30 replies to this topic

#1 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:43 AM

http://www.joystiq.c...ii-wii-u-sales/

Philips, the personal care, lighting and healthcare technology company, has filed a complaint for patent infringement against Nintendo, according to a document on Scribd. The complaint alleges Nintendo infringes on Philips' patent '379, "Virtual Body Control Device," with the Wii, Wii Remote Plus Controller, Wii Remote Controller, Wii Nunchuk Controller, Wii MotionPlus, Wii Balance Board, Wii U, Wii U GamePad and Wii Mini.

Philips says it sent notice of induced infringement to Nintendo on December 16, 2011, and since then Nintendo has deliberately infringed on its patent: "The December 16, 2011 notice letter provided Nintendo with knowledge of Nintendo's and its users' infringement. Moreover, Nintendo has with specific intent or willful blindness, actively and knowingly induced infringement of the '379 patent."

Philips alleges a second instance of patent infringement, this one number '231, "User Interface System Based on Pointing Device." Philips provided notice to Nintendo of patent '231 on the filing date of its complaint, May 14, 2014.

Considering Nintendo's infringement has been "deliberate and willful," Philips is seeking damages up to three times the amount inflicted by Nintendo's continued use of these products in the US. Plus, the complaint seeks to prohibit Nintendo from "making, using, selling, offering for sale, and importing within the United States" the Wii family of products.

ib1DrdwPP2kIGa.gif

Edited by DreamCat, 16 May 2014 - 12:33 PM.

#2 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:56 PM

so what about sony and microsoft? 

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#3 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:13 PM

It's frivolous.
Their claim on the patent would include the Wii too, which was released a long time ago, so why have they been sitting on their patent claim for so long without suing?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#4 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 07 June 2014 - 12:25 PM

I hate doing What if posts but What if Wii U is actaully banned from US???

#5 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 12:41 PM

Sell your WiiU now as anyone who owns one can be put in Jail for owning illegal hardware starting in July unless you pay 350$ to Phillips with an apology note.

#6 WiiUCDN

WiiUCDN

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • NNID:knightwarrior85
  • Fandom:
    Wii U, Sonic , Mario.

Posted 07 June 2014 - 04:06 PM

This is stupid...Never buy Phillips products again dully noted. There's no way the Wii U will EVER be banned in the US. Why wait till now is my question when the Wii came out a few years ago in 2006???  Nintendo will win, I have no doubt.

Edited by WiiUCDN, 07 June 2014 - 04:09 PM.

#7 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 07 June 2014 - 11:25 PM

Sell your WiiU now as anyone who owns one can be put in Jail for owning illegal hardware starting in July unless you pay 350$ to Phillips with an apology note.

Then what after??? Will nintendo release a new console????

#8 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:18 AM

After that Nintendo will probably release a new one that's similar to the Wii U but uses different tech that phillips doesn't own. Might even be more powerful, and will probably get more third party support too.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#9 pexpress

pexpress

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:18 AM

for probably yes but more powerful i'm not sure

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

galaxy note 3 réduction samsung galaxy note 3

Edited by pexpress, 09 June 2014 - 09:18 AM.

#10 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:10 PM

Nintendo buys Sega and make Dreamcast 2

#11 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 08 June 2014 - 01:01 PM

After that Nintendo will probably release a new one that's similar to the Wii U but uses different tech that phillips doesn't own. Might even be more powerful, and will probably get more third party support too.

phillips "own" the wiimote.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#12 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:52 PM

phillips "own" the wiimote.

Shhhh!

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#13 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:11 AM

Phillips might want to be careful here.<br /><br />They are no longer really in the electronic entertainment department. Theyve transitioned to medical products... Particularly medical uality of life products.<br /><br />Nintendo is notorious for taking down companies that lose to their laywer ninjas.... and taking large chunks or even the entirety of their patent portfolios.<br /><br />And guess what business Nintendo is looking at getting into....

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#14 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:26 AM

Phillips might want to be careful here.<br /><br />They are no longer really in the electronic entertainment department. Theyve transitioned to medical products... Particularly medical uality of life products.<br /><br />Nintendo is notorious for taking down companies that lose to their laywer ninjas.... and taking large chunks or even the entirety of their patent portfolios.<br /><br />And guess what business Nintendo is looking at getting into....

medical? They gonna sue Ninty for Quality of Life. 

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#15 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:53 PM

I don't think the people who bought a Wii U would go to jail for using their product they bought. That's why companies are sued for damages.

Usually what happens is the company who is infringing on the patent pays some sort of lump sum. The only time I can think of in modern history that didn't happen right away is with the rumble in the PS3 controller.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#16 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:43 PM

I don't think the people who bought a Wii U would go to jail for using their product they bought. That's why companies are sued for damages.

Usually what happens is the company who is infringing on the patent pays some sort of lump sum. The only time I can think of in modern history that didn't happen right away is with the rumble in the PS3 controller.

Someone missed the joke

#17 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:49 AM

Someone missed the joke

:'(

There was a joke?
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#18 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:17 AM

Rimshot1.gif

:'(

There was a joke?

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#19 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:16 PM

It will do, you have no choice but to move out of the country or sell your Wii u for something else, better think of something quick before police will track your Wii U ID and pinpoint it's location to your house, within minutes they'll arrest you for owning a banned product and you'll be sentenced for a few years give or take. 

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#20 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:46 PM

Someone missed the joke

There was a joke? :(

Who missed it?

But in all seriousness, this is really pathetic. I expect crap like this from petty people who need money because they can't make any products good enough for people to buy. Guess Phillips falls under that category now.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!