• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#21 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 03:24 PM

You just ignore everything we say, don't you?

No, I just think it's too early to claim that the Wii U is 5 times as powerful as current gen hardware just because one company said that it could be 3 to 5 times as powerful. And just because the makers of Crysis like it that doesn't mean much, remember that they can get optimized versions of their engine to work on the Xbox 360 and PS3.

Edited by NinjaShock, 11 December 2011 - 03:24 PM.

#22 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 11 December 2011 - 03:29 PM

No, I just think it's too early to claim that the Wii U is 5 times as powerful as current gen hardware just because one company said that it could be 3 to 5 times as powerful. And just because the makers of Crysis like it that doesn't mean much, remember that they can get optimized versions of their engine to work on the Xbox 360 and PS3.

I agree the possibility of the claimed specs can perform 3-5 times better but Nintendo is probably going to underclock which brings it down to 2-3 tops unless they want it to be pricey

Posted Image

#23 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 03:34 PM

I agree the possibility of the claimed specs can perform 3-5 times better but Nintendo is probably going to underclock which brings it down to 2-3 tops unless they want it to be pricey

You skim read my post, didn't you? :3

#24 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 December 2011 - 03:40 PM

You skim read my post, didn't you? :3

Just a tad haha

Posted Image

#25 Turboblaze

Turboblaze

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, MLP: FiM

Posted 11 December 2011 - 03:59 PM

Of course the Wii U is next gen... Why else would Nintendo be releasing a new console? It`s the first time in a while since Nintendo kickstarted a new generation... Microsoft did it last gen with the 360, and Sony did it the generation before with the PS2. Now it`s Nintendo`s turn to start a new generation.

#26 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:41 PM

Still makes MUCH more sense than having the Wii U being 50% more powerful than current gen. It's obvious you don't understand how fast graphics advance.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#27 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 11 December 2011 - 06:03 PM

My arguments only quote developers as a secondary source to strengthen my argument; I've explained to you many times as to why 3 to 5 not only makes sense, but is likely.

I've also explained to you why 3 to 5 is an average generational leap; did you miss that, too?
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#28 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 06:39 PM

My arguments only quote developers as a secondary source to strengthen my argument; I've explained to you many times as to why 3 to 5 not only makes sense, but is likely.

I've also explained to you why 3 to 5 is an average generational leap; did you miss that, too?

Still makes MUCH more sense than having the Wii U being 50% more powerful than current gen. It's obvious you don't understand how fast graphics advance.

Look, both of you. All I'm saying is that we really don't know anything for sure about the Wii U's power yet except that it can support 1080p and is more powerful than the last generation. The creators of Darksiders have said it is around the power of the Xbox 360, Crytech have said they're impressed with it and someone at EA has apparently estimated that it could be 3-5 times as powerful as the last gen HD consoles - I'm saying that with this info I don't know what to believe, I know how fast graphics can improve and I've listened to what you guys are saying so don't try to paint me as an idiot, ok? :)

#29 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 06:55 PM

Look, both of you. All I'm saying is that we really don't know anything for sure about the Wii U's power yet except that it can support 1080p and is more powerful than the last generation. The creators of Darksiders have said it is around the power of the Xbox 360, Crytech have said they're impressed with it and someone at EA has apparently estimated that it could be 3-5 times as powerful as the last gen HD consoles - I'm saying that with this info I don't know what to believe, I know how fast graphics can improve and I've listened to what you guys are saying so don't try to paint me as an idiot, ok? :)

last gen hd wasnt even full 1080p. wii u is full 1080p nintendo said . You make it sound like the wii u is just doing what last gen did. when developers have been stating outright that they want to support the console because of its power . which makes since if EA claims that its 3-5 times more powerful and they are really supporting it so they must think its pretty impressive because they usually dont just jump on nintendo's bandwagon like that. Im not picking on you just stating things.
I do agree with you about not knowing much yet. but thats what the forum is about speculation, rumors, talk in general about wii u and next gen consoles

Signature_Fox.png

#30 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 07:09 PM

last gen hd wasnt even full 1080p. wii u is full 1080p nintendo said . You make it sound like the wii u is just doing what last gen did. when developers have been stating outright that they want to support the console because of its power . which makes since if EA claims that its 3-5 times more powerful and they are really supporting it so they must think its pretty impressive because they usually dont just jump on nintendo's bandwagon like that. Im not picking on you just stating things.
I do agree with you about not knowing much yet. but thats what the forum is about speculation, rumors, talk in general about wii u and next gen consoles

No, I definitely wasn't trying to make it sound like the Wii U's just doing what this gen HD consoles do. I outright stated that all we know is that it can support 1080p, and who here doesn't know that the PS3 and Xbox 360 only do 720p?

#31 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 11 December 2011 - 07:12 PM

Fair enough NinjaShock you the type that need to see it to believe it and that is something I can respect. I can also see you try to keep expectations low so you do not get over hype or am I wrong about the last part?
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#32 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 11 December 2011 - 07:29 PM

No, I definitely wasn't trying to make it sound like the Wii U's just doing what this gen HD consoles do. I outright stated that all we know is that it can support 1080p, and who here doesn't know that the PS3 and Xbox 360 only do 720p?

Actually, 360, last I checked, does 540p and upscales from there.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#33 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:28 PM

ok let me set everyone straight on this issue. nintendo knows the last two gens they have kinda alienated their core fans who want third part titles on a nintendo console. from my understand in order to fix this... nintendo went to third party developers and asked at a "MINIMUM" what is needed to run their next gen engines. the key word is minimum. this is what the Wii U is going to be nothing more and nothing less. a hd console that runs 1080p out the box that will be able to run the third party engines of next gen.

CASE CLOSED!!!!!!

now we just have to wait and see what a minimum next-gen engines requires.... and that whats the Wii U will be tech wise

#34 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:45 PM

Fair enough NinjaShock you the type that need to see it to believe it and that is something I can respect. I can also see you try to keep expectations low so you do not get over hype or am I wrong about the last part?

You're right about the first part, and as for the second part I don't actually have clear expectations at the moment, because I don't have enough info to go on.

Actually, 360, last I checked, does 540p and upscales from there.

That's not entirely true. Though some of the bigger games have to use 540p because of physics and polygons hogging resources, the Xbox 360 is capable of running less demanding games at non-upscaled 720p.

#35 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:38 PM

i know. ive known for awile

ok let me set everyone straight on this issue. nintendo knows the last two gens they have kinda alienated their core fans who want third part titles on a nintendo console. from my understand in order to fix this... nintendo went to third party developers and asked at a "MINIMUM" what is needed to run their next gen engines. the key word is minimum. this is what the Wii U is going to be nothing more and nothing less. a hd console that runs 1080p out the box that will be able to run the third party engines of next gen.

CASE CLOSED!!!!!!

now we just have to wait and see what a minimum next-gen engines requires.... and that whats the Wii U will be tech wise

probably true.

Edited by hardcoreUfan, 12 December 2011 - 03:39 PM.

Signature_Fox.png

#36 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:50 PM

i know. ive known for awile

probably true.

I'm a major Nintendo and u supporter yet it still hurts when they do this. I just hope that Nintendo includes a little more than minimum so that I can atleast have something to argue with when bombarded by ps360 fanboys

Posted Image

#37 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:54 PM

I'm a major Nintendo and u supporter yet it still hurts when they do this. I just hope that Nintendo includes a little more than minimum so that I can atleast have something to argue with when bombarded by ps360 fanboys

I think it will be able to reach a really high level of graphical and memory based power based on rumored specs and what we saw at e3 . So i think it will be able to support any games that come out on ps4 and xbox "loop". I wouldnt worry about it man :) besides the wii nintendo was always pretty much on top of the graphics game so yah

Edited by hardcoreUfan, 12 December 2011 - 03:55 PM.

Signature_Fox.png

#38 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:58 PM

I think it will be able to reach a really high level of graphical and memory based power based on rumored specs and what we saw at e3 . So i think it will be able to support any games that come out on ps4 and xbox "loop". I wouldnt worry about it man :) besides the wii nintendo was always pretty much on top of the graphics game so yah

Yeah thanks for the reassurance, somewhere I read that the game cube was twice the pixels as ps2 is that right??

Posted Image

#39 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 04:00 PM

definately more powerful than ps2 but not sure how much.

Signature_Fox.png

#40 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:15 PM

definately more powerful than ps2 but not sure how much.

I think the post said ps2 was 32 bit and gc was 64. I just hope that the wii u packs enough punch to smack the crap out of the haters

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nextgen, wii, fanboys, pachter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!