9 replies to this topic

#1 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:38 PM

http://www.theverge....-just-a-console

'Years ago, Microsoft had a bold vision for the future of computing. It would be a tapestry composed of tiny squares. Each square would represent an app, a game, an experience of some sort, and you’d be able to just reach out and touch it. Or, if you already knew what you wanted, you’d be able to simply speak a name, and have the object of your desire materialize out of thin air — regardless of whether you were using a smartphone or lazing in front of a TV set.

That’s the vision Microsoft was building with Windows 8, with Windows Phone, and most intriguingly, with Xbox.

That vision is dead.'

shulkandmonado.jpg

You can KEEP your crummy future!!!

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#2 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:15 PM

It's a shame.
"Oh no I have to keep my internet on, which I pay for, and also pay for xbox live too"

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#3 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:43 PM

Well, that's interesting, considering they are still selling XBOX One's with the Kinect, so...

#4 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:06 PM

Well, that's interesting, considering they are still selling XBOX One's with the Kinect, so...

It's a peripheral now though.

How many developers give the excuse of "we need gamepad features!!!" when the wii u has the pro pad?
100% of them.

Similar here.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#5 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:24 PM

That vision is dead.'

It's a peripheral now though.

How many developers give the excuse of "we need gamepad features!!!" when the wii u has the pro pad?
100% of them.

Similar here.

You shut your whore mouths... The future still lives on! Next-gen Dance Central IS the future! Kinectimals is the revolutionary experience we have been longing for! Just motherhorsing Dance 2015 is not the game we deserve; its the game we need!

These games will show us "gamers" the errors of our ways, and we shall throw ourselves at the mercy of Microsoft and beg them to forgive us of our sins and continue to sell only the Xbox One bundled with the Kinect and not bastardize our messiah. The world needs a proper sequel to Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor; we're just too blind to see that.

Bring Back the Chat Kinect 2014!

#6 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:05 PM

Kinect really is a great idea. And it's executed pretty well.

Wish they didn't make this move.

Sure ps4 is doing great now off the strength of "1080p" zomgoz! And last years E3 MS implosion, but looking at the games lineups and the systems as a whole, the xbox seems to have more potential. And with dx12 allowing for more developers to get much more efficient performance in upcoming games, the future actually seemed like it could go somewhere.

But... Elop.

http://images.bwbx.i...01__630x420.jpg

Clock the link and you'll understand...

Or as he's more affectionately known... Ballmer 2.0. A guy famous for making knee-jerk reactions and always ending up on the wrong side of 50-50 chances.

Don't be confused by the whole "Phil Spencer is our guy" charade. He's just a more relatable face. Acting as a mask for Elop, whom Spencer reports to. Elop then reports to Nadella.

Bad move.

I don't think the price is so much what has kept it below ps4 adoption. It's been trust.

And now they just confused everyone again.

Good job guys.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 16 May 2014 - 01:13 PM.

#7 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:42 PM

Rare has been hit pretty hard with the news, they now need to make games without kinect which is actually a good thing.

#8 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:54 PM

Rare has been hit pretty hard with the news, they now need to make games without kinect which is actually a good thing.

Today MS was talking about what to do with rare what games they should make but ruled out thier deep past. So you can pretty much expect more Kinect Sports. I think it's long overdude people give up on Rare. All the talent has gone elseware. It's a different group there now and they are MS guys and guys hired to make Kinect. Is is as much Rareware we remember as Polaroid is the same company. They kept the name that's it. It's a facade with nothing behind it. Hell the one Rare IP we got within the past year is Killer Instinct and not even made by Rare but Iron Galaxy and Double Helix. Shows that MS for  fact hired them for one area. Casual sports games.

Edited by Ryudo, 16 May 2014 - 02:56 PM.

#9 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:05 PM

Ryudo, on 16 May 2014 - 7:09 PM, said:
Today MS was talking about what to do with rare what games they should make but ruled out thier deep past. So you can pretty much expect more Kinect Sports. I think it's long overdude people give up on Rare. All the talent has gone elseware. It's a different group there now and they are MS guys and guys hired to make Kinect. Is is as much Rareware we remember as Polaroid is the same company. They kept the name that's it. It's a facade with nothing behind it. Hell the one Rare IP we got within the past year is Killer Instinct and not even made by Rare but Iron Galaxy and Double Helix. Shows that MS for fact hired them for one area. Casual sports games.

People should also realize this was a cyclic habit for the people behind rare.

Before they were rare they were Ashbey computer and graphic, and then Ultimate play the game...

Each change saw them sell the name and ip's they made popular, which were quickly run into the ground and forgotten without the real talent behind them.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#10 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:09 PM

Today MS was talking about what to do with rare what games they should make but ruled out thier deep past. So you can pretty much expect more Kinect Sports. I think it's long overdude people give up on Rare. All the talent has gone elseware. It's a different group there now and they are MS guys and guys hired to make Kinect. Is is as much Rareware we remember as Polaroid is the same company. They kept the name that's it. It's a facade with nothing behind it. Hell the one Rare IP we got within the past year is Killer Instinct and not even made by Rare but Iron Galaxy and Double Helix. Shows that MS for  fact hired them for one area. Casual sports games.

I know it's a different team now but I'm thinking more across the lines of Banjo Kazooie which they still own. Assuming they don't butcher it into oblivion like Nuts and Bolts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!