KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:07 PM

i personally don't use adblock because i want to support the sitez i go on that benefit from ads (like this one).

but yeah, patcher is an idiot. and musicians make almost no money from ads (unless they're youtubers).

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#3 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:09 PM

I'm not watching that video, but I'm guessing he's butthurt because being stupid isn't paying as well anymore?

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#4 SteventheSlayer

SteventheSlayer

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Fandom:
    Old-School Nintendo Fan

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:20 PM

I'm not watching that video, but I'm guessing he's butthurt because being stupid isn't paying as well anymore?

Depends on whom you are referring to as "him".

I don't even...

#5 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:28 PM

I have no intention of referencing him by name.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#6 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:34 PM

I have no intention of referencing him by name.

pa pa pac pa paaauuuu pa pa pa pa pauuuu

i8AyqmM9StnZA.jpg

#7 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:22 PM

i personally don't use adblock because i want to support the sitez i go on that benefit from ads (like this one).

but yeah, patcher is an idiot. and musicians make almost no money from ads (unless they're youtubers).

You can whitelist certain websites so that adblock doesn't block their ads, so there's really absolutely no reason to not use it.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#8 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:24 PM

He just mad because he gets Adblocked at night.

Spoiler

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#9 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:08 PM

1. Your argument "Slow internet speed" was debunked as soon as you showed the 1.5 MB/s, I get slower and I run ads just fine. perfect actually. 

2. A TON of independent sights are online that only make money through ads + are unknown to big companies (thus can't be paid) and are usually reliable... what's your argument for those sites?

3. A company would probably make around 200k from ad revenue of a music video if it gets 150 mil views. even more from lyric videos, covers, etc so it's still a lot of money ALSO, again, independent music creators make their money from ad revenue. 

4. How does blocking adblock want people to use adblock more?!? Da hell kind of logic is that!

Seriously these people are so narrow minded. A ton of people make their living from ad revenue, you see it everywhere, 

The only time I've ever used adblock was on my laptop on certain sites, some sites put like 14 ads on the page and it slowed down the laptop and I could barley do things.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#10 SteventheSlayer

SteventheSlayer

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Fandom:
    Old-School Nintendo Fan

Posted 19 May 2014 - 05:51 PM

1. Your argument "Slow internet speed" was debunked as soon as you showed the 1.5 MB/s, I get slower and I run ads just fine. perfect actually. 

The only time I've ever used adblock was on my laptop on certain sites, some sites put like 14 ads on the page and it slowed down the laptop and I could barley do things.

Quote aside, I'm still using adblock, while whitelisting a couple sites where I think they need and deserve the revenue.

/soapbox.

I don't even...

#11 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:39 PM

You can whitelist certain websites so that adblock doesn't block their ads, so there's really absolutely no reason to not use it.

Yeah but I barely go on sites that I wouldn't whitelist, so no point in going to all that effort for something I'm not gonna use :P

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#12 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:58 AM

Quote aside, I'm still using adblock, while whitelisting a couple sites where I think they need and deserve the revenue.
/soapbox.

I don't mean slow as in the page was loading slow or videos didn't load, I mean it was using too much power on my laptop that it started lagging, and when I wanted to watch the video it was have about 5 fps

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!