#1 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:59 PM

http://www.engadget....amazon-fire-tv/

From the site:

Let's say you've paid your $19 want to see what kind of crazy @$#%! Unreal Engine 4 is capable of. Let's also say you have a shiny new Amazon Fire TV sitting in the living room. With some patience and a little coding, you can totally run Epic's new software toolset on Bezos' $99 set-top box. Over on Gamasutra, a dev has listed step-by-step instructions for getting the engine up and running and, from the looks of it, it didn't him take a lot of extra work. This is likely due to Fire TV's Android-based architecture and the fact that Unreal 4 was basically designed to run on every platform under the sun. As the dev tells it, you can even plug in an Xbox 360 or PS4 controller to explore the demo area. Regardless of if we ever see Unreal-powered games on the streaming box or not, this proves that its gaming capabilities aren't as limited as one might think.

#2 itsdavebaby

itsdavebaby

Blooper

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Fandom:
    Futurama

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:46 AM

So what you are telling me is that there's a chance for the Wii U

#3 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:07 AM

So what you are telling me is that there's a chance for the Wii U

Its already been confirmed ue4 can run on wii u. Epic has also plainly stated they have no intention whatsoever of doing, and supporting, a wii u sku themselves, but anybody who wants to is free to do so.

All this really proves, is Engadget has no idea wtf middlweare gaming engines are. As in they are a drain in resources and potential, paid for the convenience of not having to spend the time/ be competent enough to make a real one yourself, for the platform you are working on, it 'fits' 'any' platform, by removing features until it runs, just like unreal engine, just like unreal 2 just like... pattern?

Any proprietary engine made for a specific platform will blow Ue4 away on that platform, so the idiotic snooty mumblings of 'Oh, now SURELY must be more capable for gaming' is just irritating misinformation, coming from what should be blatantly obvious to ANYONE BY NOW, a thinly disguised pr mouthpeice, as thats all gamz girnalizm is anymore.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#4 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:14 AM

Its already been confirmed ue4 can run on wii u. Epic has also plainly stated they have no intention whatsoever of doing, and supporting, a wii u sku themselves, but anybody who wants to is free to do so.

this is what pisses me off... all these engines confirmed to run on Wii U but noone is doing it. I mean our first Cryengine game is SONIC... SONIC. I just dont see that game showing off what the Wii U can do with that engine. I could be wrong and E3 changes my opinion but its almost like I dont care wen someone says X engine is compatible or Wii U can run it. It doesnt matter if no game is being made for Wii U that uses said engine.

#5 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:31 AM

Anyone remember the Epic Citadel demo using the Unreal Engine on the original ipad and iphone 4?

What games used that engine and looked that good during that period of time... probably a big goose egg. Maybe there were a few games using the engine?

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#6 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:58 AM

GAMER1984, on 10 Apr 2014 - 07:14 AM, said:
this is what pisses me off... all these engines confirmed to run on Wii U but noone is doing it. I mean our first Cryengine game is SONIC... SONIC. I just dont see that game showing off what the Wii U can do with that engine. I could be wrong and E3 changes my opinion but its almost like I dont care wen someone says X engine is compatible or Wii U can run it. It doesnt matter if no game is being made for Wii U that uses said engine.

I see very little reason for anyone to use a middleware engine like ur4, which theyd have to compile and optimize for wiiu hardware themselves, with no support whatsoever from the people who made the middleware, on wii u, when Nintendo is giving away perfectly good Unity 4 licenses, with full support from unity and Nintendo, specifically for using the engine on the wii u.

Way too much buzz has been made about game engines lately, especially middleware engines. Damn things used to be a joke, until they hired marketing teams...

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#7 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:00 AM

Anyone remember the Epic Citadel demo using the Unreal Engine on the original ipad and iphone 4?

What games used that engine and looked that good during that period of time... probably a big goose egg. Maybe there were a few games using the engine?

I know Infinity Blade was the first Unreal Engine have for it, and only the sequels ever followed suit.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!