Photo

PS4 sales reach 7 million units sold, outsells the Xbone in Europe.

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:20 AM

gsmarena_001.jpg

Sony’s sales don’t look like they will slow down any time soon. 24 hours after its announcement, Sony’s gaming console sold 1 million units.

After that, the numbers just continued to add up over the months.

In comparison, the PS4 arch rival, the Xbox One, is believed to have sold just 3 million units since its launch though that’s unconfirmed data at the moment. In PAL markets, Europe especially, the PS4 outsold the One at a ratio of 7:1 last week. By analytics’ estimations PS4 sales in PAL regions for the week were around 180,000 units, while the Xbox One managed to sell just 25,000 units in the same markets.

http://blog.gsmarena...y-71-in-europe/

Goodness this thing is simply stomping.  It'll definitely win the sales this gen.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:57 AM

Man core gamers are speaking loud and clear what matters to them... 

#3 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:10 AM

Goodness this thing is simply stomping.  It'll definitely win the sales this gen.

It's pretty early yet.
In abut 3 years the people who bought a p4 will be expecting games rather than hype, so we'll see what they can actually deliver to consumers.
e3 might be a decent indication, but then sony do have a habit of announcing things 4 years too early.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#4 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:28 AM

How many units has the Wii U sold? 6m?

No sig.

#5 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:40 AM

Stomping in the red

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#6 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:45 AM

This just screams similarity to 6th gen. Sony winning overall sales but the only difference being they now have the most powerful console too.

2nd place looks interesting.

#7 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:42 AM

But is it enough to unscrew sony?

#8 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:18 AM

But is it enough to unscrew sony?

Sony is way too big and in too many areas for the ps4 to "unscrew" them. They need to look at what Samsung is doing with Electronics for starters. Stop trying to sell product with only your name. Actually MAKE A GOOD PRODUCT for a decent price.

We'll see. If Sony delivers on their promise of games, they'll be fine. It could very well be another 6th gen situation. I just want good video games. I don't care who gives them to me.

#9 KingBoo

KingBoo

Walka

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • NNID:Kingofboos
  • Fandom:
    Mentos, bunnies, and anything Nintendo.

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:40 AM

can you say overrated console?

bb0.gif

#10 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:41 AM

can you say overrated console?

iwata.gif.gif

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#11 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:10 PM

Man core gamers are speaking loud and clear what matters to them... 

No such thing. BS term from last gen.

#12 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:45 PM

No such thing. BS term from last gen.

Is "SOCCER MOM" a made up term also. Because I can guarantee you that th 7 million people that have brought the ps4 so far is not soccer mom's or families. It core gamers. The one that visit the web sites, probably singles with the time and money to splurge on a console and get hyped that it's the most powerful console this gen. 

#13 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:45 PM

3rd party games matter? They seem to be buying the system based on ps4 having the better end of 3rd party support and some exclusives and more to come this year. Again games that haven't come out yet are selling the System it's weird but true.

#14 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:47 PM

Holy mackerel, 7:1 ratio?! That is wild news

#15 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:51 PM

This just screams similarity to 6th gen. Sony winning overall sales but the only difference being they now have the most powerful console too.

2nd place looks interesting.

Hardly. You make it sound like the PS4 is significantly more powerful then the Xbox One when that's obviously not true. The difference is minimal. As for the PS4 being ahead that's no guarantee it will win the console wars this generation. The Xbox 360 was way ahead of the PS3 for a long time during the last generation but then the PS3 came back very strong. The same could happen this generation. Its not about the power of the consoles but about the games. As far as the games are concerned its still early days.

3rd party games matter? They seem to be buying the system based on ps4 having the better end of 3rd party support and some exclusives and more to come this year. Again games that haven't come out yet are selling the System it's weird but true.

I disagree that the PS4 has the better third party support. I would say its pretty even at the moment between the two.

#16 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:11 PM

Is "SOCCER MOM" a made up term also. Because I can guarantee you that th 7 million people that have brought the ps4 so far is not soccer mom's or families. It core gamers. The one that visit the web sites, probably singles with the time and money to splurge on a console and get hyped that it's the most powerful console this gen. 

No such thing as CORE gamers. Soccer Moms have a term because they pick up thier kids from freaking soccer or other sports but is pretty specific. Core is a loose subjective BS term to describe anyone who buys hyped AAA M rated games to some. And in Nintendo's mind it's anyone who buys Mario kart. Yet to people Mario kart is casual. No one knows WTF Core Gamers is. Every company has a different use for it. It's also used as a pretentious term as saying those who play a certain type of game are above those who play another certain type of game. Well if we go that route I have 400 games so I am more core than someone with 399 or someone who only plays current gen systems. Well that's BS. Just means one is a collector and one is not and others have far more games and des not make them any more core. Just more resources or time.

Core is the gaming verion of the term Organic in marketing. Legally Organic can be put on a computer or car because it uses natual matierials such as metal. All it takes. Core is even more loose than that. It can be slapped on whatever a company deems fit.

Either you are a gamer or you are not. Some play more,have more,different tastes. Just because I prefer Dragon's Crown to Uncharted does not make me more Core or vice versa. Also in case you bring it up Dude bros is not a marketing term but a derogatory term used to slander a stereotype. Major fifference there as well.

Also it sound slike you are saying a sucker (after all a sucker norn every minute) is a CORE gamer..then WTF so much dumb in that it's mind boggling. Also you make impression you made  the assumption all 7 million of those are suckers. Really?!

#17 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:35 PM

I disagree that the PS4 has the better third party support. I would say its pretty even at the moment between the two.[/quote]

I don't think the two systems(ps4/x1) differ in terms of the 3rd party games they have but I've read and seen several games on ps4 run better on it then on X1. It's essentially the definitive version of said game.

#18 KingBoo

KingBoo

Walka

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • NNID:Kingofboos
  • Fandom:
    Mentos, bunnies, and anything Nintendo.

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:57 PM

*at walmart*

*sees a 6 year old buying a PS4 with his mom with knack*

but honestly, of 7 million people......not one is some kid and are all "core gamers"? come on now. 

Edited by Grandpa Sherm, 31 March 2014 - 01:57 PM.

bb0.gif

#19 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:26 PM

*at walmart*

*sees a 6 year old buying a PS4 with his mom with knack*

but honestly, of 7 million people......not one is some kid and are all "core gamers"? come on now. 

We I didn't expect some one to think I meant not "1" mom brought the ps4. What I meant is I can guarantee they don't represent a large majority of the owners. I consider core gamers as the ones that keep up with gaming E3's, websites, forums, and ones willing to buy a console off of hype and tech. Let's face it those are the ps4 owners. That's just "MY OPINION"

#20 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:27 PM

It's pretty early yet.
In abut 3 years the people who bought a p4 will be expecting games rather than hype, so we'll see what they can actually deliver to consumers.
e3 might be a decent indication, but then sony do have a habit of announcing things 4 years too early.

*cough* LAST GAURDIAN *cough*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!