magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:25 PM

But seriously, this game is really racist though. Just look at how Italians are portrayed in the game.

Edited by Squall Leonhart, 18 May 2014 - 10:30 PM.

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#22 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:17 AM

They're cartoon characters, who cares what colour their skin is? 

Also, most of Nintendo's characters originate from the 80s and 90s, when diversity wasn't as big of an issue as it is today. Not to mention Nintendo are a Japanese developer, so perhaps their games are a reflection of their fairly closed society?

Not saying Nintendo shouldn't have any characters that are of ethnic origin, but I don't know why it is such a big deal either way since they are only cartoon characters in a video game and are not a reflection of real-life in any way whatsoever.

#23 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:05 AM

Also, most of Nintendo's characters originate from the 80s and 90s, when diversity wasn't as big of an issue as it is today. Not to mention Nintendo are a Japanese developer, so perhaps their games are a reflection of their fairly closed society?

Not saying Nintendo shouldn't have any characters that are of ethnic origin, but I don't know why it is such a big deal either way since they are only cartoon characters in a video game and are not a reflection of real-life in any way whatsoever.

Exactly.

I'm not saying Nintendo should exclude characters of different skin colour either. It was brought up by the reviewer as he was high on the Nintendo bandwagon of non gay marriage in their other title.

Has this even been brought up before in any reviews for previous Mario Karts? No.

It's like me saying I was "overwhelmed" by the black singers in Destiny's Child and they should have had "more skin colour diversity" to please other ethnic groups.

#24 Dr.Legendaddy

Dr.Legendaddy

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • NNID:Dr.Legendaddy
  • Fandom:
    Lucas, Wario, King Triple D

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:36 AM

(including Toad and Toadette)

WTF since when are humans and mushrooms the same species xD

and who should they give different ethnicities? Wario? I think THAT would be racist lol

but seriosly complete nonsense I also think that the article is meant as a joke

Edited by Dr.Legendaddy, 19 May 2014 - 09:38 AM.

wario_land_4__animated_miniwario_avi_set[7HzG] Our clans website please feel free to check us out or to join us: http://7hzg.webs.com/

We're on many Nintendo and PC Games represented always looking to have a good time together :ph34r:

Steam: DrUSA7

NNID:Dr.Legendaddy, 7HzG_Legendaddy(BLOPSII)

#25 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:48 AM

You need to read the actual review, and see for yourself what was said and what wasnt, because you are very clearly under the wrong impression of the situation, the purposeful intent of the fud article in the op. You are dangerously close to joining toilet snaker in inadvertantly saying outragous things like you need to keep blacks out of mario kart to keep it innocent.

The only people who are making a big deal out of this are the ones who are crapping in their hands and throwing it everywhere because someone DARED to suggest a game with an audience as diverse as mario kart, could inclusively represent them.

You dont need a reason, and you dont need past precedence to be inclusive, thats the entire point. You also dont need to factor the observation into the review itself, which the reviewer in fact did not do. The observation had no effect on the score, which was a glowing review at a high 8.8.

But if you DO want a reason.
http://www.pastemaga...view-wii-u.html

The disgusting sub human filth making these comments is all the reason you should need. If mario kart DID have a 15+ year history of culturally diverse human players, these crap stains wouldnt be behaving like this, which is MORE than enough reason.This is absolutely disgusting. Do not throw in with scum like this.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#26 Mesan3

Mesan3

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • NNID:mesan3
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Dragon ball, trombone

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:14 PM

Because all it  takes is one character like John Stewart Green Lantern to make people feel included. People keep on saying "it's just a video game, why does race matter?,"  because it's probably one of the best platforms to show inclusion. In a way, it tells people they can take part no matter the race or the gender the same way static shock, John Stewart or Wonder Woman does.

#27 Ocarina of Time

Ocarina of Time

Spiny

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:16 PM

Reading the comments from that review are horrible...

People are seriously telling this person to go die.

#28 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 19 May 2014 - 01:45 PM

You need to read the actual review, and see for yourself what was said and what wasnt, because you are very clearly under the wrong impression of the situation, the purposeful intent of the fud article in the op. You are dangerously close to joining toilet snaker in inadvertantly saying outragous things like you need to keep blacks out of mario kart to keep it innocent.

The only people who are making a big deal out of this are the ones who are crapping in their hands and throwing it everywhere because someone DARED to suggest a game with an audience as diverse as mario kart, could inclusively represent them.

You dont need a reason, and you dont need past precedence to be inclusive, thats the entire point. You also dont need to factor the observation into the review itself, which the reviewer in fact did not do. The observation had no effect on the score, which was a glowing review at a high 8.8.

But if you DO want a reason.
http://www.pastemaga...view-wii-u.html

The disgusting sub human filth making these comments is all the reason you should need. If mario kart DID have a 15+ year history of culturally diverse human players, these crap stains wouldnt be behaving like this, which is MORE than enough reason.This is absolutely disgusting. Do not throw in with scum like this.

Yeah I know it's only "fans" making a big deal out of this. I still think that Nintendo being from a completely different culture and the majority of characters in mario kart originating from the 80s or 90s are big factors in Mario Kart's apparent lack of diversity.

If someone said something about Nintendo's lack of diversity in general however, I would agree that introducing a few more ethnic characters would be a good thing.

#29 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:04 PM

Hunter, on 19 May 2014 - 6:00 PM, said:
Yeah I know it's only "fans" making a big deal out of this. I still think that Nintendo being from a completely different culture and the majority of characters in mario kart originating from the 80s or 90s are big factors in Mario Kart's apparent lack of diversity.

If someone said something about Nintendo's lack of diversity in general however, I would agree that introducing a few more ethnic characters would be a good thing.

Oh it absolutely is. Nintendo is a Japanese company, and Japan has a very homogenous culture. This isnt really about trying to place blame, or trying to find reasons why or why not, thats why this had no effect on the review score.

This is about raising awareness. How else would an insular company like nintendo realize that this is a thing they could do to make people from other cultures feel more included?

Nintendo is a great company to bring this up with, especially with a game like mario kart, because, as dense and slow as nintendo is with certain things, once its brought to their attention, they will absolutely do it, and with charm and class.

It would certainly be better than half a roster of babies.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#30 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:00 PM

You are dangerously close to joining toilet snaker in inadvertantly saying outragous things like you need to keep blacks out of mario kart to keep it innocent.

Don't put words in my mouth, I said nothing of the sort.

Most people don't care what race or colour characters are in games, neither do I. You seem to have an unhealthy obsession however on this subject, which is worrying.

Get a grip on reality and go bathe in your own self righteousness.

Not worth my time replying to this clown anymore, a conversation with a curtain would yield more inspiration.

And...

get-off-your-high-horse.jpg

#31 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:58 AM

Most people don't care what race or colour characters are in games, neither do I.

Jews care.
Where's the Jew representation in Creed Cart 8 ?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#32 LavenderTownGhost

LavenderTownGhost

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • NNID:LavenderGhost8
  • Fandom:
    Mario Bros., Pokemon, Super Smash Bros.

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:41 PM

Oh my God, NO WAY.

That's pretty sad, though. He/she needs to spend his/her time worrying about something else.

"I look spooky, but I'm really quite nice!"

"Halloween is every day!" -Sharon Needles

#33 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:31 PM

Don't put words in my mouth, I said nothing of the sort.
Most people don't care what race or colour characters are in games, neither do I. You seem to have an unhealthy obsession however on this subject, which is worrying.

Get a grip on reality and go bathe in your own self righteousness.
Not worth my time replying to this clown anymore, a conversation with a curtain would yield more inspiration.

And...

get-off-your-high-horse.jpg

Dont put words in YOUR MOUTH?

The hypocrisy in the air is so thick I need a chainsaw to cut it. The very TITLE OF YOUR TOPIC is shoving a LOADED BUZZWORD that Casey malone NEVER SAID down his throat.

Unfortunately, im not putting words in your mouth. Im following the logic argument you posited to its inevitable conclusion.

Which is, 'in order to keep mario kart innocent, you can not even TALK, about letting colored people in the game'.

And as Ive stated multiple times, i know you arent racist, you are just privileged. Which is why you are defending a videogame from an 'attack' that never happened, at the expense of ignoring other people.

No the people with the obsession are the ones posting threads about it using loaded buzzwords and false accusations, and those leaving hundreds upon hundreds of vicious insults, threats, attacks, under multiple accounts created for that purpose only.

Oh my God, NO WAY.

That's pretty sad, though. He/she needs to spend his/her time worrying about something else.

And you are off to a crappy start.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#34 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:59 PM

To be honest I don't like Casey Malone or his Social Justice propoganda. After doing even more digging I find that this isn't the first time he's pulled the Social Justice card. The first time, or probably not the first really, actually got the project he talked about shut down and possibly got a lot of hate mail sent to the guy he talked about, but people still need to calm down evenif he is just getting the same thing he caused for someone else. Regardless that's not why I'm posting this. I'm posting this because this debacle lead me to an amazing blog. 

http://sjwatcher.blo...ally-it-is.html

I laughed so hard. Also this is the first(Second third whatever) time he did it if you're wondering.

http://sjwatcher.blo...s-they-get.html

http://www.washingto...94cc_story.html

^I don't think Malone should be getting all this hate but this makes me look at him a lot differently than just a guy who had a problem with a lack of diversity. That isn't to say I disagree with him either because he does make some good points here. Anyway meh cuz I'm not agreeing either.

http://caseymalone.c...ucking-harmless

PS: http://sjwatcher.blo...man-malone.html

You know who else had a problem with books? Hitler! http://tvtropes.org/.../HitlerAteSugar

Jaysus. It's always been obvious but it's just propoganda from all sides. Seems no one is perfect here.

Edited by Gimbal, 25 May 2014 - 07:13 PM.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#35 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 07:12 PM

Gimbal, on 25 May 2014 - 11:14 PM, said:
To be honest I don't like Casey Malone or his Social Justice propoganda. After doing even more digging I find that this isn't the first time he's pulled the Social Justice card. The first time, or probably not the first really, actually got the project he talked about shut down and possibly got a lot of hate mail sent to the guy he talked about,but people still need to calm down evenif he is just getting the same thing he caused for someone else. Regardless that's not why I'm posting this. I'm posting this because this debacle lead me to an amazing blog.

http://sjwatcher.blo...ally-it-is.html

I laughed so hard. Also this is the first(Second third whatever) time he did it if you're wondering.

http://sjwatcher.blo...s-they-get.html
http://www.washingto...94cc_story.html

^I don't think Malone should be getting all this hate but this makes me look at him a lot differently than just a guy who had a problem with a lack of diversity.

PS: http://sjwatcher.blo...man-malone.html

You know who else had a problem with books? Hitler! http://tvtropes.org/.../HitlerAteSugar

Jaysus. It's always been obvious but it's just propoganda from all sides. Seems no one is perfect here.

Do you actually have a link to what malone ACTUALLY said, or do the only side of this we get to see is the forothing tin foil hat supporter?

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#36 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 25 May 2014 - 07:16 PM

Do you actually have a link to what malone ACTUALLY said, or do the only side of this we get to see is the forothing tin foil hat supporter?

I post then edit a lot. You have to wait for it sometimes haha.

Edited by Gimbal, 25 May 2014 - 07:17 PM.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#37 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 07:21 PM

I post then edit a lot. You have to wait for it sometimes haha.

Heh. So do I.

I found it.

“Decide that you’re going to sit in a position where you can rub her leg and back. Physically pick her up and sit her on your lap. Don’t ask for permission. Be dominant. Force her to rebuff your advances.”
“Sex
Pull out your turkey and put her hand on it. Remember, she is letting you do this because you have established yourself as a LEADER. Don’t ask for permission, GRAB HER HAND, and put it right on your dick.”
 - Source

SO. Now I am no longer rolling my eyes.

Yeah, no. Malone was right on the money. If that guy wants to publish his rape guide, he can do it with his own money.

And interestingly enough, a large amount of concern was for the simple minded MALES who would read this and be desperate/stupid enough to try it.

This isn’t harmless. People come to these boards because they are scared of being humiliated, and they are saying to the world, “Tell me what to do, because I don’t know what to do.” And this guy has chosen to tell them, “You should be a rapist.”

And hes right. Hes absolutely right. Just look at this thread. Look how many knee jerk reactions went off, doing exactly what they were told to do, without even thinking about it, just, immediately, thoughtlessly doing what they were told, even though the entire premise was a huge lie.

And he didnt get it taken down. Thousands of people who didnt want kickstarter to be used for this kind of garbage did. If it was just him it would be nothing more than a fart in the wind.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#38 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 25 May 2014 - 07:45 PM

Heh. So do I.

I found it.

“Decide that you’re going to sit in a position where you can rub her leg and back. Physically pick her up and sit her on your lap. Don’t ask for permission. Be dominant. Force her to rebuff your advances.”
“Sex
Pull out your turkey and put her hand on it. Remember, she is letting you do this because you have established yourself as a LEADER. Don’t ask for permission, GRAB HER HAND, and put it right on your dick.”
 - Source

SO. Now I am no longer rolling my eyes.

Yeah, no. Malone was right on the money. If that guy wants to publish his rape guide, he can do it with his own money.

And interestingly enough, a large amount of concern was for the simple minded MALES who would read this and be desperate/stupid enough to try it.

This isn’t harmless. People come to these boards because they are scared of being humiliated, and they are saying to the world, “Tell me what to do, because I don’t know what to do.” And this guy has chosen to tell them, “You should be a rapist.”

And hes right. Hes absolutely right. Just look at this thread. Look how many knee jerk reactions went off, doing exactly what they were told to do, without even thinking about it, just, immediately, thoughtlessly doing what they were told, even though the entire premise was a huge lie.

And he didnt get it taken down. Thousands of people who didnt want kickstarter to be used for this kind of garbage did. If it was just him it would be nothing more than a fart in the wind.

I don't really see it as a rape guide(more like don't be shy AT ALL, which is probably a huge mistake but meh I don't know, and if you're in the bedroom ready to have sex I assume you don't have to ask permission for the hand thing but I know nothing about sex and I'm not sure if that was the actual premise described in the book or if they just happened to be in a bedroom), but I can see how it'd be a problem to a lot of people. Like I said(in the edit heh) I don't really have an opinion on this one. I don't know anything about relationships in the first place.

Still, when I read the excerpt the initial "don't ask permission" thing didn't bug me but the "try again in a few minutes" thing did. If she said no the first time she probably meant it, though I have seen cases where the girl actually does want them to try again(in movies XD) I don't think everyone should be doing that. Probably crossing a line there assuming it wasn't crossed at the "don't ask permission" part which probably depends on the girl, but again I wouldn't know.

Edited by Gimbal, 25 May 2014 - 07:51 PM.

#39 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 07:57 PM

Gimbal, on 26 May 2014 - 12:00 AM, said:
I don't really see it as a rape guide(more like don't be shy AT ALL, which is probably a huge mistake but meh I don't know, and if you're in the bedroom ready to have sex I assume you don't have to ask permission for the hand thing but I know nothing about sex and I'm not sure if that was the actual premise described in the book or if they just happened to be in a bedroom), but I can see how it'd be a problem to a lot of people. Like I said(in the edit heh) I don't really have an opinion on this one. I don't know anything about relationships in the first place. That said the initial "don't ask permission" thing doesn't bug me but the "try again in a few minutes" thing does. If she said no the first time she probably meant it, though I have seen cases where the girl actually does want them to try again(in movies XD) I don't think everyone should be doing that. Probably crossing a line there assuming it wasn't crossed at the "don't ask permission" part which probably depends on the girl, but again I wouldn't know.

Oh no man. Hes talking about in public. He says to take them to a dim unpopulated corner of the bar.

'Decide arbitrarily to move to another section of the bar, or park, or wherever you are. When you do, put your hand on the small of her back. "Come on, let's move over there." or "Let's go check the other side of the bar out. Come on." '

'Try to hold hands, or sit her on your lap. Let your legs touch each other under the table as the sexual tension builds. Force yourself to get comfortable doing it - there is no way around it.'

This is with someone you JUST sat down next to.

'All the greatest seducers in history could not keep their hands off of women. They aggressively escalated physically with every woman they were flirting with. They began touching them immediately, kept great body language and eye contact, and were shameless in their physicality. Even when a girl rejects your advances, she KNOWS that you desire her. That's hot. It arouses her physically and psychologically.'

If you start groping a girl like he suggests you have committed sexual assault, and should she report you, you could be in serious trouble. If you fall under ucmj, it can easily be the end of your military career and the beginning of a jail sentence.

This is a guide on how to get in serious, serious, trouble.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#40 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:04 PM

Oh no man. Hes talking about in public. He says to take them to a dim unpopulated corner of the bar.

'Decide arbitrarily to move to another section of the bar, or park, or wherever you are. When you do, put your hand on the small of her back. "Come on, let's move over there." or "Let's go check the other side of the bar out. Come on." '

'Try to hold hands, or sit her on your lap. Let your legs touch each other under the table as the sexual tension builds. Force yourself to get comfortable doing it - there is no way around it.'

This is with someone you JUST sat down next to.

'All the greatest seducers in history could not keep their hands off of women. They aggressively escalated physically with every woman they were flirting with. They began touching them immediately, kept great body language and eye contact, and were shameless in their physicality. Even when a girl rejects your advances, she KNOWS that you desire her. That's hot. It arouses her physically and psychologically.'

If you start groping a girl like he suggests you have committed sexual assault, and should she report you, you could be in serious trouble. If you fall under ucmj, it can easily be the end of your military career and the beginning of a jail sentence.

This is a guide on how to get in serious, serious, trouble.

Yeah that swayed my opinion a bit. I was assuming they'd been together for at least a few days/was okay to playfully put her on your lap. I don't think there's any way a girl you just met would let you do that, at least not 98%...without being drunk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!