• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:59 AM

Looks fun, but once again devs unhappy with Microsoft.

“We’re self-publishing. With Sony that’s a breeze. With Steam it’s a breeze. With Microsoft it’s not a breeze. With Nintendo, something’s going to happen there shortly” said Lanning.

http://uk.ign.com/ar...-wii-u-audience

#2 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:14 AM

Never played this series before. I'll almost certainly get this Day One or soon thereafter because the series seems cool and I want to support devs who think outside the box with their business model.

Edited by kokirii, 01 April 2014 - 08:15 AM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#3 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:12 AM

April fooooooooooooooooools

Edited by Abcdude, 01 April 2014 - 10:12 AM.

794144.png?13383682

#4 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:53 PM

I thought this was confirmed to come? Heck its even on their website. I like how Microsoft is touting their new indie division, and people are still going "You suck!".

Stupid Snowmads!

#5 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:01 PM

Oddworld creator discusses why he’s not dumping Wii U

The Oddworld series of games have always been favorites on PlayStation, but with the upcoming Oddworld: New n’ Tasty, creator Lorne Lanning explains why he’s also targetting Wii U. The creator says he has the same attitude about the Wii U that he has about the Vita when it launched, despite the PS Vita not having much attention from publishers. Because Lanning’s game is being self-published, he doesn’t have to worry about appealing to a third-party in order to bring his game to multiple platforms. That extra attention to detail paid of for Lanning and his team, as he told VentureBeat:

“We did Stranger HD on Vita, and the publishers were kind of snubbing Vita at the time, because there wasn’t enough installed base to move their dial. We said, yeah, but that small base is pretty passionate. They invested and they want good experiences that are designed to maximize that control scheme. Why don’t we spend a little more time and attention – because we’re small and we can – and a result we took number two in the US and number one in Europe that Christmas on Vita.”

In regards to the Wii U, Lanning is taking the same approach to it as he had with Vita, which led his game to succeed on that platform.

“So far we’ve had zero on Nintendo. We’ve had zero brand visibility on Nintendo since day one. We never built for Nintendo. Today, we’re looking at it and we say, ‘We’ll get over to Wii U.’ As a business model it might not completely make sense, but we want to get to work on Nintendo, get to self-publishing on Nintendo. Everything’s a new store. Everything’s more shelf space. We’re trying to get the brand across that as widely as possible.”

This is the attitude that more third-party publishers should have when it comes to getting their games on a Nintendo platform. It’s nice to see Lanning is willing to bet that Wii U owners will be interested in his game. Will you be picking up New n’ Tasty when it arrives on the Wii U eShop?

#6 Ninty64X

Ninty64X

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Fandom:
    MST3K, Animation, Metal Gear, OddWorld

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:42 PM

Never played this series before. I'll almost certainly get this Day One or soon thereafter because the series seems cool and I want to support devs who think outside the box with their business model.

Never played? You are missing out on the of the most enjoyable and interesting game series ever! Definitely pick this one up, I'm sure you'll really like it!

On the hunt for her dad's killer, she learns she needs to step up her game. It's time to unleash some superpowers. - Netflix's amazing Kill La Kill description

#7 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:00 PM

I thought this was confirmed to come? Heck its even on their website. I like how Microsoft is touting their new indie division, and people are still going "You suck!".

Really surprised at that when Nintendo can show X and Bayonetta 2 and people still say the hardware sucks?

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

#8 Dr Wario

Dr Wario

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:16 PM

Oddworld sucked.  It's another overrated Xbox platformer that Microsoft paid lots of money for to compete with Nintendo.

undOZ4c.png

#9 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:34 PM

Never played? You are missing out on the of the most enjoyable and interesting game series ever! Definitely pick this one up, I'm sure you'll really like it!

unfortunately no, I didn't own a PS1 and just never got the Xbox games.

looking forward to it!

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!