• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:16 PM

While Nintendo will be showing off several Wii U games at E3, including Super Smash Bros U, company president Satoru Iwata confirmed in a recent Q&A that they’ll unveil a bunch of brand new Wii U games to E3 as well.

Iwata did not go into specifics as to what those Wii U games might be, he only said that the games are “designed to introduce players to the value of the Wii U GamePad”. Some of the rumored Wii U games for E3 include a new Zelda and Metroid game.

He added that all of the new Wii U games are developed in-house at Nintendo with their first party teams, and all of them are overseen by Shigeru Miyamoto. Iwata said that the Wii U titles at E3 will represent games that are “near completion” and games that are also “in early development”.

See also: Nintendo will not be losing money on Wii U anymore

Hopefully Nintendo will have some amazing titles that can generate some buzz about the Wii U. It’s not longer enough to make good games for current Wii U owners. Because of the state of the Wii U, the games have to attract new buyers to the system as well. We’re sure the upcoming Mario Kart 8 will do just that, and hopefully, so will the games announced at E3.

Recently, there have been rumors of a redesigned Wii U at E3, but Nintendo quickly squashed those rumors.

What Wii U games would you like Nintendo to announce at E3? Share your thoughts in the comments section!

#2 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:23 PM

I would hope so.

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#3 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:25 PM

Waiting for someone to post this. I was actually getting close to having to push the 'new topic' button myself. Thanks for the save.

The myamoto gamepad value games were brought up in the financial breifing the other day. Stoked that they are going to show brand new never before seen games at e3.

I mean, im already excited for zelda and x, and of course smash and bayo2... But even so thats pretty thin, spread out over a long time between releases. Knowing that their is more that we dont know about yet to fill out that scheduele, and that assuredly a couple of them will really catch my interest, and we will soon be shown something tangible on them is really reassuring.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#4 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:49 PM

I wonder if these new Gamepad games be really exciting new games or be new entried to the Wii series or something similar. I know those sell but really want to see the creative juices flowin.

Besides what I keep asking for like a new Starfox,Metroid and Mistwalker RPG. I want to see Project HAMMER brought back.

Oh and DQ7 on 3DS.  SMTXFE,X,B2 are a given of what I want to see more of.

#5 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 11 May 2014 - 02:59 AM

Goint to see hopefully new ips and games we know of (fzero). I dont just want mini game compilations. Wiiu not being sold at a loss anymore. Mk8 is about to launch then E3 right afer. If nintendo plays it cards right Wiuu could take off. Even nintendo hater pachter is noticing with his recent positive takes on WiiU.

Edited by GAMER1984, 11 May 2014 - 03:03 AM.

#6 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 11 May 2014 - 03:33 AM

When you think about it, there isn't much other than old (revived) IP's and new IP's that they could show.

You've got Zelda, that's one of them. Then what? Mario Party? Paper Mario? Apart from those, it could be literally any IP, new or revived. Could be Starfox. Could be Metroid.

Dis gon be gud.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#7 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:02 AM

When you think about it, there isn't much other than old (revived) IP's and new IP's that they could show.
You've got Zelda, that's one of them. Then what? Mario Party? Paper Mario? Apart from those, it could be literally any IP, new or revived. Could be Starfox. Could be Metroid.
Dis gon be gud.

Or it could be casual games like Wii music

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#8 Etkar

Etkar

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:35 AM

Dis gon be gud.

Dis_gonna_b_gud.gif

#9 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 11 May 2014 - 05:07 AM

You all are setting yourself up for disappointment.

'New titles' doesn't necessarily mean Star Fox, Metroid, F-Zero, or anything we'd be excited about. Just like everybody asks for 'new IPs', but then is disappointed when the new IPs shown are not what they want (Wii Music).

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#10 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 05:57 AM

'New titles' doesn't necessarily mean Star Fox, Metroid, F-Zero, or anything we'd be excited about. Just like everybody asks for 'new IPs', but then is disappointed when the new IPs shown are not what they want (Wii Music).

Maybe. Better to expect nothing and then be surprised if they announce something great.

On the other hand, Nintendo know they need games for Wii U to get more sales so I'm looking forward to their E3 the most this year.

#11 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:42 AM

Maybe. Better to expect nothing and then be surprised if they announce something great.

On the other hand, Nintendo know they need games for Wii U to get more sales so I'm looking forward to their E3 the most this year.

We always think that Nintendo knows what they need to do, but it tends to turn out that they don't

Last year we were saying the very same thing. We get one strong Direct for "E3", but then the focus on the Wii U drops back off of the planet, and every Direct after that was "3DS! 3DS! 3DS!".

Let me remind you, Nintendo really does seem to still think that titles like Wii Fit, Wii Music, Wii Party are the real titles that will sell the system.

Surely at least one exciting title will come out of the E3 conference this year, but one just can't look at what they're saying here and think that all, or even most of the titles they are talking about are big titles like Star Fox, Metroid, etc. That is the exact mindset that will burn everybody getting themselves into it.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#12 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:03 AM

Do Nintendo really still think casual titles will sell consoles though? Even after they look at the sales figures of those sort of wii u games and the console itself? Surely they will be analysing what sells and what doesn't before deciding on the kind of games they need to bring out next?

#13 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:41 AM

I wish Miyamoto wasn't overseeing every game. Can't he just make his own games? Does he have to be looking over everyone's shoulder? Heck does he even want to or is this because of some upper management thinking it's required? If he really wants to prepare the company for his eventual retirement shouldn't people be allowed to do their own thing?

Anyway I hope they're good games that they're showing, something that'll make me take my hype out of reserve, and not just two weeks before release like Dark Souls II. I mean I really want a lot of games coming out but I want something that'll put me in an "I can't wait!" type of frenzy...wait no I don't I hate that type of feeling...what am I thinking of?

Edited by Gimbal, 11 May 2014 - 07:43 AM.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#14 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:49 AM

I think we need to see what these games are before getting too excited.

#15 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 11 May 2014 - 08:27 AM

Exciting times indeed!

I just hope these games signify a steady release of games for this fiscal year.

I`m betting on one of the NFP games being a Mario game!

#16 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:07 AM

I wish Miyamoto wasn't overseeing every game. Can't he just make his own games? Does he have to be looking over everyone's shoulder? Heck does he even want to or is this because of some upper management thinking it's required? If he really wants to prepare the company for his eventual retirement shouldn't people be allowed to do their own thing?

He was leaving them on their own, including many projects including ones he usually sees over. However I guess he is there to help with the Gamepad support and ideas. He is working on his own game right now too, a new ip. 

Stupid Snowmads!

#17 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:08 AM

Good, last e3 was good but it really was lacking in surprises, we can't everything we knew we were gonna get but nothing we didn't know about apart from dk I think and that wasn't met with the most positive reactions at first.

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#18 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:26 AM

I already said that because that's what I expect. I expect to be the Wii series or another Mii based series. Which to me will not help WiiU right now. It needs some serious guns NEW or old IP's but new. I am not expecting that but it's what I would hope for but know that's like expecting Capcom to finish making Mega Man Legends 3 and not cancel it and not blame the community for it.

#19 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:29 AM

Nintendo always have new games to show at e3, for release within the year.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#20 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:32 AM

It'll be a crappy mini game collection being advertised as full-fledged AAA titles by Dreamcat and Nollog. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!