• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:18 AM

No we are not talking Epic or Bungie or Irrational or anything like that.

I am talking a dev at a decent size can help with console development like Retro and even assist on others.

Also can be some smaller teams for handheld as well.

For me I would like them to get Shin'en for they can take Fast Racing and turn it into a bigger project this way and maybe Retail as a F-Zero game. heck maybe they can bring back StarFox.

Next Level Games small but can do a lot of work for 3DS.

Next might be a bit iffy as they have yet to really prove themselves but niether did Retro before getting bought.

Redbutton. When retro was bough they were former Iguana guys. Turok-Turok 2. Redbutton form ND guys but mainly the guys from the PS1 PS2 era.

Retro could maybe esp benefit from Redbutton and vice versa as two studio's in the west working together. New IP's or old.

I know a couple of these are exclusive to Nintendo anyway but that's not really the point. Point would be they could do so much more with Nintendo under thier wing. Retro as the main example. In Japan look at Monolith.

#2 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:33 AM

Next Level Games or Monster Games seem like good choices. 

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#3 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:28 AM

I would love to see another first party studio for Nintendo, especially a Western one. 

Also, I feel like Shin'en would be a wasted purchase since they already make games almost exclusively for Nintendo systems anyways, but that's just me.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#4 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:25 PM

I would like them to go for a few indies devs and see if they can mash them together. That way we can have unique games with good graphics and story.

#5 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:30 PM

Avalanche studios.

#6 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:50 PM

Redbutton would be cool I think, but we'll wait and see how the new Sonic turns out.

#7 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:51 PM

They could buy Naughty Dog and re-hire all the people Sony fired/couldn't afford to keep paying.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#8 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:33 PM

I thought Nintendo already owned Next Level Games?

Also, yes, they should buy Avalanche Studios - just for Just Cause.

Bring the noise.

#9 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:26 PM

I would love to see another first party studio for Nintendo, especially a Western one. 

Also, I feel like Shin'en would be a wasted purchase since they already make games almost exclusively for Nintendo systems anyways, but that's just me.

But for how much longer will this happen?

I thought Nintendo already owned Next Level Games?

Also, yes, they should buy Avalanche Studios - just for Just Cause.

I dont think they own them but Next level came out earlier this year and said how happy they are with Nintendo and they will only make games for them.

To answer the OP question though yes i want Nintendo to buy other wester devs they need them for Ip's their bigger devs dont want to make anymore (f-zero, wave race, starfox). I thought they should have bought HVS makers of the conduit. Groom them and make them your "GUERILLA GAMES" and open your ip's up a bit with some first person shooters.

#10 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:27 PM

No that's not the point they will make games for Nintendo fo maybe ever ever but under Nintendo's roof they get more support and budgets and leadership. So Fast Racing could be a full retail game or Next Level would be able to do more on 3DS and maybe even WiiU Eshop

#11 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:44 PM

No that's not the point they will make games for Nintendo fo maybe ever ever but under Nintendo's roof they get more support and budgets and leadership. So Fast Racing could be a full retail game or Next Level would be able to do more on 3DS and maybe even WiiU Eshop

I hear you but I dont think Nintendo would ask if they did not have the funding to handle the games. Also nintendo games are not big budget games so The marios (3d), Zelda, Smash, and metroid or the only ones really getting the big budget, and maybe MK8.

#12 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:59 PM

I hear you but I dont think Nintendo would ask if they did not have the funding to handle the games. Also nintendo games are not big budget games so The marios (3d), Zelda, Smash, and metroid or the only ones really getting the big budget, and maybe MK8.

Didn't say massive budget just a lot more than what their budgets allow them to do now. 

#13 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:00 PM

Didn't say massive budget just a lot more than what their budgets allow them to do now. 

Does nintendo not help with the budget when they are developing a game for them. I am sure everything is not coming out of their pocket... right?

#14 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:07 PM

Does nintendo not help with the budget when they are developing a game for them. I am sure everything is not coming out of their pocket... right?

If it's Luigi's Mansion yes. Fast Racing or Jet Rocket no.

#15 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:25 PM

If it's Luigi's Mansion yes. Fast Racing or Jet Rocket no.

true.

#16 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:45 PM

Renegade Kid could be an idea.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#17 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:12 AM

I just want them to expand Retro to where it is the size of EAD and is working on 3-4 western games at a time. It would be a slow process, but that is where I'd like to see them end up.

#18 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 02:13 PM

Some more western devs wouldn't hurt but the way I see it is: Japanese developers>>>>>>Western developers.

#19 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 02:38 PM

Some more western devs wouldn't hurt but the way I see it is: Japanese developers>>>>>>Western developers.

Depends. I just prefer more Japanese games than western however just many Japanese companies making the same mistakes western ones are now.

Topic is just to give Nintendo more presence in the west. Not like Retro feels worse because it's not Japan.

#20 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:28 PM

No we are not talking Epic or Bungie or Irrational or anything like that.

I guess you can say you don't want any irrational answers!

I'll leave now.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!