Photo

Which Link do you think had the roughest adventure?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Poll: Links and their adventures (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Link do you think had it the hardest.

1. The Hero Of Time OOT/MM (4 votes [30.77%])

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

2. The Hero Of Winds WW/PH (1 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

3. The Hero Of Twilight Twilight Princess Link. (6 votes [46.15%])

Percentage of vote: 46.15%

4. The Original Link Zelda/Zelda II the Adventure of Link (1 votes [7.69%])

5. Link From ALTTP (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. Link From Spirit Tracks (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Link From Skyward Sword (0 votes [0.00%])

8. The Oracle Links (0 votes [0.00%])

9. Other, I can't think of anymore sorry... (1 votes [7.69%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Garolymar

Garolymar

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • NNID:Garolymar
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin/ Anything else Nintendo.

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:33 AM

So out of all the different Heroes of times, winds, skies, seas, and whatnot which Link do you think had the hardest time on his adventure up until is speculated death.

My number one Link which I think had it the roughest adventure would Probably be WW/PH Link.
Mainly because both of his adventures take place during his childhood, he's out on the sea on both adventures which is quite harsh, he had to leave his family and island behind and one of his best friends during the course of his first adventure commits suicide in the end to sink his kingdom and bury the past only to have Link and Zelda name the new land New Hyrule. I can't really imagine what's going on in the poor kids head but would have been having a real emotional time if y'know he was real.

My runner up would be OOT/MM Link for similar reasons I'm kinda lazy though so I'm sure you all played the games so yeah.

Also I know I missed a few Links in the poll and I'm not entirely sure if Zelda's Link and Zelda II's Link is the same person but I remember hearing somewhere that they were but if that is incorrect tell me.

Anyways just thought it would be fun to see what you think, if Link was real and had some brains which adventure would be the most grating on his emotional and physical state.

Edited by Garolymar, 02 December 2011 - 07:34 AM.

Posted Image

#2 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:36 AM

I would say th Twilight Pricess link because of... Let me ask you this: you wake up and find that youre a wolf what would you do? Me? I would do this "F************!!!!!" What would you do? But the OoT link is just as bad if not worse!

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#3 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:56 AM

Zelda II... enough said.
Posted Image

#4 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:50 AM

twilight princess has to be the hardest adventure in my opinion. You have the twilight world, turning into a wolf, being forced by a tranformed twilight realm princess to help save relics. sounds like a GREEEEEAT time to me XD

Signature_Fox.png

#5 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:41 PM

It would be the Twilight princess all the way man! I can't imagine... Carring Minda on my back all day would just give me a hurnia!

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#6 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:24 PM

I'd have to say the Hero of Time, version. There is so much implications and darkness in his saga. What makes it so dark is it isn't there unless you look for it.
Link never had a chance to live as a child. He was treated as an outcast because he had no fairy.
Sure, Zelda sends him back to relive his childhood, but as Navi said, his mind matured to an adult, so he never had a chance to live through his childhood. Because he is Hylian, he is different from the Kokiri. He will age, but they don't, so it's not an option to stay where he will be treated as different and as an outcast. His good friend Saria will never return, as she is a sage, even in the other timeline, if she still exists.
Then the Mask events happened. Link was forced to relive the same three days, watching as people died and died again, never saved. He could try to help them, but he would never be able to help all of them, as time constricts him. He is also forced to live as the dead Goron, Deku, and Zora. Any time you become one, you know they died, and Link was responsible for the Deku's and the Zora's death.

Out of all of them, I would have to say that Twilight Princess is the weakest, as the darkness is too forced. It never comes off as a difficulty. If anything, Link just runs back and forth throughout the game.
WW Link journeyed as a child and had his own rough time.
4sword/minish cap/etc seemed to have a rough, but not too rough time.
A link to the past seemed quite difficult.
Zelda 1 and 2 didn't have big stories, so it's hard to say.

#7 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:34 PM

Zelda II: Adventure of Link...

Oh wait, that's just me.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#8 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:54 PM

Hero of time and Twilight Princess.

In OoT/MM he has such a great responsibility, and is trust into this world he doesn't have much knowledge on.

In TP; Link loses a lot of what's dear to him, and gets to see how the world really is....

#9 Fzerowii

Fzerowii

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Fandom:
    F-zero

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:15 AM

TP link cause he's a wolf!

#10 Two-Tailed Link!

Two-Tailed Link!

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic,Mario,Pokemon,Zelda,Kid Icarus

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:13 AM

no one likes to be a wolf
KID ICARUS UPRISING FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#11 Garolymar

Garolymar

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • NNID:Garolymar
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin/ Anything else Nintendo.

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:32 AM

I'm quite surprised Twilight is getting so many vote because he's turned into a wolf. You guys remember Link has been cursed with far less forgiving forms then a wolf that can devour enemies right? In A link to the past he was turned into a defenseless rabbit by the dark world that could have been easily killed and in MM he was turn into a Deku shrub who could be instantly fried by fire with his only form of attack being a snot bubble and a spin. Not to mention Midna's magic most likely alleviated any problems of getting around or attacking multiple enemies.

Not to mention Twilight Princess Link was a farm boy, he had a lot of strength to back up his character and the only really bad thing that happened to him was his friends got kidnapped and taken to a town pretty much right next store. While llia was in Hyrule castle town. The worst thing that happens to Link in that game is that he's manipulated by Midna to do her dirty work for her but by that time, the only real problem Link himself faces is that llia has a bit of amnesia. Nothing really physically or psychologically scarring happens to Link if he were real. Sure there is that scene that plays after you beat the water temple but the way Link acts to that is a little over dramatic. I never saw how transformation in Zelda games is much of a burden to anyone in the world because quite a lot of them do it frequently but that is of course all my own opinion and personally TP and Skyward Sword Link had it the easiest. Twilight Princess Link for the reasons stated above and Skyward Sword Link because he's a fledgling knight he should be ready for the stuff that awaits him and throughout most of his adventure he is never really phased by much except that one scene that I won't talk about. Again just a little surprised and curious as to why TP seems to be top choice.
Posted Image

#12 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:22 AM

I agree with Garolymar here. TP Link had it kinda soft. Just look at the Link from Zelda II. The monsters in that game are literally after his blood. They don't just want him dead. They want to hunt him down, and ritualistically sacrifice his blood to Ganon's ashes. I'd be afraid to so much as sleep at night if I were him.
Posted Image

#13 SassyGhirahim

SassyGhirahim

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:47 PM

Although TP Link is my favorite, there's something about the attitude the developers give him in that game that doesn't make you think about his hardships, rather, they make you focus on his resolve to fight for the sake of others.

I vote for OOT Link because he was a child when his adventure started. Ghosts, zombies, skeletons, giant monsters - all of this battling while you're still young with a freakin' weak Kokiri sword with the blade as short as my forearm to fight and a wooden shield to defend yourself with??? Scarred for life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!