8 replies to this topic

#1 TheLiminalGiant

TheLiminalGiant

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 11:09 PM

What's up nerds,

made this account as a prenup for the relationship with the Wii U I plan on buying within the next month or so. TBH I have never been a hardcore Nintendo fan aside from Mario and Pokemon. My gaming career goes as follows...

1. Hand me down Sega Genesis from family friends got me completely HOOKED on Sonic the Hedgehog and Aladdin <3.

2. PC childrens games. Namely Sonic CD and Sonic the Hedghog 3 and Knuckles.

3. GBA, present from parents which brought me into the wonderful world of Pokemon. Also Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's/Philosopher's (whichever you fancy) Stone.

4. LONG ASS GAMING GAP FOR UNKNOWN REASONS.

5. Xbox 360. Most of my friends played on it so I did too, shoot me.

6. ...  ;) (I intend to fill this void with Zelda, Mario, Pikmin, and whatever other five star games I've missed out on when I get my hands on a Wii U!)

Mmm that's it I think?

Oh yeah, I'm a giant. 6'6" to be exact. Glad to be a part of the fam! 

#2 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:54 AM

Welcome man. Made the right choice getting a Wii U. Guarantee you'll love it :)

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#3 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 30 May 2014 - 07:45 AM

You  made the best gaming  investment when you invested on Wii U.

#4 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:00 AM

Heyoooooooooooooh! Huh? What's up? This is the part where you say "Heyoooh" back...

You seem like a pretty cool dude. I'm also planning on getting a Wii U soon. 

@Mahmoodinho: He still has yet to invest...

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#5 TheLiminalGiant

TheLiminalGiant

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 09:54 PM

Thanks guys! Yeah... I'm getting palpitations just thinking about picking it up, just waiting for the right deal to come around. 

#6 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 31 May 2014 - 04:50 AM

Thanks guys! Yeah... I'm getting palpitations just thinking about picking it up, just waiting for the right deal to come around. 

Pretty good deals on right now. You could buy a bundle and mk8 for about 350, and with the free game from mk8 that 350 for a wii u and 3 games.

Or you could get a refurbished Wii U from nintendo's site and get mk8. Wii u and 2 games for about 260 i think :)

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#7 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:18 AM

You will find alot of great games for Wii U both first party and 3rd party.

If you dont know what games to buy there is a thread for that and I also have a thread at the end of every month about top 3rd party game to buy .

#8 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 31 May 2014 - 03:53 PM

Right now would be a good time buying a wii u. Mario Kart 8 is out, DKTF is out, Super Mario 3d World is out. And welcome to the forums, hope you stick around

#9 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:28 PM

Pretty good deals on right now. You could buy a bundle and mk8 for about 350, and with the free game from mk8 that 350 for a wii u and 3 games.

Or you could get a refurbished Wii U from nintendo's site and get mk8. Wii u and 2 games for about 260 i think :)

Second option is what I went with today. Refurbished costs 200 and comes with nintendo land. Refurbished Wii-Mote+ nunchuck costs 20$. I got it all for 243$ Plus tax and shipping(cheapest shipping cuz I'm cheap and don't mind waiting 5-11 business days lol) and God willing I'll get Mario Kart friday(or whenever the Wii u arrives) for  64.80$ + tax so I saved close to 50 $ if it all works out. That's also not including the bonus of the nunchuck/nintendo land or the reduction of the wii wheel.

If you must buy new though I'd say the Mario Kart Bundle is the best deal right now.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!