• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 03:02 PM

Sounds delicious and will be Nintendo licensed, while a choice of themed character designs too.

No images or info other than it will be Gamecube-like and will be a Wired Fight Pad (probably for SSB).

PDP will be doing most of the work but I ordered a PDP grip for my Vita when i had one and it was really good quality.

http://www.polygon.c...fight-pad-wii-u

Edit: Sorry villager, just noticed you have this info in your status.

Edited by Toilet_Snaker, 21 May 2014 - 03:09 PM.

#2 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 03:22 PM

I might buy one. I problably won't buy more of the set, as I have both the CC and CCP and the only games that need more than two classic controllers are a couple N64 games of mine.

Or maybe I'll wait until Nintendo allows third party ppro controllers and they make a gamecube style controller that doesn't need the wiimote

Edited by grahamf, 21 May 2014 - 03:25 PM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#3 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 21 May 2014 - 03:34 PM

I might buy one. I problably won't buy more of the set, as I have both the CC and CCP and the only games that need more than two classic controllers are a couple N64 games of mine.

Or maybe I'll wait until Nintendo allows third party ppro controllers and they make a gamecube style controller that doesn't need the wiimote

They allow it, doesn't the nyko one work?

Stupid Snowmads!

#4 Ruuffur

Ruuffur

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:48 PM

Ugh I'd rather have a WiiU Pro Controller in the shape of a GC controller, than this wii classic controller.

Better than nothing i suppose though.

#5 itsdavebaby

itsdavebaby

Blooper

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Fandom:
    Futurama

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:37 AM

Wish it were wireless.

#6 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:36 AM

Wish it were wireless.

It's intended to be a fight pad so they want zero latency I imagine, just like how fighting game fans will always pick USB arcade sticks over wireless.

#7 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:08 AM

Although there are few better ways (aside from being wireless), it sucks that it has to rely on the Wii Remote, like the Classic Controller on the Wii did. Those things have horrible batteries that I have to replace every time I haven't played the console in a little while.

Still I plan on picking one up. Especially if it works as a Classic Controller. I don't have one of those, and it would be great to have it for VC games, at least.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#8 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:45 AM

It's intended to be a fight pad so they want zero latency I imagine, just like how fighting game fans will always pick USB arcade sticks over wireless.

it connects to the Wiimote which last i checked was wireless.

they're just trying to avoid the cost of a battery bay and wireless chip

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#9 LavenderTownGhost

LavenderTownGhost

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • NNID:LavenderGhost8
  • Fandom:
    Mario Bros., Pokemon, Super Smash Bros.

Posted 25 May 2014 - 01:35 PM

Thank goodness! This is literally the only way I can play Mario Kart and SSB.

"I look spooky, but I'm really quite nice!"

"Halloween is every day!" -Sharon Needles

#10 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:21 PM

Thank goodness! This is literally the only way I can play Mario Kart and SSB.

Do you play smash competitively?

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#11 LavenderTownGhost

LavenderTownGhost

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:36 PM

Do you play smash competitively?

Oh heck naw. I'm not any good, haha. Just for fun. Mario Kart, yes.

#12 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:52 PM

Oh heck naw. I'm not any good, haha. Just for fun. Mario Kart, yes.

Dang, was hoping for some more competitive players round here. Ah well, to each there own. Maybe I'll wreck you in Mario Kart sometime though :P

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#13 EskobarM92

EskobarM92

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • NNID:EskobarM92

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:40 PM

A Gamecube controller would be awesome

Eskobar+M92.png

Wii U: EskobarM92, Xbox One: Eskobar M92, PS4: Eskobar-M92

#14 LavenderTownGhost

LavenderTownGhost

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:55 PM

Dang, was hoping for some more competitive players round here. Ah well, to each there own. Maybe I'll wreck you in Mario Kart sometime though :P

I've tried to get good at SSB for so long and it's not even funny how badly I still suck. Aww, it's too bad that Mario Kart Wii Wi-Fi is gone now. :( I'd make you eat your words! .........Hopefully. XD I fail at smack talk.

#15 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 25 May 2014 - 07:50 PM

I've tried to get good at SSB for so long and it's not even funny how badly I still suck. Aww, it's too bad that Mario Kart Wii Wi-Fi is gone now. :( I'd make you eat your words! .........Hopefully. XD I fail at smack talk.

Well how are you trying to get better? It's not too hard if you know how.

And a tip with smack talk, don't end with "hopefully" lol

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#16 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 11:01 PM

I am pretty happy with Pro controller. PDP makes horrible stuff. Also while GCN controller was comfy then c stick was ass and Dpad was way to small and off the side. I did like the big A button and satellite buttons. I still have my Wavebird. Only new WiiU controller I want is a blue Pro.

#17 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:31 AM

Being Nintendo licensed, I wonder if this Gamecube clone controller is intended also for GC Virtual Console games...? Assuming it has analog triggers.

#18 LavenderTownGhost

LavenderTownGhost

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:08 PM

Well how are you trying to get better? It's not too hard if you know how.

And a tip with smack talk, don't end with "hopefully" lol

The only way I know how to get better is simply by playing a bunch of people who are better than me. In any case, that's how I got better at Mario Kart Wii. As far as SSB goes, it's just not happening...

Yeah, I know. XD

#19 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:49 PM

The only way I know how to get better is simply by playing a bunch of people who are better than me. In any case, that's how I got better at Mario Kart Wii. As far as SSB goes, it's just not happening...

Yeah, I know. XD

Well if you're playing by non-competitive rules, there really isn't any point. The game is incredibly random, so being able to win consecutively is really really hard. :S

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#20 WiiUCDN

WiiUCDN

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • NNID:knightwarrior85
  • Fandom:
    Wii U, Sonic , Mario.

Posted 27 May 2014 - 07:55 PM

Controller accessories were everywhere in the Wii era, with various companies fighting over a piece of the sizeable, tasty pie of the system's sales. We can expect that trend to continue to some degree with the Wii U, though the uptake has been slower due to its smaller fan-base to date. Fear not, third-party controller fans, there is a product coming out this Holiday season with which you can stuff your festive stocking, clearly designed to tap into the upcoming Super Smash Bros. craze.

We say it's for Wii U, which is only technically true. PDP (Performance Designed Products) has announced the "Wired Fight Pad" 'for Wii U', but in reality it's merely compatible with Nintendo's latest system by virtue of its support for Wii controllers. As the name suggests this is wired, and mimics the Classic Controller / Classic Controller Pro setup by plugging into a Wii Remote — if a game supports the Wii Classic Controller range — as the upcoming Super Smash Bros. surely will — then this will work.

That's not particularly impressive in itself, though more pleasing is confirmation that the design will take inspiration from the original GameCube controller, and courtesy of an official license with Nintendo will have a design featuring characters "such as Mario, Yoshi, and Princess Peach". It'll hit North America this Holiday season at a price of $24.99.

As you can see in the image above, PDP has previously released controllers — and many other accessories — on the Wii and other systems, in that case mimicking a mini-fight stick setup; with Wii U owners keen to use a GameCube-style controller on their new system, this could be an intriguing option.

We'll reach out to the company to check if a prototype image is available. In the meantime let us know if this is a controller you're interested in picking up at the end of the year.

http://www.nintendol...r_wii_and_wii_u

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!