• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:26 AM

http://www.gamespot....e/1100-6418736/

large.jpg

"This time with the power of the Wii U we really made an effort to keep that graphic quality high regardless of how many ways we were splitting the TV into," he said.

For his part, Yabuki pointed out that the power of the Wii U allowed Nintendo to create better-looking character animations, to the level and range and of things that "we've never seen before" in the Mario Kart series, he said. But that's only the beginning.

"We've also been able to show movement on the [karts and bikes] that we haven't seen before," he said. "We're seeing bounding, we're seeing different parts of the kart move, we're seeing dirt on the tires, we're seeing skidmarks left on the course--again I think we've done a good job of utilizing that graphical power."

"Using the power of the Wii U, we were able to create a Mario Kart title that feels right, and the controls feel like they're perfect for this game."

Edited by Sorceror12, 03 April 2014 - 05:28 AM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#2 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:46 AM

I just can't get over how shiny and awesome Metal Mario is. I'm probably going to use him just so I can see it more.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#3 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:51 AM

I just can't get over how shiny and awesome Metal Mario is. I'm probably going to use him just so I can see it more.

Yeah he is a cool character. I see myself using him quite a bit. I love how the headlights come on in levels when going into tunnels. Lots of little things, and details that add up to a visual masterpiece .

Edited by Sorceror12, 03 April 2014 - 05:51 AM.

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#4 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:02 AM

The game does look stunning!
If the next Zelda is (it will!) look as good, Wii U is going to fly off shelves!

#5 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:44 AM

Can't wait for this!!

And just think how awesome Zelda U is going to look with all the extra time they'll surely have to polish and perfect it

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#6 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:17 AM

If anyone has any right to talk aboit what they can do on wii u, its these guys.

Never would have ever thought something like this would come from an mk game.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#7 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:18 AM

Anyone else feel when MK8, Super Smash, Bayonetta 2 and new Zelda drops the Wii U will be reborn?

Sales might not take off as much as Nintendo would like but still, I see Wii U selling more than Gamecube despite peoples low expectations.

#8 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:37 AM

In all honesty, Mario Kart 8 is the nicest-looking game I have ever seen. I just can't get over it.

Bring the noise.

#9 SteventheSlayer

SteventheSlayer

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Fandom:
    Old-School Nintendo Fan

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:42 AM

Took long enough.

I don't even...

#10 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:03 PM

The excessive use of bloom doesn't let me see the cool graphics in some of those tracks :'(

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#11 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:50 PM

Anyone else feel when MK8, Super Smash, Bayonetta 2 and new Zelda drops the Wii U will be reborn?

Sales might not take off as much as Nintendo would like but still, I see Wii U selling more than Gamecube despite peoples low expectations.

While I agree with you, I really can't get over the fact that they haven't included cross-game chat yet. I've played my 360 for many hours with my friends online and I realized that I can't get the same experience playing the games I'd prefer to play.

#12 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:36 PM

YPRiDAN.png

Tire marks stay on the track even after 2, 3 laps etc... great details like this make it even more exciting to race in the sand, snow, ice and asphalt.

Edited by Sorceror12, 03 April 2014 - 01:36 PM.

#13 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:38 PM

The excessive use of bloom doesn't let me see the cool graphics in some of those tracks :'(

I think it's safe to say there's a reason for that.

#14 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:24 PM

It would cool to see a direct comparison of a course that appeared in MK Wii that's now in MK 8, just to see how far they've come in a gnereation.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#15 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:33 PM

It would cool to see a direct comparison of a course that appeared in MK Wii that's now in MK 8, just to see how far they've come in a gnereation.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#16 Merky Water

Merky Water

Motion Shooter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Contra, Mario Kart

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:36 PM

While I agree with you, I really can't get over the fact that they haven't included cross-game chat yet. I've played my 360 for many hours with my friends online and I realized that I can't get the same experience playing the games I'd prefer to play.

Vent, Teamspeak or Raidcall my friend.  Or, Skype if you're really hard up, on the cheap, and it's resource-hog-nature's not an issue.

Edited by Merky Water, 03 April 2014 - 02:42 PM.

Merky-Banner_zpsfd81fed3.png

#17 dark_rabbid

dark_rabbid

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, tales, and online games.

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:43 PM

Also read there gonna allow small vid clips to share on miiverse for this game. Belive it's on one of ign's new articals

#18 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:03 AM

Also read there gonna allow small vid clips to share on miiverse for this game. Belive it's on one of ign's new articals

Mario Kart Tvii

#19 Falco

Falco

Spiny

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:13 AM

Even with that pic most gamers are still calling the wiiu a weak system

#20 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:29 AM

I'm sure screenshots and video don't really do the game justice, it looks pretty in them but I know it'll look gorgeous.

I have to admit though that cloud level (cloudtop kingdom?) looks absolutely amazing, can't wait for may 30th!! 

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!