaming. Lots of gamers play what's cool... with their friends. It's just a huge part of the video game audience nowadays.

Edited by Fig, 29 March 2014 - 05:09 PM.

#3 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 05:07 PM

Announce that they are buying Sony and Microsoft, and that they are open sourcing Windows.

^_~ I'm kidding. But I know they can't re do Perfect Dark. It's owned by Microsoft. :'(
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#4 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 29 March 2014 - 05:27 PM

POPULAR

That will take years. Probably not gonna happen during Wii U's lifespan.

To get more developers, Nintendo needs two things: A bigger install base, and to have a system with similar power and online infrastructure/features as Sony and Microsoft. Not one or the other; they both are musts.

And yes, Dude Bros. are definitely part of increasing the install base. It seems to me Nintendo needs to make their home console THE go to machine for multiplayer gaming. Lots of gamers play what's cool... with their friends. It's just a huge part of the video game audience nowadays.

Nintendo does not need to cater to Dude Bros™ nor do I want them to.  They've sold 6 million consoles and can sell more by making their own great games.  There are other consoles for the Dude Bros™ and there's no point in having 3 more or less identical options.   

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#5 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 29 March 2014 - 05:55 PM

show up

wa3Nq7j.png

#6 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:11 PM

Probably looks something like this...

counting-money-gif.gif

tumblr_mo1rcrHTes1qlitzvo1_500.gif

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#7 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:35 PM

Probably looks something like this...

counting-money-gif.gif

tumblr_mo1rcrHTes1qlitzvo1_500.gif

This. This has been going on so long like "Hey EA, make us a game." That its pretty much impossible for Nintendo unless they start shelling out. 

Developers hardly had a issue with the PS3/360 once they learned it, and now theres the Wii U (Like 3-5x of last gen) and its "not powerful enough". Sure a little bit more of ram or whatever could've helped, but really. 

I've tried showing stuff like X, ZombiU, or just good games in general. Nothing will help the "Oh its on Nintendo" "Nintendo?" "I'm a Xbox guy" responses.

Stupid Snowmads!

#8 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:48 PM

Sell more consoles.

#9 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 29 March 2014 - 07:37 PM

Sell more consoles.

You can't sell consoles when you have nothing. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#10 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 07:43 PM

Honestly I don't know. I'm happy with what i have and what is upcoming, and Nintendo has a balanced budget and so can survive for a long time.

I'll just wait for the upcoming games we know about, and wonder a little about the next console (even though there really is no point in guessing - nobody was able to predict the Wii or the gamepad)

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#11 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 29 March 2014 - 07:54 PM

There's 180+ games coming to Wii U in 2014/or atleast announced.Only 100+ announced for PS4.

You can't sell consoles when you have nothing. 

Stupid Snowmads!

#12 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:11 PM

Nintendo seems to have become the distant cousin of Apple in the gaming world. They do things thier own way and don't give a flying donkey fart what others do. They do what they do and do it well and have a super loyal fanbase. You either like/love Nintendo or detest them. I think it's just fact whenever something goes more mainstream things have to be dumbed down. MS anto some degree Sony are those mass market to the lowest common denominator.

Nintendo will not do that. I think like some niche companies (yes in many ways Nintendo is Niche but so is apple despite being massive and popular but in the space they have a niche marketshare) they have a serious philosphy they believe in over there. While most companies are pure corprate.

MS just wants to dominate your living room and make more billions. Sony does as well. Nintendo wants to make money but create very unique experiences in thier product. They have more pride than money...and they have a lot of money as well. Nintendo like Apple will always do what they do. They will not become Android or Windows or  Xbox. Not in thier philosophy of doing things. Call it stubborn or whatever but the fact is Nintendo will always have this stigma attached to them because in todays market,gaming is no longer niche where anyone who played games was really a gamer and heavy into it. Now it's more casual like how most people think of a film or song on the radio. Just to kill time between things.

#13 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:35 PM

Hype, it is the single most valueable aspect in selling a consule this generation. Developers follow the hype. 

Want proof, PS4 is leading so far off of hype ALONE. both wiiU and xbox1 have better games, and more games. Neather are at risk of going out of business. (microsoft would sell off the xbox1 but there isnt any sign of complete abandonment.) Power is just enough to compete with laptops, and soon outdone by tablets. 

#14 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:35 PM

There's 180+ games coming to Wii U in 2014/or atleast announced.Only 100+ announced for PS4.

Quality=/Quantity. 

#15 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:38 PM

This is such a chicken and egg scenario. On the one hand developers 'claim' that their games 'don't sell' on Nintendo consoles yet they refuse to put out a decent effort on their part. They sabotage themselves on Nintendo systems and gamers see this so they don't touch anything third party on Nintendo systems.

The way I see it, there's really not much Nintendo can do to 'win back' devs if the devs don't want to seriously support Nintendo in the first place. At this point it makes very little sense for Nintendo to listen to developers who won't support their systems anyways. It's not all on Nintendo, the third parties have to show some initiative and commitment as well.

pNgecl.gif

#16 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:54 AM

Buy the developers.

There is nothing Nintendo can really do, any game is going to take a year at least to be made, even ports take time & seeing as the WiiU cannot do what the PS4/X1 can do graphically & physically, the only viable ports are from the PS3/X360 versions, but then it's not worth investing the time & money on WiiU ports because of the low userbase.

The only real thing i can think of is to cut the price of the WiiU & i'm talking in the range of RRP of $200/€200/£100 for the 32GB version to try & get the system selling because the games alone are not doing it.

#17 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:21 AM

Just a dumb thread.

#18 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:45 AM

Nintendo does not need to cater to Dude Bros™ nor do I want them to. They've sold 6 million consoles and can sell more by making their own great games. There are other consoles for the Dude Bros™ and there's no point in having 3 more or less identical options.

The question was how Nintendo can gain more support. I suggested that part of the solution is increasing the install base. A large part of the gaming market is dude bros. Making a system that is capable of appealing to dude bros doesn't mean they have to abandon their current fans. They don't have to make dude bro games. They just have to make a system with competitive graphics and online capabilities. It's the only way to truly gain more third party support with the market's current demands.

#19 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:44 AM

The question was how Nintendo can gain more support. I suggested that part of the solution is increasing the install base. A large part of the gaming market is dude bros. Making a system that is capable of appealing to dude bros doesn't mean they have to abandon their current fans. They don't have to make dude bro games. They just have to make a system with competitive graphics and online capabilities. It's the only way to truly gain more third party support with the market's current demands.

Someone FINALLY gets it.

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#20 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:06 AM

Koopaman the Krusher, on 30 Mar 2014 - 08:59 AM, said:
Someone FINALLY gets it.

Yeah, thats why the gamecube and n64 kept gaining 3rd party support instead of consistantly losing it!!!

Oh... wait... No, no thats the exact opposite of what happened.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!