• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#21 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:11 PM

no true a port will be made for ps4 and xb1 and will sell millions upon millions

That's because the idiots who buy it are the same idiots who rebought Tomb Raider and will buy ME Trilogy and TLOU all over again.

#22 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:42 PM

That's because the idiots who buy it are the same idiots who rebought Tomb Raider and will buy ME Trilogy and TLOU all over again.

call em what you want I was just replying to what he said.... A "NEXT GEN" or current gen version of GTA V throw some 1080p yada yada with it and you have a game that will sell MILLIONS... sad but true. I think a proper GTA title on a Nintendo "HOME" console could sell a million copies minimum but we will probably at this point never see that happen.

#23 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:22 PM

Oh Mahmood.

Mahmood, you've disappointed me so. Just yesterday i was genuinely thinking "mahmood has gotten a lot better recently. not even nearly as much ad misinformed, outlandish postes these days.

And then you go and post this.

*sigh*

Ok, let's try and help you see where you went wrong.

1. Yes we want new games, but we also want Mario and Zelda. Mario and Zelda are great games, and have proven themselves over and over again.

These other series people are requesting, have not proven themselves nearly as much. What Iwata is doing is giving us games we want, just not ALL the games we want. The games he's choosing to give us are games he knows will be successful with the small sales the Wii U currently has, because this way, everyone should be happy. investors are seeing progress, we get great games. Except people are complaining that we aren't getting EVERY game we want, even if we didn't buy any of the last installments, just because we're so "tired" of Mario, and we're so "tired" of Zelda. If Nintendo cut those off they would displease way more fans than they would by not bringing these lesser known games to the Wii U.

What's worse, is the few fans who would be more pleased by them making said games over Mario and Zelda would be the same ones to moan again that Iwata should be fired because the Wii U hasn't made enough sales.

And a little disclaimer: this does not mean I don't want said games to come to the Wii U, I'm just saying I would never denounce Iwata, or anyone else in Nintendo for holding off said games for Mario and Zelda games. It just makes too much bucking sense.

Also he has been giving the green light for new things to be tried. People just conveniently ignore him doing it.

2. No they're not. People are going for what they've been told makes them manly and hardcore. Ask people who've heard "So and so  is more powerful than so and so" to list the specs, and I gurantee 99% of them can't recite crap. If you don't what your system is running, you can't say that it's power is the main reason you bought it.

Also, I guarantee you that Iwata is VERY aware of the market. Much more so than every person on this site. That is a HUGE, HUGE part of his job. He's stated he's not directly competing with PS360. In the past three consoles he's made, that turned out to be a MUCH better decision for the company. It's also turned out to be a much better decision for everyone on this forum, whether they like to admit it or not.

3. Once again, no region lock would be wonderful. I hate region lock, I think it's stupid.

What's stupider is getting rid of someone who has had three straight consoles be incredibly successful, one of which is still incredibly successful because the the most recent console, which is only 2 years old isn't a success yet. That makes absolutely no sense.

What if he paid to complete wreck the family image Nintendo has spent year and year and years building in one fell swoop, and spent tens of millions of dollars doing it?

THAN you would have at least one proper argument for why Nintendo should consider firing Iwata

I agree with your opinion but please think of this......We are only 7 million wii u owners ....zelda +mario are enough for us but what about the rest of the world .......zelda and mario are not enough to convince these people

I think personally that Iwata can be a great leader in nintendo but CEO doesnt suit him ...as someone said  in this thread ...he can be a great part of nintendo game developing studios but not as CEO

and i add to the above.............Nintendo just needs to rev up it marketing thats it.

I never see any thing that has to do with nintendo in  any arab or african channels.and as you all know 90% of the people in the arabian gulf make over 400k usd a year + arabs love technology and specially when they see something new ;they quickly go buy it. thats why I think nintendo should invest here in the middle east.

#24 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:53 PM

I agree with your opinion but please think of this......We are only 7 million wii u owners ....zelda +mario are enough for us but what about the rest of the world .......zelda and mario are not enough to convince these people

I think personally that Iwata can be a great leader in nintendo but CEO doesnt suit him ...as someone said  in this thread ...he can be a great part of nintendo game developing studios but not as CEO

and i add to the above.............Nintendo just needs to rev up it marketing thats it.

I never see any thing that has to do with nintendo in  any arab or african channels.and as you all know 90% of the people in the arabian gulf make over 400k usd a year + arabs love technology and specially when they see something new ;they quickly go buy it. thats why I think nintendo should invest here in the middle east.

No no, you've got it backwards. Zelda and Mario are the big games that people outside the hardcore Wii U base will go for.

If you told people we have metroid and starfox, most of them would just say "Cool. Whatever that is..."

You guys are talking like this isn't the guy who has three of the biggest successes in gaming history under his belt. He already proven hat he is a more than capable CEO. He's made a single a mistake with one console that he is trying incredibly hard to fix. How high are your expectations? Because I guarantee you if Iwata isn't good enough for you, you will hate any other CEO Nintendo chooses at least equally, if not more.

Everybody agrees nintendo needs to advertise more. It seems they've started to do that with MK8, and a little with sm4sh already. We'll see how it goes from here.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#25 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:20 PM

No no, you've got it backwards. Zelda and Mario are the big games that people outside the hardcore Wii U base will go for.

If you told people we have metroid and starfox, most of them would just say "Cool. Whatever that is..."

You guys are talking like this isn't the guy who has three of the biggest successes in gaming history under his belt. He already proven hat he is a more than capable CEO. He's made a single a mistake with one console that he is trying incredibly hard to fix. How high are your expectations? Because I guarantee you if Iwata isn't good enough for you, you will hate any other CEO Nintendo chooses at least equally, if not more.

Everybody agrees nintendo needs to advertise more. It seems they've started to do that with MK8, and a little with sm4sh already. We'll see how it goes from here.

Agree..... for now i will give iwata a break.

What about third parties; Wii U has never been an ecosystem for 3rd parties.....why is that??? why is nintendo not putting some effort to solve this issue???

#26 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:25 PM

What about third parties; Wii U has never been an ecosystem for 3rd parties.....why is that??? why is nintendo not putting some effort to solve this issue???

Dear lord.

Nintendo did and is quite heavily. I'd give you the history on 3DS and WiiU but you would just ignore it and post the same thing next week.

Edited by Ryudo, 31 May 2014 - 10:26 PM.

#27 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:09 PM

Dear lord.

Nintendo did and is quite heavily. I'd give you the history on 3DS and WiiU but you would just ignore it and post the same thing next week.

Where are you Ubisoft........EA........Activison....warner bros..................??????????????????????????

#28 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:12 PM

Where are you Ubisoft........EA........Activison....warner bros..................??????????????????????????

Take-Two

#29 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:56 AM

I just hope we get something new at E3

#30 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 01 June 2014 - 01:27 AM

I just hope we get something new at E3

Me also 9 days and counting

#31 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:44 AM

Leave Activision out of this equation. They haven't dropped Wii U.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#32 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 01 June 2014 - 05:14 AM

no true a port will be made for ps4 and xb1 and will sell millions upon millions

True, but that's also because the fanbase is different, same reason big games such as Splinter cell sold badly on Wii U but good on The other platforms

You actually care about EA?!? Why??? They've done bearly anything good for their fans the past few years!

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#33 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 June 2014 - 05:51 AM

Leave Activision out of this equation. They haven't dropped Wii U.

So were still getting COD??????

True, but that's also because the fanbase is different, same reason big games such as Splinter cell sold badly on Wii U but good on The other platforms

You actually care about EA?!? Why??? They've done bearly anything good for their fans the past few years!

EA is the best company in the world because

1.Your game comes buggy out of the box

2.You need 9 multiplayer updates to play battlefield 4 (each update 1gig)

3.Your games get deleted

4.Oh and i lost my premium membership

#34 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:49 AM

So were still getting COD??????

EA is the best company in the world because

1.Your game comes buggy out of the box

2.You need 9 multiplayer updates to play battlefield 4 (each update 1gig)

3.Your games get deleted

4.Oh and i lost my premium membership

They gave it last year and they've been releasing other titles on Wii U, Spiderman, Transformers, Skylanders.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#35 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 09:21 AM

lol EA actually meaning something on a NIntendo system. When was the last time EA helped or hindered a Nintendo system> Let me think. Never. For every major success and mistep Nintendo has had sports game son those systems played praxtially no role in deciding it.

#36 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:38 PM

If you think about it EA  is actually ruining games even game studios are suffering from that(dice ,cry tech) this is because EA is in for the money ...and that is hurting its studios for example .....battlefield 4 would have been amazing on Wii U  specially wit the game pad ... but again EA is involved and Battlefield 4 is out.

Anther disappointing example is Crysis 3 ; this game was developed and was ready for release on Wii U but EA got involved..and here we are with no crysis.

An advice from me to game studios: never work with EA

#37 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:46 PM

If you think about it EA  is actually ruining games even game studios are suffering from that(dice ,cry tech) this is because EA is in for the money ...and that is hurting its studios for example .....battlefield 4 would have been amazing on Wii U  specially wit the game pad ... but again EA is involved and Battlefield 4 is out.

Anther disappointing example is Crysis 3 ; this game was developed and was ready for release on Wii U but EA got involved..and here we are with no crysis.

An advice from me to game studios: never work with EA

if you want to do something about it, boycott them. I seem to remember 3Dude has, and I recently decided to do the same.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#38 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 June 2014 - 01:18 PM

if you want to do something about it, boycott them. I seem to remember 3Dude has, and I recently decided to do the same.

My problem is with FIFA.... and as you know am an addicted football(soccer) fan and FIFA is the only game that my friends play but  I might switch to PES

#39 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 01 June 2014 - 01:31 PM

My problem is with FIFA.... and as you know am an addicted football(soccer) fan and FIFA is the only game that my friends play but  I might switch to PES

Or you could just play whichever FIFA you already own. It's got about a ten year life span before there'll be another FIFA game that you can actually tell the difference with.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#40 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 01:35 PM

Just going to put this here

http://www.joystiq.c...ports-game-set/