7 replies to this topic

#1 catzhk

catzhk

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:19 AM

Hi Brother,

AS we know that wiiu have region lock, may I know the world wide wiiu will connected to one server site to play online VS game? Exp Mario Kart 8 or wii sport club. OR every region will connected to own region server site, Exp USA version console will connect to USA local server and Japan console version also connect to Japan server only. Is it correct?  My question is if I buy USA version console in asia, the wiiu will connect to USA server or japan server to play online game? because I am afraid the online VS connection will become slow/hang when connect from Asia to USA. Any one know that? 

Thanks

Shan

#2 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:37 AM

Depends on the style of hosting they are using.... However, most nintendo games seem to be user hosted, with the host being the user closest to all members (middleman).

The centralized servers are used for matchmaking and initial connectivity... But... Once the game is playing its down to the latency between the host players system, and the other people, abd him and you, and the ability of the cpu to correctly predict, and recover from missed predictions.

Ive been playing mario kart 8 with a lot of people in Japan, and it plays pretty good.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#3 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:36 AM

Weird English.

Nintendo's online doesn't have region locking, as proved by the 3DS.
You connect to the server closest to you.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#4 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:32 AM

Depends on the style of hosting they are using.... However, most nintendo games seem to be user hosted, with the host being the user closest to all members (middleman).

The centralized servers are used for matchmaking and initial connectivity... But... Once the game is playing its down to the latency between the host players system, and the other people, abd him and you, and the ability of the cpu to correctly predict, and recover from missed predictions.

Ive been playing mario kart 8 with a lot of people in Japan, and it plays pretty good.

Have you had any problems with green shell hit detection? I've lost a few races due to it. The player appears to have been hit on your screen, but doesn't look like he's lost any speed at all. Frustrating to say the least.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#5 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:30 AM

Have you had any problems with green shell hit detection? I've lost a few races due to it. The player appears to have been hit on your screen, but doesn't look like he's lost any speed at all. Frustrating to say the least.

Yes, and thats not hit detection, its lag, and it will only happen online.

You hit the player, and he did slow down, however, he was actually further ahead at that point in time in his game, and a combination of lost packets, or sheer distance, or a missed prediction, had your two experiences out of sync.

This is also why sometimes you get hit by a green shell that was like, four feet to the right of you.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#6 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:12 PM

Yes, and thats not hit detection, its lag, and it will only happen online.

You hit the player, and he did slow down, however, he was actually further ahead at that point in time in his game, and a combination of lost packets, or sheer distance, or a missed prediction, had your two experiences out of sync.

This is also why sometimes you get hit by a green shell that was like, four feet to the right of you.

Yeah but the lag screws up the hit detection. Is anyone else having this problem or just me?

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#7 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:42 PM

Yeah but the lag screws up the hit detection. Is anyone else having this problem or just me?

Everyone has this problem,on every online game in the world whether they realize it or not.

The lag doesnt 'screw up the hit detection'. The lag has you seeing an image that is visually incorrect compared to where everyone else actually is/is seeing, because your system, and ONLY your system, is out of sync with everyone elses.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#8 catzhk

catzhk

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:29 AM

Compare with WII's Mario Kart, which is better? According my experience and above discuss, I think WII's Mario Kart online play is better then MK8. I play over a thousand on WII's Mario Kart overall very smooth, I am using japan version console at that time. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!