• NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:44 PM

http://i.imgur.com/C9Cu1Zj.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.co...EJCOC.jpg:large

source; twitter. 

Looks lame. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:48 PM

ilJ7getGXKemh.jpg

Fan colorized it. He looked like Frank Millers The Dark Knight

#3 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:55 PM

1)  The bat symbol on Batman's chest is that big because Superman's symbol can fit in it

2)   If you look closely you can see the lines where the latter's symbol is supposed to go

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#4 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:57 PM

ibrx96UKADrxs4.jpg

ib032HcPAM10QM.jpg

Again it's Frank Millers Dark Knight from the novel in the 80's. The lines as you call them are scratches likely from combat. Batman and Supes fight one another and my memory is vague but with Arrows help brings supes down before Batman dies of a heart attack(he is old in the story about 60 I think) or so people think Bruce in his apperent death is exposed as batman to the city and wealth is gone. Does not tend there. It has a slight twist ending. Bruce fakes his death and he and the new Robin lead a bunch of people in the old batcave and start an army.

Edited by DreamCat, 13 May 2014 - 04:14 PM.

#5 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:09 PM

The Miller costume actually looks pretty neat, we finally get a non armored costume that actually looks like Batman.  I hope it follows the same color scheme.

I hope it doesn't follow the Miller comics, though, as the Nolan trilogy already drew so much from it (and the recent animated version of the Dark Knight Returns).

#6 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:19 PM

I can see what they were going for here with trying to stay true to the source material...but I wish the ears would have been a tad bigger. Minor complaint but a complaint nonetheless 

#7 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:31 PM

The Miller costume actually looks pretty neat, we finally get a non armored costume that actually looks like Batman.  I hope it follows the same color scheme.

I hope it doesn't follow the Miller comics, though, as the Nolan trilogy already drew so much from it (and the recent animated version of the Dark Knight Returns).

Very much this.

I'm actually so psyched to see a Batman costume that actually look like Batman.

The batmobile is ok. Not incredible but not bad in my opinion.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#8 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:00 PM

Costume is lame.

Fake muscles? Really? Like the 1980's Flash tv show? Stupid.

And the frank miller short ears worked for that ugly art style.

But makes real human dimensions just look dopey.

And then there is that Family Guy chin hanging out.

Actually looks just as bad as originally thought.

Bat mobile looks good so far.

Hopefully the movie goes the New 52 route. Much more plausible than Millers non-canon story.

#9 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:26 PM

Costume is lame.

Fake muscles? Really? Like the 1980's Flash tv show? Stupid.

And the frank miller short ears worked for that ugly art style.

But makes real human dimensions just look dopey.

And then there is that Family Guy chin hanging out.

Actually looks just as bad as originally thought.

Bat mobile looks good so far.

Hopefully the movie goes the New 52 route. Much more plausible than Millers non-canon story.

How do you know the muscles are fake?

Ugh. Please no new 52. Can it just die already?

Also forgot to say the only thing I wish the costume had (that NONE of the costumes have had for some reason) is whited out eyes. Seriously makes the costume look like fiddy percent more Batman as soon as you white out the eyes.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#10 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:35 PM

How do you know the muscles are fake?
Ugh. Please no new 52. Can it just die already?

Also forgot to say the only thing I wish the costume had (that NONE of the costumes have had for some reason) is whited out eyes. Seriously makes the costume look like fiddy percent more Batman as soon as you white out the eyes.

Look at the suit. Rubberized shape.

And the shape of the muscles. Affleck has very short muscle bellies. His muscles wouldn't look like that even on steroids.

New 52 is awesome. Much more plausible with super and power levels and how someone like batman would actually fare against him.

I think the white eye think is cool looking too. But don't get how they can do it without looking cheap.

#11 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:52 PM

Flash show was in 1990. Not 80's also know your Batman history before mushing buttons on your keyboard.

I love when people just judge an entire film on one image and a fan photoshopped one of all things. Ever to stop and think wait til wee see it in motion? Or wait til the film comes out? Obviously they went a more stylistic appraoch than the very tired black rubber suit for the last 25 years.

Edited by DreamCat, 13 May 2014 - 09:56 PM.

#12 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:54 PM

Flash show was in 1990. Not 80's also know your Batman history before mushing buttons on your keyboard.

I know my history.

You should think before you vomit.

1990 is close enough to the 80s.

Lol @ looking at internet pics juxtaposed with frank millers art and becoming history judge.

The original pic in black and white is posted on ign.

This forum isn't the only source.

Stop being so limited.

Comedy.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 13 May 2014 - 09:58 PM.

#13 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:58 PM

I know my history.

You should think before you vomit.

1990 is close enough to the 80s.

#1 Obvioisly not

#2 You make no sense. Try harder next time kid.

#3 1990 is not the 80's so again reverts back to #1.

#4 something wrong with your spacebar? Get a new Keyboard

#5 Already mentioned before you posted. Quick one you are

Edited by DreamCat, 13 May 2014 - 10:04 PM.

#14 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:02 PM

#1 Obvioisly not
#2 You make no sense. Try harder next time kid.
#3 1990 is not the 80's so again reverts back to #1.

You have no idea what your talking about yet again.

Good at looking up wikipedia though. Good job.

Go take your meds and leave this topic for people who know what they're talking about.

#15 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:06 PM

You have no idea what your talking about yet again.

Good at looking up wikipedia though. Good job.

Go take your meds and leave this topic for people who know what they're talking about.

Oh noes vague insults. Oh gosh a meds joke. That's new. Again something wrong with your spacebar? Get a new keyboard.People present you with why you were wrong and you result to flaming and a pitiful attempt. That's some sails level stuff man.

Stop judging an entire film on a photoshopped image. It's flat silly

Edited by DreamCat, 13 May 2014 - 10:08 PM.

#16 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:18 PM

Oh noes vague insults. Oh gosh a meds joke. That's new. Again something wrong with your spacebar? Get a new keyboard.People present you with why you were wrong and you result to flaming and a pitiful attempt. That's some sails level stuff man.

Stop judging an entire film on a photoshopped image. It's flat silly

Oh please. Playing the victim when you started the insults.

"Keyboards musher, kid, know your history..." Lol

That's why you need your meds.

Because you don't discuss the topic. You feel need to attack someone else for expressing the opinion. Instead of addressing the opinion and respectfully disagreeing.

Usually that's a sign of immaturity (most likely making you the "kid".. Or bitter old man. Take your pick). And quite possibly in need of some antidepressants.

Then go to sleep you'll feel better and won't make yourself look like such a tool.

#17 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:28 PM

Oh please. Playing the victim when you started the insults.

"Keyboards musher, kid, know your history..." Lol

That's why you need your meds.

Because you don't discuss the topic. You feel need to attack someone else for expressing the opinion. Instead of addressing the opinion and respectfully disagreeing.

Usually that's a sign of immaturity (most likely making you the "kid".. Or bitter old man. Take your pick). And quite possibly in need of some antidepressants.

Then go to sleep you'll feel better and won't make yourself look like such a tool.

Uh huh. Ignoring your pitful flaming.

You sound exactly like people who went on about Heath Ledgers  joker look before the film came out. You sound exactly like people when it was revealed Keaton would play Batman.  You get info wrong and get pissy when proven wrong. No I am wondering why your posts are so spaced out when they can be contained in a paragraph. I don't even care about Grammar really. No English major. Just seems wierd to keep hitting that space bar. This is besides the point. Point is you are ranting and raving and then taking those rants out on others pre judging something on a falsified image befor seeing anything else in the film or even in motion. So yes that is stupid. The act initself.  I thought Man of Steel was total garbage and yes this film sounds rushed but who knows. One thing is for sure this Batman is not going for the realistic look past films have. We do not know what direction the film is going. So if you want to rant rave and flame up to you. Rest of us will wait and see thank you. Also a goodnight to you as well.

Edited by DreamCat, 13 May 2014 - 10:29 PM.

#18 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:13 AM

Uh huh. Ignoring your pitful flaming.

You sound exactly like people who went on about Heath Ledgers joker look before the film came out. You sound exactly like people when it was revealed Keaton would play Batman. You get info wrong and get pissy when proven wrong. No I am wondering why your posts are so spaced out when they can be contained in a paragraph. I don't even care about Grammar really. No English major. Just seems wierd to keep hitting that space bar. This is besides the point. Point is you are ranting and raving and then taking those rants out on others pre judging something on a falsified image befor seeing anything else in the film or even in motion. So yes that is stupid. The act initself. I thought Man of Steel was total garbage and yes this film sounds rushed but who knows. One thing is for sure this Batman is not going for the realistic look past films have. We do not know what direction the film is going. So if you want to rant rave and flame up to you. Rest of us will wait and see thank you. Also a goodnight to you as well.

Lol.

You've proven nothing other than your own immaturity. Had no issue with ledger. Sorry to disappoint (not really). Affleck is a mistake.

Obviously you aren't a grammar major by your post content.

And a still picture can tell quality a bit. The ears are too short, the muscles are fake (and is in actually that "tired rubber suit" you didn't like in the burton films), and Afflecks face doesn't belong in the cowl.

And I thought Man of Steel was awesome. Finally showcased Superman on an epic scale against enemies on his level. Perfect.

And an opinion was expressed. Not a rant and rave. Judging by your knee-jerk flaming response, that's your department.

So the rest of us will voice our opinions. You know... Since this is a discussion forum and all.

The ranting and raving and flaming those whom you happen to disagree with - we will leave that to you.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 14 May 2014 - 12:17 AM.

#19 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:27 AM

Lol.
You've proven nothing other than your own immaturity. Had no issue with ledger. Sorry to disappoint (not really). Affleck is a mistake.Obviously you aren't a grammar major by your post content.And a still picture can tell quality a bit. The ears are too short, the muscles are fake, and Afflecks face doesn't belong in the cowl.And I thought Man of Steel was awesome. Finally showcased Superman on an epic scale against enemies on his level. Perfect.And an opinion was expressed. Not a rant and rave. Judging by your knee-jerk flaming response, that's your department.
So the rest of us will voice our opinions. You know... Since this is a discussion forum and all.
The ranting and raving and flaming those whom you happen to disagree with - we will leave that to you.

Better. Not so hard is it. Also man I never get upset. Been around to long on the interwebs. I don't take anything to heart. Yes you are ranting and throw more insults. That's cool. No skin off these bones and even if it was have plenty more. Alos if you think that was flaming from me. You have no idea. Not saying I can flame hard. Nah. Just blunt always am but calm as a pond. People just sometimes like you make knee jerk pissy reactions. Don't take it as flaming. If I was I promise you would know. However flame wars are not my thing. Just blunt in person and blunt online. Friends know htis and family does. Some don't get the difference and granted a bit harder online. Still take nothing I say as flaming. It's to silly to get mad online..not my thing anymore man To much real crud to deal with ya know. Maybe you're not mad either and just butted heads lol. Still you come across as judging something way to early. I can't say Afleck will suck or not. Not really bothered if he does. DC been putting out alot of great animated films. K sport.

#20 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:46 AM

Better. Not so hard is it. Also man I never get upset. Been around to long on the interwebs. I don't take anything to heart. Yes you are ranting and throw more insults. That's cool. No skin off these bones and even if it was have plenty more. Alos if you think that was flaming from me. You have no idea. Not saying I can flame hard. Nah. Just blunt always am but calm as a pond. People just sometimes like you make knee jerk pissy reactions. Don't take it as flaming. If I was I promise you would know. However flame wars are not my thing. Just blunt in person and blunt online. Friends know htis and family does. Some don't get the difference and granted a bit harder online. Still take nothing I say as flaming. It's to silly to get mad online..not my thing anymore man To much real crud to deal with ya know. Maybe you're not mad either and just butted heads lol. Still you come across as judging something way to early. I can't say Afleck will suck or not. Not really bothered if he does. DC been putting out alot of great animated films. K sport.

Lol. The one ranting and insulting projecting onto others. Good one. You ARE "that guy."

Making knee jerk reactions just because you heard an opinion you didn't like.

And then starting a flame war but not wanting to admit it. You got mad because you didn't like an opinion. Then you got called out on it and you didn't like that either. So you kept going. Time to put the brakes on.

Let's be real here. You started flaming. Just because you didn't like someone having a different opinion. Just own up to it. It's ok. We all make mistakes in life. But pretending otherwise just makes you look worse.

This thread called for an opinion. Or a judgement. On what we are looking at. I shared mine. That was what the thread was asking for. You got all hurt and basically ridiculed an opinion. The only thing out of line was your response.

And that's fine that you don't care if affleck sucks or the movie ducks because you are happy with cartoons. But this thread was specifically discussing the live action movie, affleck and the revealed look. So since you have just admitted to not caring about it, perhaps you shouldn't go around flaming those that do.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 14 May 2014 - 12:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!