• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#1 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 04:57 PM

Apparently according to Michael :D "fanboy" :D Pachter from "pach attack" at gametrailers.vom"the wii u is not net gen"
When i heard this i almost **** myself in laughter lol jk. BUT this is just ridiculous. Pachter doesnt know the final specs of wii u. He is just stuck in his ways as a fanboy of the hd consoles when wii was focusing on better motion controls and exclusives. I really can't stand this guy, but i did some research and watched an episode or two of pach attack and everytime he talks about nintendo he only brings up the bad news, i didnt hear one peice of good nintendo news from him in over a hour. And the worst part is that the people he does the show with actually jump on the bandwagon with him it's absolutely stupid.
The wii u is about 5 times more powerful than 360 and ps3. And people go on to say that the ps4 and next xbox will do pc quality graphics and have on par power with custom pc's with 2060p graphics and all that BS talk. These fanboys don't know what their talking about. Almost all people who are ps and xbox fans say the wiiu looks terrible, its MAYBE on par with ps3 and xbox they say. It's stupid talk from casual fans who think they know what their saying but dont .
I love nintendo for what they are doing now, they are shoving what microsoft and sony do in their face. they are now making their idea of a traditional controller and boosting it to a godly level with the wii u touch screen. Wii U is going to compete a lot with next playstation and xbox. Nomatter what the fanboys say and think nintendo will prevale in games, and compete extremely well in terms of power with the other consoles supposedly releasing in the same time next year.
And lastly next generation just means the period of time in which the console is released so it has nothing to do with power and hardware which is just the way companys make people buy the new products. If it wasnt for nintendo their would be nothing called "nextgen" . B)

So what do you think about Wii U in terms of power? do you think it will be able to compete well with other next gen consoles?
http://www.industrygamers.com/news/pachters-podium-wii-u-not-quite-next-generation-xbox-live-tv-only-the-tip-of-the-iceberg/

Edited by hardcoreUfan, 10 December 2011 - 05:14 PM.

Signature_Fox.png

#2 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 10 December 2011 - 05:03 PM

Could you post a link to that article?

It's pretty obvious PS4 and Nextbox are going to be stronger than the Wii U, but it can't be a Wii - PS3 difference unless they wish to sell overpriced consoles that no one will buy.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#3 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 05:07 PM

how do you say it is "obvious" if the rumors are true about next xbox releasing with the ps4 same time next year as wii u? sony and microsoft are probably in a somewhat time crunch now with the development where nintendo said that they have been working on the U for years now.

Signature_Fox.png

#4 Banzai¥

Banzai¥

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 07:41 PM

There have been rumours towards the PS4 releasing around the same time as the next-Xbox, I've never heard of it being proven.

#5 Nin10dude712

Nin10dude712

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Animal Crossing, Kirby

Posted 10 December 2011 - 08:22 PM

(Warning: Curse words)

Edited by Nin10dude712, 10 December 2011 - 08:25 PM.

Posted Image

Body = Ready for Wii U!

#6 Rasvita

Rasvita

Spiny

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • NNID:Squish
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Fire Emblem, umm...others?

Posted 10 December 2011 - 08:49 PM

I really don't like it when people make these types of judgements when we don't really know a lot about the system. Perhaps it won't be as powerful as the other next consoles. The thing is, I'm a Nintendo gamer. I'm too cheap/don't have enough money to get more than one console and I have never seen a reason to leave Nintendo. Comparing the Wii U to the Wii, the Wii U is definitely a new generation. That is what is important to me, and that is why I am excited for it.

Also, I would just like to say that I don't think that Pachter is really that bad. Sometimes he just has different opinions...which might be slightly annoying at times, but this is the internet so we should all be use to that. :)

NNID:  Squish

3DS :  2406-5151-7673

Steam:  Squishton Rasvita

#7 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 09:12 PM

-

Edited by BassDropper, 05 September 2013 - 01:21 AM.

#8 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 10 December 2011 - 09:16 PM

By making this thread you're just feeding the troll - Michael Pachter.

No.

I agree with the first part of your statement; but 3rd parties including EA have predicted their current Wii U dev kits to be 3-5 times more powerful than the PS3. Heck, CRYTECK says they're happy with it. If that doesn't say something, I don't what does.

Edited by Andy, 10 December 2011 - 09:16 PM.

Posted Image

#9 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 11 December 2011 - 02:32 AM

No.

You just ignore everything we say, don't you?

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#10 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 11 December 2011 - 02:36 AM

Isn't this old news.... like really, really old news.

Someone labelled it 'Gen 7.5'

Ninjashock wants to believe in Nintendo, but over the past few years, has been disappointed. So much so, that he has now come to troll the company he wants to love so, in hopes of spreading that message. Ninjashock believes, that the Wii U will salvage all his dreams from ruin, as did Barkis believe in the 3DS.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#11 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 11 December 2011 - 07:40 AM

The WiiU is more powerfull than anything we have seen. Period. Nintendo would not make the same mistake twice. Nintendo counsles have always been the most powerfull with the exeption of the Wii and I know Nintendo and they will make the WiiU to make up for that slack. So with that in mind I would say at LEAST three times more powerful than any current gen counsle.

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#12 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 11 December 2011 - 07:50 AM

I'd definitely say it's next gen. The fact is graphics and hardware haven't really advanced that much since 2006. We're not seeing a massive jump like we did from the 6th gen to the 7th gen. Just small improvements being made, so that consoles can be on par with the current generation of gaming PCs. It's too early to say yet, but I'm definitely thinking the Wii U will be able to compete with the new Microsoft and Sony consoles. If anything the gap will just be like the gap between the PS2 and the Xbox/Gamecube. The Wii U will be the least powerful but still entirely capable of running the other system's games at an acceptable level.

Posted Image

#13 Medu

Medu

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:37 AM

I'd definitely say it's next gen. The fact is graphics and hardware haven't really advanced that much since 2006. We're not seeing a massive jump like we did from the 6th gen to the 7th gen. Just small improvements being made, so that consoles can be on par with the current generation of gaming PCs. It's too early to say yet, but I'm definitely thinking the Wii U will be able to compete with the new Microsoft and Sony consoles. If anything the gap will just be like the gap between the PS2 and the Xbox/Gamecube. The Wii U will be the least powerful but still entirely capable of running the other system's games at an acceptable level.

Hardware wise the the Wii U won't be much of an improvement over what we currently have- everyone that has access to dev kits have said this including Nintendo. However what Deadly Virus says is correct- the jump between this gen and next gen won't be that big. Take a look at this recent article on eurogamer http://www.eurogamer...man-arkham-city. They are showing the improvements from the PS3->PC and even though they make them out to be large improvements most people can hardly notice. The gap in hardware between the Wii U and next gen Xbox will probably be a bit more than the gap between the PS2 and Xbox but that gap might not be as noticeable. However the screen on the controller also needs to be factored in- if that is rendering a complex scene then surely it will limit what is happening on the main screen.

#14 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:43 AM

Personally I let him do what he wants to say. All I can say is how the console is in my home. Than I can compare it to the other consoles from Sony and Microsoft (or any other one if a company decides to come over). The console is Next-gen end of story. We will not receive a massive leap of power this gen because of factors that make doing the same thing this gen not business worthy.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#15 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:10 AM

No.

no im not feeding the troll as you say . I'm proving a point . And yes developers are saying it is that much more powerful. look it up before you state things

However the screen on the controller also needs to be factored in- if that is rendering a complex scene then surely it will limit what is happening on the main screen.

how do you know this?. All they have to do is render it down to a lower level of image quality. maybe 540p?

Edited by hardcoreUfan, 11 December 2011 - 10:13 AM.

Signature_Fox.png

#16 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:26 AM

However the screen on the controller also needs to be factored in- if that is rendering a complex scene then surely it will limit what is happening on the main screen.

I think the screen is mostly just being used for menus or for controlling parts of the game, it probably won't display anything too complex unless you're streaming the game to the controller, which doesn't really count.

Posted Image

#17 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:47 AM

It's been a while since we from Michael Pachter, hasn't it? I've kind of missed hearing the nonsense he come out with. The Wii U looks like it'll be considerably more powerful than the current gen consoles, so if that doesn't make it next gen, I don't know what would.

#18 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:52 AM

i agree . I only brought up pachter because of his serious obnoxiousnous when it comes to nintendo.

Signature_Fox.png

#19 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:06 AM

i agree . I only brought up pachter because of his serious obnoxiousnous when it comes to nintendo.

I will never understand what his problem is. What is with people always trashing Nintendo. This is why they have the image they do.

Edited by Link707, 11 December 2011 - 11:08 AM.

Posted Image

#20 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:12 AM

me either

Signature_Fox.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nextgen, wii, fanboys, pachter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users