Photo

Are you getting Smash Bros for the 3DS or Wii U?

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#21 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:31 PM

Insert stale "why not both" meme here69293d206d09232b86b38a916141ab92e7a0715a

Can do. 

I was only going to get the Wii U version but I don't know if I can wait that long when I can just grab the 3DS version. So yeah, put me down for both as well, most likely. I might be in Japan by the time they come out which could change things.

pNgecl.gif

#22 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:38 PM

I'll get the Wii u version for sure. i'm still thinking about the 3DS version

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#23 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:47 PM

wiiU, i will be back home to give the 3DS some goes though.

#24 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:54 PM

Getting both on day one. Kinda wish the Wii U version came out first, was looking forward to that one more. Also since it's releasing on Wii U later, that's probably gonna negatively affect sales.

#25 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:23 PM

both duh, why wouldnt you get both? unless you dont own one of the consoles

Edited by SPG, 08 April 2014 - 08:26 PM.

wa3Nq7j.png

#26 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:23 PM

I think I will for sure get the 3DS version IF it comes in a 3DS XL bundle that looks awesome. I've been thinking that I'd like a limited edition 3DS for a while, but I already have the games that were bundled with all the systems I like the looks of.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#27 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:37 PM

Aug 26 or 28th :D

That's just my gut.

But I'll get it in the wii u. It's jot really a handheld type of game for me.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#28 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:53 PM

At first I thought they were releasing the same game at the same time. But now it seems like they both are slightly different and are being released at different times. I'm buying both :)

#29 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:28 PM

I've pre ordered them both.

794144.png?13383682

#30 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:58 PM

When it's cheaper

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#31 Chaotix

Chaotix

Team Nerd

• Section Mods
  • 728 posts
  • NNID:Chaot1x
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:24 PM

When it's cheaper

Good luck of that happening considering u ppl pay an arm and a leg for games.

eEG8Ies.png

#32 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:46 PM

Getting both on day one. Kinda wish the Wii U version came out first, was looking forward to that one more. Also since it's releasing on Wii U later, that's probably gonna negatively affect sales.

I agree, Nintendo are being stupid releasing the 3DS version first. Once people play it on 3DS they may say to themselves "what's the point in buying two of the same game?". 

I'll be buying the Wii U version (maybe). Pretty disappointed that it isn't out until winter though, looks like there's another game drought incoming.

Edited by Hunter, 09 April 2014 - 12:07 AM.

#33 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:34 AM

Good luck of that happening considering u ppl pay an arm and a leg for everything.

Get it right.

This is also relevant to Smash Bros.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#34 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:33 AM

I agree, Nintendo are being stupid releasing the 3DS version first. Once people play it on 3DS they may say to themselves "what's the point in buying two of the same game?". 

I'll be buying the Wii U version (maybe). Pretty disappointed that it isn't out until winter though, looks like there's another game drought incoming.

I'll copy paste what I said in the Smash direct thread:

"wasn't too sure about staggered release, but someone on reddit convinced me it;s a good idea. Look at the thread asking what console you're getting smash for and you'll see the most common answer is both, and quite a few people saying before they were only going to get Wii U, but now they'll get 3DS too. This decision shouldn't really effect Wii U sales negatively because how many people who were actually only thinking of buying Wii U are going to suddenly witch to 3DS, the ever so slightly inferior version, just so they can play it early? Especially since the two are very different experiences.

Also, a lot of people will be wanting more content by winter, and hopefully many more will be so in love with the 3DS version they'll just have to have the Wii U version as well.

Ten there's also the fact people are more likely to buy a Wii U smash combo around the holidays because it's more expensive. If they had come out to together, a larger number may have switched over to the cheaper smash 3DS combo, which would hurt WIi U sales. I definitely think this could end up working out better for Nintendo."

Edited by WydrA, 09 April 2014 - 02:35 AM.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#35 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:39 AM

I'll probably get both

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#36 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:36 AM

Both, maybe even separate 3DS copies for me and my brother. Summer's pretty great. Hoping it comes out in August 'cus birthday month.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#37 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:48 AM

I just realized that the L button on my 3DS is broken, so this is actually going to be a mess for me. I sent it in once already, and I don't want to have to do it again.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#38 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:26 AM

I'll be getting both, although I was kinda hoping for the Wii U version first, as that (to me) seems like the real deal.

Bring the noise.

#39 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:24 AM

Now that the 3DS version been confirmed for the Summer, has it influenced your decision?

I'll probably get both & the Wii U version might have an extra character.

I'm getting both. I'm buying a 3DS and a 2DS for my kids. And I'll probably get two games for SSB3DS.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#40 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:14 AM

Insert stale "why not both" meme here

Me. 

I'll be buying both.

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!