YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:20 AM

DRIVECLUB.gif

Speaking with VG247 as part of our new Driveclub interview, Rustchynsky said, “[Striving for 60FPS] was something that we stated as an early target to ourselves. 

“As we’ve got more familiar with the hardware, and also, looking at what we wanted from the game, we decided that 1080p, 30 frames per second is absolutely the best thing, because what that allows us to do is to deliver the most detailed cars in-race that you will ever have seen. 

“It’s allowed us to create some of the biggest tracks you will ever see in a racing game, with the most visually-dense environments, as well as a full global illumination system which allows us to make time of day, where shadows are cast, full-on reflections. It’s allowed us to push all those various areas.”

Rustchynsky added that Sucker Punch’s PS4 debut inFamous: Second Son looked gorgeous thanks to various techniques and mechanics made possible by keeping the game running at 30FPS.

http://www.vg247.com...-says-director/

This game is going to be great 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:26 AM

Dang, that's one pretty game. If 30fps and 1080p means fantastic looking games, it's fine with me.

794144.png?13383682

#3 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:41 AM

im defo getting this but think project cars will be better so i will be getting that too for my lovely ps4 :)

#4 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:50 AM

Man, I assumed the big delay was to hit 1080p 60fps so I'm not pleased. Yes it's very pretty but they are obviously using too much graphic effects to get 60fps.

Forza 5 is just the 360 version with higher res, no AA, less cars and less tracks. Mario Kart 8 it is then!

#5 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:59 PM

The human eye can't even see anything over 30fps anyway

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#6 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:34 PM

The human eye can't even see anything over 30fps anyway

don't believe myths, our eyes can see well beyond that, (going to try and explain as basic as possible) Our eyes can see mostly up to 60-80, if we have frames up to 1000 fps our eyes/brain just doesn't like it and gets confused, giving us strained eyes. It's why nothing ever goes past 60 fps, because it's uncomfortable.

So basically, our eyes can see well beyond 100 FPS even 1000 fps, although it's not recommended. 60 fps is the limit. 

Also just look at something in 30 fps and 60 fps side by side comparison and the difference is obvious

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#7 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:44 PM

Racing games at less than 60 FPS nowadays are still acceptable? If you say so...

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#8 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:33 PM

Racing games at less than 60 FPS nowadays are still acceptable? If you say so...

next gen is here!

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#9 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:47 PM

don't believe myths, our eyes can see well beyond that, (going to try and explain as basic as possible) Our eyes can see mostly up to 60-80, if we have frames up to 1000 fps our eyes/brain just doesn't like it and gets confused, giving us strained eyes. It's why nothing ever goes past 60 fps, because it's uncomfortable.
So basically, our eyes can see well beyond 100 FPS even 1000 fps, although it's not recommended. 60 fps is the limit. 
Also just look at something in 30 fps and 60 fps side by side comparison and the difference is obvious

But anything more than 30 fps put a strain on our eyes, which is why EA made things like MotionBlurr™

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#10 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:48 PM

I am all about taking double the render time to add in more eye candy per frame.... Just.... Not in a racing game.

An atmospheric game, or something heck ya... but... Not in a racing game.

Im actually pretty bummed the most powerful system this gen needs to slash its framerate in half to handle 1080p resolution just so it can handle outside and a bunch of gi effect approximations...

Oh well, Naughty Dog is bound to show something truly impressive looking at e3. Even if it just plays like uncharted.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#11 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:31 PM

im defo getting this but think project cars will be better so i will be getting that too for my lovely ps4 :)

Really pumped for project cars.

Drive club still underwhelms me. I think forza 5 is easily the prettier game.

But project cars... Looks like the game forza and gran Turismo want to be when they grow up.

At least so far.

#12 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:33 AM

1080p and 30 fps for a console with "high-end" capabilities? I was expecting 1440p and 120 fps at the very least.

Edited by SailtheSeas, 01 May 2014 - 01:33 AM.

#13 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:04 AM

But anything more than 30 fps put a strain on our eyes, which is why EA made things like MotionBlurr™

Ea makes motion blur so the game doesn't put too much strain on the hardware thus it can look pretty as well as run well.

Also I play games on 60 fps almost every day of my life (I play PC games) and nothing happens. It's great. 

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#14 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:09 AM

Whelp. Project cars ps4 makes this look like poop.... And at 1080p 60fps.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#15 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:35 AM

Ea makes motion blur so the game doesn't put too much strain on the hardware thus it can look pretty as well as run well.
Also I play games on 60 fps almost every day of my life (I play PC games) and nothing happens. It's great.

You must have no eyes left!
And no, MothionBlurr™ is next-generation tech that makes the fps an eye-wateringly comfortable 30, solid. With some occasional dips and screen-tearing.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#16 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:08 PM

my thoughts exactly. I really don't want to sound like a hater, but what is the point of these "super next gen" systems housing all this Ram and Processor power if they can't max out the game to visual perfection??

#17 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:47 PM

fps has nothing to do with graphics/visuals!!! its the motion

#18 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 12:18 AM

fps has nothing to do with graphics/visuals!!! its the motion

It has everything to do with visuals.

The more you put into to a frame, the more difficult it is to maintain a high framerate.

#19 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 12:52 AM

No shame in going down to 900p, they could maintain the same fidelity but 60fps would be easier. 

#20 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:13 AM

Whelp. Project cars ps4 makes this look like poop.... And at 1080p 60fps.

didnt think that was CONFIRMED yet I thought they said that was their goal... have they confirmed? I am hoping so bad they can push Wii U to 720p 60fps but I guess it just does not have the guts to handle it at that FPS. Like someone said above Mario kart will be it for me. Its amazing how many racers I want. Project cars, fast racing neo, 90's arcade racer, and mario kart.... damn Wii U!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!