Photo

What if Watchdogs came out a week before other platforms?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:20 AM

I personally will expect very good sales since everyone who is hyped to try the game at launch has to buy wii u

and if nintendo makes some sort of a special limited time offer to reduce the price this might increase sales of both Wii U and watchdogs.

What do you think guys????

#2 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:28 AM

That it's gonna realese somewhere this fall as confirmed by Ubi

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#3 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:57 AM

I personally will expect very good sales since everyone who is hyped to try the game at launch has to buy wii u
and if nintendo makes some sort of a special limited time offer to reduce the price this might increase sales of both Wii U and watchdogs.

What do you think guys????

Firstly we all know it's not going to release before other platform versions. Secondly even if what you said did happen it's not going to have any significant impact on Wii U sales, especially if it releases just a week early.

#4 dvl666

dvl666

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:57 AM

It won't happen though so it's a bit of a pointless question i'm afraid, hypothetically if you had say a PS4/Xbone etc and only had to wait an extra week why would you pay out £250ish to play it 7 days early?

#5 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:03 AM

Well its a what if question. forget the Wii U sales .if the game came out a week before other consoles alot of people are gonna buy it for there Wii U , reviewers will be forced to review it on the Wii U  and give it a good score.

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:06 AM

Nothing would change, Sony would try to take all the wind from the sails as it could with "free" dlc or something for it.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:13 AM

Well its a what if question. forget the Wii U sales .if the game came out a week before other consoles alot of people are gonna buy it for there Wii U , reviewers will be forced to review it on the Wii U  and give it a good score.

Nope. Developers send a review copy of thier prefered platform. Last gen multi plats were sent 360 copies mainly. Already this gen it's PS4 copies. Developers often choose what console they feel is the best the game can run and look and that is PS4 right now. There is a lot of stipulations with developers and pro review sites now.

#8 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:42 AM

Not going to happen. If it came out a week early or even a month early that doesn't mean there is going to be a significant impact on the game's sales on the Wii U. Also what makes you think reviewers will be forced to review the Wii U version and give it a good score. They makes no sense what so ever. I really don't know what the point of this thread is as such a situation would never happen.

#9 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:28 PM

Not possible
There just finishing up the other systems and said they where going to put all there work towards finishing the win u one.

Also this wouldn't sell win system s like that.
Nintendo needs Nintendo only games to sell the system.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#10 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:43 PM

What of Jesus was a gay penguin?

#11 Dr.Legendaddy

Dr.Legendaddy

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • NNID:Dr.Legendaddy
  • Fandom:
    Lucas, Wario, King Triple D

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:30 PM

I wouldnt get it for Wii U.. no support whatsoever

wario_land_4__animated_miniwario_avi_set[7HzG] Our clans website please feel free to check us out or to join us: http://7hzg.webs.com/

We're on many Nintendo and PC Games represented always looking to have a good time together :ph34r:

Steam: DrUSA7

NNID:Dr.Legendaddy, 7HzG_Legendaddy(BLOPSII)

#12 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:56 AM

I wouldnt get it for Wii U.. no support whatsoever

I feel kinda like that logic keeps people from buying on Wii U at all though, and then the endless cycle of no good games persists...

#13 Dr.Legendaddy

Dr.Legendaddy

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:25 AM

I feel kinda like that logic keeps people from buying on Wii U at all though, and then the endless cycle of no good games persists...

i agree but ive been bying game after game for wii u to support em but I'm pretty much tired of it :(

wario_land_4__animated_miniwario_avi_set[7HzG] Our clans website please feel free to check us out or to join us: http://7hzg.webs.com/

We're on many Nintendo and PC Games represented always looking to have a good time together :ph34r:

#14 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 01:08 PM

i agree but ive been bying game after game for wii u to support em but I'm pretty much tired of it :(

Understandable. But we've gotta have hope!!1

#15 Dr.Legendaddy

Dr.Legendaddy

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:08 PM

Understandable. But we've gotta have hope!!1

My hope almost died after they moved watch dogs to november so that no one will buy it for wii u if they can get it earlier on another system with better support, then ubisoft will complain bout low sales even though its theit own fault :( but maybe kart and X can save the wii us sales and make it again interesting for 3rd parties. I'm keeping my preorder for wii u watchdogs nevertheless just to show that there is demand.

#16 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:01 PM

People think about it, the game was already going to be released on October 2013-doesnt that mean that it was already finished ???

#17 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:04 PM

People think about it, the game was already going to be released on October 2013-doesnt that mean that it was already finished ???

No. delays happen often as deadlines are missed.  Like sometimes you don't finish your homework on time and turn it in late.

#18 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 07:23 PM

No. delays happen often as deadlines are missed.  Like sometimes you don't finish your homework on time and turn it in late.

Haha, nice analogy.

#19 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:00 PM

Even with all the hate, downgraded graphics, Ubi stance on Nintendo, etc I AM STILL BUYING THIS GAME. I hope we can get better graphics than what I have seen on 360 though. Seriously It was a waste of devs time to make this game on last gen consoles. IMO

#20 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 May 2014 - 05:20 AM

This is probably the last big Wii U 3rd party game so i think we should all buy it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!