Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:51 AM

(Reuters) - Young, casual marijuana smokers experience potentially harmful changes to their brains, with the drug altering regions of the mind related to motivation and emotion, researchers found.

The study to be published on Wednesday in the Journal of Neuroscience differs from many other pot-related research projects that are focused on chronic, heavy users of cannabis.

The collaborative effort between Northwestern University's medical school, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School showed a direct correlation between the number of times users smoked and abnormalities in the brain.

"What we're seeing is changes in people who are 18 to 25 in core brain regions that you never, ever want to fool around with," said co-senior study author Dr. Hans Beiter, professor of psychiatry and behavioral sciences at Northwestern University.

In particular, the study identified changes to the nucleus accumbens and the nucleus amygdala, regions of the brain that are key to regulating emotion and motivation, in marijuana users who smoke between one and seven joints a week

http://www.reuters.c...EA3F04F20140416

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:19 AM

So stop doing drugs morons.

#3 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:14 AM

love when pot heads claim their are no negative effects to weed.

2lvmghw.png

#4 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:34 AM

Maybe if they link to the study, there might be a reason to consider what they have to say, which is in contrast to several other studies done with weed over the years.

#5 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:40 AM

good thing I stay away from this stuff, though I'd stay away from it even if it wasn't negative in a single way

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#6 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:34 AM

which is in contrast to several other studies done with weed over the years.

Every article I have read on this claims that there is insufficient evidence to prove any serious long-term effects. Either that or it says things like "increases the risk" psychosis, alzheimers etc. But by how much? Eating fatty foods increases your risk of heart disease, drinking alcohol increases your risk of liver failure, artificial sweeteners increase your risk of cancer (although if you have sugar instead that can also cause cancer/make you fat and in turn cause heart disease etc.). 

Are we really supposed to stay away from all these things just because they might "increase our risk" of getting a disease by an unknown amount? As long as you don't go overboard and have too much of any of them then you should be fine. 

That's my thoughts on the matter anyway.

Edited by Hunter, 16 April 2014 - 11:35 AM.

#7 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:48 AM

This is a surprise how? 

I also love how most people use this stuff by smoking it and then claiming that there are no long terms effects to it. As if smoking something that isn't a cigarette isn't just as bad for you as smoking an actual cigarette. 

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#8 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:15 PM

420 Blaze it ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#9 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:25 PM

Damn. Peoples better step up to full hardcore pot smokers to avoid the damage caused by casual smoking.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#10 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:27 PM

Your lungs are meant for O2. Nothing else. Also the bastards who smell up apartments and elevators tow here is smells like some one smoked a skunk dung. I don't like smokers I esp dislike pot heads. Selfish dickweeds. Then they get all tight in the butt to defend it to the death. Hell with em.

#11 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:03 PM

Weed will cause memory loss as long as you smoke it before you are 25. It still causes lung problems though. 

#12 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:23 PM

Damn. Peoples better step up to full hardcore pot smokers to avoid the damage caused by casual smoking.

The new drug craze is taking a bottle of caffeine pills and pretending you're in a different dimension. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#13 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:26 PM

This is a surprise how? 

I also love how most people use this stuff by smoking it and then claiming that there are no long terms effects to it. As if smoking something that isn't a cigarette isn't just as bad for you as smoking an actual cigarette. 

Except smoking it isn't the only way to actually get THC into your system.  There is a difference in the contents of a cigarette, carcinogens and nicotine, and weed, THC.

Now, I'm talking medicinal or real stuff.  Any weed you buy off the street, it can be full of stuff; I had a friend who bought some in a sketchy neighborhood just to experiment with it, turns out it was somehow magnetic (maybe it was mixed with iron for some reason?).

#14 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:29 PM

DRUGS ARE FOR THUGS!

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#15 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:19 PM

gee what a surprise

#16 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:07 PM

Lol I remember having a fight with someone on youtube a few days ago he was claiming weed has no negative affects and told me to find evidence of people ever dying from it or anything... well, here we are now...

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#17 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:33 PM

Except smoking it isn't the only way to actually get THC into your system.  There is a difference in the contents of a cigarette, carcinogens and nicotine, and weed, THC.

Now, I'm talking medicinal or real stuff.  Any weed you buy off the street, it can be full of stuff; I had a friend who bought some in a sketchy neighborhood just to experiment with it, turns out it was somehow magnetic (maybe it was mixed with iron for some reason?).

The point I was trying to make is that you're putting stuff into your lungs that naturally shouldn't be there. Regardless of how many chemicals there are and aren't, it's not natural, and not healthy for your body.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#18 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:44 PM

No duh

794144.png?13383682