Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:09 PM

CVG: So of the three key aspects of a game - visuals, gameplay and story - which would you say was your priority with The Order 1886?

Game director (Dana Jan): I think story and visuals are very high. Gameplay is something that... it's a game, we make games, we can't get around it. We love games, but we also love telling stories, so I think story is always going to be at the top because it's what we start with. It's at the top of the pyramid and everything else supports that. I think it'd be more challenging to make a game for the gameplay's sake, then try to make a story that fits in there.

I had hope for this game. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:34 PM

these are the new devs and how they think... why I will always buy Nintendo

#3 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:43 PM

totalcancerguy is all "wah wah is not 60 fps wah wah" on twitter about it.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#4 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:07 PM

And to think some -if not all - of the very best Nintendo classics left the storywriting to the people who make the manuals

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#5 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:12 PM

I love that they will concentrate on story, many games don't and sometimes they have no purpose to play it, but to say gameplay is last is not good. I really hope that it's just confidence talking as in they are that good they don't need to worry about it.

#6 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:39 PM

I love that they will concentrate on story, many games don't and sometimes they have no purpose to play it, but to say gameplay is last is not good. I really hope that it's just confidence talking as in they are that good they don't need to worry about it.

I think gameplay should come first 100% of the time. The medium is video games. They are meant to be played for fun. Putting storytelling first is like putting the cover art and little illustrations in some books first in stead of the writing. If you want to put that first, you're using the wrong medium. Yes, a nice story in games is a huge plus, and makes the game all the more satisfactory, but video games were never meant to have story first and foremost.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#7 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:47 PM

David Cage does this and his games ..and I use games loosely and his stories are absolute trash. This is nothing new tho as what we been getting since last gen is half assed stories with half assed gameplay. Nothing new. We still know highly respected *snicker* sites like IGN,Gametrailers and such give this thing GOTY scores.

#8 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:54 PM

Remember, this is a 3rd Person shooter in a field of many. I think what is implied is that, instead of focusing on making innovative and interesting gameplay, they will stick to known methods, and probably polish both player interactions and enemy AI with the recent delay.

Which makes sense. I get what was said in that interview. It sure wasn't the hell they we're adding to the 3rd person shooter experience that drew me to The Order 1886. I don't think their priorities are misplaced.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#9 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:07 PM

distgusting

amazing spelling on my part

Edited by Structures, 27 May 2014 - 11:07 PM.

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#10 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:28 AM

No wonder it looked like a modern FPS in a TPS point of view. Cinematics tied in with cinematic gameplay where control is taken off you every 5 seconds.

It'll probably sell like pancakes.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#11 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:30 AM

No wonder it looked like a modern FPS in a TPS point of view. Cinematics tied in with cinematic gameplay where control is taken off you every 5 seconds.

It will

#12 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:25 AM

ikr, lol.

I like story driven games, but usually there's a happy medium to be enjoyed.
Taking control away from you, and especially QTE's are so idiotic though. It's a game, why can't I simply push "action button" to open that door, or turn that pipe, why do I have to play DDR, then watch a cutscene?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#13 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:29 AM

It's okay to value story over gameplay, but to have gameplay as last priority? Nope. Nope nope nope. They're games for a reason. GAMEPLAY.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#14 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:40 AM

The most depressing thing is this misplaced focus on cinematic/filmic story telling in games is only holding games back from acheiving its identity as a story telling medium.

The very existence of the player destroys the validity of cinematic/filmic/book authored story styles.

As such, as long as gaming continues to focus on story telling styles inherently superior to non interactive mediums, it will continue to be inferior as a medium.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#15 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:20 AM

order 1886 now confirmed to be a joke.

move along.

#16 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:28 AM

I agree, I love a good story in a game, novel, movie etc. if the story is good, I'm gonna stick around

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!