Photo

The Wii might as well be a Gamecube system now !

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 WiiUCDN

WiiUCDN

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • NNID:knightwarrior85
  • Fandom:
    Wii U, Sonic , Mario.

Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:19 AM

I mean think about it, the Wii U can't play Gamecube games and the Wii can ! The first one is the original one capable of playing Wii and Gamecube games. This is RVL-001. It's the Wii that comes with the stand so it can sit vertically. In order to use a GCN game, you must have a gamecube memory card and a gamecube controller.

Nintendo shut down the Wi-Fi Connection service for DS and Wii on May 20, 2014. What is the point of a Wii anymore as most people will probably want to get a Wii U, like me that owns one. Is the Wii still worth buying if you use it as a Gamecube. Thoughts....

I know a store that sells plenty of Gamecube games......

Edited by WiiUCDN, 24 May 2014 - 09:24 AM.

#2 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:28 AM

What

Edited by Blake, 24 May 2014 - 09:28 AM.

#3 WiiUCDN

WiiUCDN

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Fandom:
    Wii U, Sonic , Mario.

Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:30 AM

What

I'm saying the only use for a Wii right now might as well be to play Gamecube Games, otherwise the system seems to be pretty much retiring.

#4 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:32 AM

I use my Wii U for Wii U games, and I simply picked up an old gamecube and stuck my memory card in it. And it came with the lan adaptor and gameboy advance adaptor, so it's more than what the Wii was capable of.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#5 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:34 AM

Most good games on Wii don't need wifi. If you have homebrew or that thing nollog posted can still take Wii online. It plays Wii games. Wii came out 8 years ago so of course WiiU and Nintendo and people move on. Otherwise Nintendo would be SEGA how sega was supporting 8 yes 8 consoles at the same time. Nintendo is at 4 right now trying to twiddle it down to 2.

#6 WiiUCDN

WiiUCDN

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Fandom:
    Wii U, Sonic , Mario.

Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:36 AM

I use my Wii U for Wii U games, and I simply picked up an old gamecube and stuck my memory card in it. And it came with the lan adaptor and gameboy advance adaptor, so it's more than what the Wii was capable of.

Ah yes, that makes more sense I guess. I'm just thinking about if your somebody like me who already owns a Wii U and can go on the internet With Wi - fi it might not be a bad idea for Wii U owners to get it to play GC games. And Yea, it's GREAT if you put Homebrew on the Wii.

Edited by WiiUCDN, 24 May 2014 - 09:59 AM.

#7 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:37 AM

Ah yes, that makes more sense I guess. I'm just thinking about if your somebody like me who already owns a Wii U and can go on the internet With Wi = fi it might not be a bad idea for Wii U owners to get it to play GC games.

Ah yes, that makes more sense I guess. I'm just thinking about if your somebody like me who already owns a Wii U and can go on the internet With Wi = fi it might not be a bad idea for Wii U owners to get it to play GC games.

You can say that again and again and again and again.

#8 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:38 AM

http://nintendoevery...ction-shutdown/

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#9 WiiUCDN

WiiUCDN

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Fandom:
    Wii U, Sonic , Mario.

Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:39 AM

You can say that again and again and again and again

LOL, it was giving me trouble and it came out several times so I had to edit my post.

Edited by WiiUCDN, 24 May 2014 - 09:40 AM.

#10 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:01 AM

Ah yes, that makes more sense I guess. I'm just thinking about if your somebody like me who already owns a Wii U and can go on the internet With Wi - fi it might not be a bad idea for Wii U owners to get it to play GC games. And Yea, it's GREAT if you put Homebrew on the Wii.

I do kind of have to agree with this in a way - With the WiiConnect servers being shut off, you need to connect to a unofficial server which currently requires Homebrew. I don't know how difficult it is to use and keep homebrew on the Wii U's Wii mode.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#11 WiiUCDN

WiiUCDN

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Fandom:
    Wii U, Sonic , Mario.

Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:19 AM

I do kind of have to agree with this in a way - With the WiiConnect servers being shut off, you need to connect to a unofficial server which currently requires Homebrew. I don't know how difficult it is to use and keep homebrew on the Wii U's Wii mode.

WARNING: THIS WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY ON YOUR WII U. IF YOUR NOT WILLING TO DO THIS I RECOMMEND JUST GETTING A NORMAL WII AND CONNECTING TO THEIR SERVER OR GETTING A WII LAN ADAPTER. THEIR SERVER CANNOT BE USED TO PLAY WII GAMES ONLINE AND NEITHER CAN YOU USE A WII LAN ADAPTER FOR PLAYING ONLINE.

Edited by WiiUCDN, 24 May 2014 - 01:16 PM.

#12 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 25 May 2014 - 01:40 PM

EDIT: I have no idea where I was going with this... Sorry. >.<

The value for me, is in the GCN controller. =P

Edited by Envy, 25 May 2014 - 01:42 PM.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#13 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 11:03 PM

WARNING: THIS WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY ON YOUR WII U. IF YOUR NOT WILLING TO DO THIS I RECOMMEND JUST GETTING A NORMAL WII AND CONNECTING TO THEIR SERVER OR GETTING A WII LAN ADAPTER. THEIR SERVER CANNOT BE USED TO PLAY WII GAMES ONLINE AND NEITHER CAN YOU USE A WII LAN ADAPTER FOR PLAYING ONLINE.

Letterbomb is easier and better than the smash exploit. All you do is put a couple files on a SD card. Put the SD car din wii then launch letter bomb from the messaged and bam Homebrew installed.

#14 QueenRosalina

QueenRosalina

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:39 PM

I still held onto my Wii for Gamecube games, but I wouldn't mind more HD remakes like WW received. Twilight Princess and Mario Sunshine would be great with boosted graphics :D

#15 Insanejawa

Insanejawa

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:34 AM

That's what I am using my Wii for now. Mostly because it takes up less space under my TV than the GC did, even though I had the GB adapter block on the GC I need the space. Plus I bought two of the games that I regularly played on that LoZ Link to the Past and Metroid Fusion for the VC on Wii U, just waiting for Castlevania to pop up hopefully.

#16 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:27 AM

You can use the WiiU for WiiU+Wii games and the GC for GC games or the WiiU for WiiU games and the Wii for Wii+GC games. If the letterbomb works with the WiiU I suppose it doesn't differ that much, otherwise I'd choose the Wii over the GC because of Homebrew.

Edited by storabajskorven, 03 June 2014 - 05:29 AM.

#17 Turnip

Turnip

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • NNID:TurniPwaa

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:17 AM

They closed the Wii servers?  Damn, didn't know that, seems weird seeing as its still so widely used, maybe it was an attempt to push Wii U sales.

Take it you can't connect to the internet on Wii games through the Wii U's Wii mode either then?

I think the only games I ever played online were MK and Brawl anyway, and since they both have (or are soon to have in the case of Smash) Wii U versions i guess that doesn't matter.

#18 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:57 AM

They were forced to shut them down as Gamespy, who ones the servers, closed down. No other reason than that

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!