• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#41 ZyroXZ2

ZyroXZ2

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:16 PM

As I mentioned in another forum, while Mario Kart 8 has visible polygon edges, it proves on a technical level that the Wii U is capable of doing what the PS4/XBox1 can do, but just not at the same power level, such as 1080p, and with insanely high res textures, or with massively geometrically filled expanses.

Essentially, Mario Kart 8 proves that the gap between the Wii U and PS4/XBox1 is not that huge, and that this is not the Wii and PS3/XBox360 situation all over again.

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!

Sig_Banner.jpg

www.youtube.com/zyroxz2

Enjoy!  :laugh:

#42 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:57 PM

As I mentioned in another forum, while Mario Kart 8 has visible polygon edges, it proves on a technical level that the Wii U is capable of doing what the PS4/XBox1 can do, but just not at the same power level, such as 1080p, and with insanely high res textures, or with massively geometrically filled expanses.

Essentially, Mario Kart 8 proves that the gap between the Wii U and PS4/XBox1 is not that huge, and that this is not the Wii and PS3/XBox360 situation all over again.

That should be obvious to anyone with common sense who isn't a troll/hater. The Wii was an SD console compared to two HD consoles.

pNgecl.gif

#43 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:12 PM

Yeah but many people esp on some big name forums like to think it can barely out do PS3/360. Many think just because it's stylized it's not technically demanding. It's really dumb but many people are that dumb or choose to be.  Might be a crude comparison and not 100% accurate this this gen is maybe closer to PS2 vs GCN vs Xbox..or Maybe closer to Dreamcast vs GCN and Xbox. Still the point as mentioned many times. The gap is much smaller than many want to believe.

#44 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:41 PM

Nostalgia still makes me prefer the SNES version tho.

In fact I would love it if they as a unlock able if you could unlock the character sprites from the SNES version and use them to race on classic cup. be weird but maybe awesome.

Actually, that's a pretty cool idea.

Like if older versions were available as DLC or on the virtual console.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#45 Merky Water

Merky Water

Motion Shooter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Contra, Mario Kart

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:32 PM

Actually, that's a pretty cool idea.

Like if older versions were available as DLC or on the virtual console.

Super Mario Kart's supposed to be hitting virtual console soon I believe.  I know AU already got it.  pretty sure EU as well

Merky-Banner_zpsfd81fed3.png

#46 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:14 AM

Nostalgia still makes me prefer the SNES version tho.

In fact I would love it if they as a unlock able if you could unlock the character sprites from the SNES version and use them to race on classic cup. be weird but maybe awesome.

Well, the VC snes mk is 7 euro, which will be subtracted when you buy MK8. So essentially its free. Enjoy that!

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#47 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:20 AM

I have it on SNES thanks.

Just saying in MK8 is you could play as sprites. Be a weird but fun thing.

#48 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:11 AM

I have it on SNES thanks.

Just saying in MK8 is you could play as sprites. Be a weird but fun thing.

Maybe just weird ;)

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#49 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:59 PM

OH MY

mario2.gif

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#50 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 01:14 PM

I am so glad they brought back coins last couple versions from the SNES game. Wonder if the feather will make a return.Only if ever in a new game is a power up that let's you hop over projectiles. One time use.

#51 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 06 April 2014 - 02:58 PM

OH MY

mario2.gif

Every time I see a clip I sound like I'm having an orgasm...

"Unh. So good. Can't wait, give it to me now please. Uhhh."

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#52 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:59 PM

iKQ1PPpVomoQI.jpg

A gafer made this wallpaper.

iu1R1umverCVJ.gif

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#53 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 03:21 PM

I love how planted the Karts look on the track, just looks so grippy and I can tell it will handle like a dream.

Some racing games look like they are floating above the surface but this doesn't, just another reason I'm glad I bought Wii U. :)

#54 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 03:36 PM

You know, it's true that there are a few areas where you can make out the polygons, but in the vast majority of the game, you can't.

It's pushing some serious geometry.

I had hoped this gen would eliminate individual polygon sightings, but no console has shown that yet.

Killzone and second son both have many areas that are lower geometry. And ryse does as well.

Even the new arkham screens showcase that to some degree.

But I'm impressed by mk8 graphical fidelity. Theory counts, the texture resolution, the sharpness and "clean/bright/clear look, the lighting, etc. and this is a fast moving game with a lot going on.

I'm nearly salivating over the thought of this kind of effort put into a slower moving metroid or Zelda.

Wow.

The wii u may see something of a major comeback with games like this - so long as they advertise appropriately.

#55 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:43 PM

You know, it's true that there are a few areas where you can make out the polygons, but in the vast majority of the game, you can't.

It's pushing some serious geometry.

I had hoped this gen would eliminate individual polygon sightings, but no console has shown that yet.

Killzone and second son both have many areas that are lower geometry. And ryse does as well.

Even the new arkham screens showcase that to some degree.

But I'm impressed by mk8 graphical fidelity. Theory counts, the texture resolution, the sharpness and "clean/bright/clear look, the lighting, etc. and this is a fast moving game with a lot going on.

I'm nearly salivating over the thought of this kind of effort put into a slower moving metroid or Zelda.

Wow.

The wii u may see something of a major comeback with games like this - so long as they advertise appropriately.

hiding geometry gets alot harder with higher resolution. alot of it also comes with paying people enough to put that much detail into the game, or getting people willing enough.

i hope nintendo is smart enough to advertise the livving ass off this game in may.

#56 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:42 PM

hiding geometry gets alot harder with higher resolution. alot of it also comes with paying people enough to put that much detail into the game, or getting people willing enough.

i hope nintendo is smart enough to advertise the livving ass off this game in may.

No doubt. It's why mk8 is all the more impressive, visually.

#57 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:11 PM

Some more new vids with stuff I didn't know.

#58 ZyroXZ2

ZyroXZ2

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:21 PM

I think I'm getting a little TOO excited for this game... I want to eat bananas, buy turtles, and do some go-karting...  :laugh:

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!

Sig_Banner.jpg

www.youtube.com/zyroxz2

Enjoy!  :laugh:

#59 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:47 PM

I think I'm getting a little TOO excited for this game... I want to eat bananas, buy turtles, and do some go-karting...  :laugh:

What about attacking people with boomerangs?

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#60 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:31 AM

37 days guys! 37 days until MK 8 comes out!

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!