YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:59 PM

http://www.khou.com/...-258402211.html

NEEDVILLE, Texas -- Mason Michalec says he loves his country but just not the government.

“I’m really tired of our government taking advantage of us,” said Michalec. “I don’t agree with the NSA spying on us. And I don’t agree with any of thoseInternet laws.”

That's why he's taken a pledge of sorts to not say the Pledge of Allegiance with classmates.

“I’ve basically said it from the time I was in kindergarten to earlier this year and that’s when I decided I was done saying it.”

For the most this year, his silent protest has gone unnoticed. But on Wednesday, when a different teacher observed it for the very first time, the Needville High School sophomore ran into trouble.

“And she told me this is my classroom," said Michalec. "This is the principal’s request. You’re going to stand. And I still didn’t stand and she said she was going to write me up.”

Michalec says the principal sentenced him to two days of in school suspension, and warned that he could face more ISS if his protest continued.

It’s a consequence the 15-year-old seems prepared to face.

“And I think it’s time that people do something for themselves and stop taking whatever’s handed to them," said Michalec. "I’m angry and frustrated and annoyed that they would try to write me up for something I have the right to do.”

According to KHOU 11 News legal expert attorney Gerald Treece, the sanctions imposed by the school appear to violate Michalec’s first amendment rights.

Officials with the school district could not be reached for comment

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:11 PM

I got yelled at for not standing for the texas pledge, i gave them the finger : p

wa3Nq7j.png

#3 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:24 PM

This thing has already been brought to court and ruled in favor of allowing students to refuse the pledge.  If the school takes issue, they could be liable for others to take legal action.

I stopped standing for the pledge in middle school.  Very few people cared.

One art teacher cared until another student referred to the right to refuse to stand for the pledge.

One substitute, an old lady also cared.  She looked at me like I was some demonic commie satanic scumbag throughout all of class.

My issue is the idea of being forced to pledge your allegiance to everyday, from early schooling, to an idea you may not agree with.  I will not pledge my allegiance to a bloodthirsty country with a broken system, but that's something else which I won't really discuss right now.

#4 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:43 PM

Been so long since I was in school I forgot it existed. F the pledge anyway

#5 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:59 PM

That sucks for him but if I was him I'd fight back. That's freedom of speak and he doesn't have to.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#6 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:47 PM

I hear not many countries force students to express fealty to the national flag in schools to begin with, but don't take my word for it. Either way, it's pretty stupid and I always thought it was ridiculous. 

Edited by Squall Leonhart, 09 May 2014 - 10:48 PM.

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#7 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 10 May 2014 - 07:27 AM

'Murrriiiiiiicccccaaaa, 'mmurrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiicccccccaaaaaaa

794144.png?13383682

#8 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 10 May 2014 - 07:45 AM

Usually if you have a note from your parents, you're allowed to skip out on the pledge.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#9 KingBoo

KingBoo

Walka

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • NNID:Kingofboos
  • Fandom:
    Mentos, bunnies, and anything Nintendo.

Posted 10 May 2014 - 07:58 AM

look at that. a 15 year old boy has more sense than half of america.

obamaphoooone. obamaphoooooone.

bb0.gif

#10 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 10 May 2014 - 08:13 AM

Fear the almighty flag ooohhh~~~ American flag worship~~~ woooohhhhh~ I'm a ghost~~~

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#11 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:28 AM

america is a myth

#12 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:23 AM

One substitute, an old lady also cared.  She looked at me like I was some demonic commie satanic scumbag throughout all of class.

You mean you're not a demonic commie satanic scumbag?

Huh, you learn something new everyday...

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#13 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:49 AM

What's wrong with being a commie satanic scumbag?

Racists.

ibjgNlFnwT2IPs.jpg

Edited by DreamCat, 10 May 2014 - 10:49 AM.

#14 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:01 AM

What's wrong with being a commie satanic scumbag?

Racists.

ibjgNlFnwT2IPs.jpg

Nothing is wrong with being a commie satanic scumbag. But a demonic commie satanic scumbag? Nope.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#15 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:09 AM

well that's just redundant.

#16 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:17 AM

Wow you lot are brainwashed but good.

Article should read: "Texas child's first Amendment right violated by idiot teacher and senior staff."

The "scary American Goverment' aka the 'Federal Goverment' secures him this right, and should he even breath their way, the federal court would slam this so hard in the schools face it would pop out their bum.

This would be the school, a publically funded by state government (The government of Texas), down to county city etc, which is independant of the federal government, (as long as it doesnt violate the rights of its people or other infractions the federal governent would need to intervene for), kinda why its actually called the united STATES of america, and not just murrica as you geniouses like to generalize it. which you silly ponys are circle jerking over.

Also, just because the school is funded by and a part of the state system, doesnt mean the actions of two moronic individuals is representative of said government.

Stop being tools, your logic is pathetic childish and purely reactionary.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#17 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:46 AM

Anyone who actually thinks that the government requires students to take the pledge is just flat out moronic.  I guess I was a bit unclear in my above post, but I was trying to imply that the government/courts or a third party could come down on the school for going against the student's rights.

I had my reasons for not following the pledge, but it has to do with blind idealism or patriotism.  I have my own issues with the country, but that doesn't mean I hate the country or the government, I've just come to accept it as it is.

#18 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:18 PM

Anyone who actually thinks that the government requires students to take the pledge is just flat out moronic.  I guess I was a bit unclear in my above post, but I was trying to imply that the government/courts or a third party could come down on the school for going against the student's rights.

I had my reasons for not following the pledge, but it has to do with blind idealism or patriotism.  I have my own issues with the country, but that doesn't mean I hate the country or the government, I've just come to accept it as it is.

In 2013, the NSA raided 15,000 homes because their children didn't stand for the pledge.
Every single instance is reported, and followed up on as an act of terrorism.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#19 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 10 May 2014 - 08:31 PM

'Murrriiiiiiicccccaaaa, 'mmurrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiicccccccaaaaaaa

Edited by Squall Leonhart, 10 May 2014 - 08:33 PM.

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!