Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:51 AM

http://kotaku.com/wh...-off-1583192249

This is what i think of Iwata

After I read this my views totally changed about Iwata, the fact that he doesn't lay off employees actually made me like him.

#64 Rizefall

Rizefall

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:37 PM

Zangeki no Regionliev,Captain Rainbow,Dillions Rolling Western,Soma bringer,Etrian Odessey,Disaster Day of Crisis,Crashmo,Pushmo,Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem,The Last Story,Endless Ocean,Pandora's Tower,Xenoblade,The Wonderful 101,Steel Diver,Fatal Frame(as they are now 50% owners) are Nintendo owned and new Nintendo IP's Oh and I am counting Hyrule Warriors because it's something VERY new

Then Nintendo publishes games

Samruai Warriors 3

Dragon Quest IX

Bayonetta 2

Lego City Undercover (yes this is Nintendo but LEGO does not)

Ninja Gaiden Razers Edge

Just to scratch the surface. If that's not enough for you. Go somewhere else.

Also WiiU is not weak it's a very capable system with a console architecture not a PC one like PS4/XBO which are very inefficient. WiiU is very custom and very effient. Want to see a taste of the what that thing can do look around the forum for Art of Balance pics.

Iwata had 3 straight success stories in DS,Wii and 3DS. WiiU struggles but the company still rich as can be.Iwata has been at NIntendo since early Hal days and has helped that company more than you could know. I mean damn he stepped up to the plate when things got rough and took massive pay cuts,NEVER and I mean NEVER does that happen with a US CEO a US CEO would give himself a pay bonus. Iwata does not deserve a second chance but 8 more chances. Without Iwata Nintendo would be Atari 1994,SNK 1999 and Sega 2001.

Developers have said multiple times that it's harder to port and to games on Wii U cause it's architecture is so different and making it for PS4/One is easier cause it's more built like a PC, making ports between the three systems easier. Not sure where you got your info from, and yes the Wii U is weak compared to the competition. That's a fact if you look through the specifications.

And here is the fun part, even though they might be new to the Nintendo system does not mean they are new games. Most of what you posted on the list are sequels of some kind, if not everyone. Bayonetta may be awesome but not a "new game" by any means when it comes to it's gameplay, and same goes for most games on the list. 

I think people want more innovative games and good usage of the pad. IMO Zombi U was the most interesting in that aspect, sucks the game overall sucked balls instead but the PAD was used in a good way.

Edited by Rizefall, 06 June 2014 - 12:41 PM.

#65 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:17 PM

Rizefall, on 06 Jun 2014 - 4:37 PM, said:
Developers have said multiple times that it's harder to port and to games on Wii U cause it's architecture is so different and making it for PS4/One is easier cause it's more built like a PC, making ports between the three systems easier. Not sure where you got your info from, and yes the Wii U is weak compared to the competition. That's a fact if you look through the specifications.

And here is the fun part, even though they might be new to the Nintendo system does not mean they are new games. Most of what you posted on the list are sequels of some kind, if not everyone. Bayonetta may be awesome but not a "new game" by any means when it comes to it's gameplay, and same goes for most games on the list.

I think people want more innovative games and good usage of the pad. IMO Zombi U was the most interesting in that aspect, sucks the game overall sucked balls instead but the PAD was used in a good way.

Eh.... You miht want to do some research before making such blanket statements. Its usually a safe bet for third parties, or most games on ms/sony machines... But Nintendo systems tend to be filled with exclusives for reasons.

While bayonetta may be a sequel, thats only one other game in the world that plays that similar to it. Games the quality of platinum/clover games are incredibly rare, and despite all having incredibly tight controls, they are all very, very unique.... And again incredibly rare.

The vast majority of those games are unique experiences unreplicated anywhere. Pretty much the only games not at least fairly unique are samurai warriors and Ninja gaiden (Lego city is actually unlike any other lego game ever made at the time of its release, being both completely original instead of licensed, and of a completely different genre/world design/progression design)

The wii u is most certainly weaker than the other systems, and definately different. But it is still pretty easy and straightforward to code for. Theres a reason criterion (the real criterion before EA snuffed them) called out all the crap similar to what you are bringing up thrown around by members of certain publishing houses, and used need for speed wii u as an example (Ported in six months, completely superior in many, many ways to ps360 versions).

That being said it really doesnt matter, the ps4/xbone themselves are too weak to make a real difference. Without the ability to perform practical real time effects on a large scale, they have once again become prebaked game systems. Putting them firmly in the realm of what the wii u can do, as its now just a battle of approximations. They can just have nicer quality assets, more of them, bigger areas with less compromise. But not really anything mind blowing the wii u cant do, like ray traced lighting and global illumination or something.

Its not like the wii which didnt even have programmable shaders on top of being light years behind the ps360.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#66 JoshZebra

JoshZebra

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:05 PM

If you are not satisfied with the system then do not buy it.  That will send out a message to Nintendo to change something, and as a business they will.

#67 Rizefall

Rizefall

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:40 PM

If you are not satisfied with the system then do not buy it. 

But how will you not be satisfied unless you buy it and try it first? :D

Edited by Rizefall, 06 June 2014 - 02:40 PM.

#68 JoshZebra

JoshZebra

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:53 PM

But how will you not be satisfied unless you buy it and try it first? :D

Fair point but if you feel the system is underpowered or games aren't fresh and original then this is all stuff you could of found out before hand :P

#69 Rizefall

Rizefall

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:09 PM

Fair point but if you feel the system is underpowered or games aren't fresh and original then this is all stuff you could of found out before hand :P

Just cause it's underpowered does not mean it's a bad buy. I think that goes more for computers, but for consoles it's totally different cause there are different games, different online services etc.

I bought a Wii U for the exclusives and in hopes that some great Third-party games would come. Seems like i wont be disappointed :D

#70 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:01 PM

It's not underpowered. It's not as powerful but not weak or under powered. It can do 4-8k textures. It can do DX11 equivalent properties it can run UE4 and can run XV.

#71 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:22 PM

Oh Mahmood.

Mahmood, you've disappointed me so. Just yesterday i was genuinely thinking "mahmood has gotten a lot better recently. not even nearly as much ad misinformed, outlandish postes these days.

And then you go and post this.

*sigh*

Ok, let's try and help you see where you went wrong.

1. Yes we want new games, but we also want Mario and Zelda. Mario and Zelda are great games, and have proven themselves over and over again.

These other series people are requesting, have not proven themselves nearly as much. What Iwata is doing is giving us games we want, just not ALL the games we want. The games he's choosing to give us are games he knows will be successful with the small sales the Wii U currently has, because this way, everyone should be happy. 

Who in their right mind really demanded that super mario 3D world would be on the Wii U instead of an actual 3D mario game??

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#72 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 07 June 2014 - 12:29 AM

I dont know people but i still think Wii U is as powerfull as ps4 and xbox one

#73 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 07 June 2014 - 04:11 PM

Since when do sequels not count as new games? Heck since do sequels not count as new gameplay experiences? Nintendo isn't activision and their sequels aren't CoD sequels they've said the reason they haven't made an F-Zero sequel is because they can't think of a way to make the gameplay new and different. Also by that logic,Skyward Sword should practically be the same as the very first Zelda game, since it's "just" a sequel.

Who in their right mind really demanded that super mario 3D world would be on the Wii U instead of an actual 3D mario game??

Lots of people bought it. Lots of people loved it. therefore, lots of people wanted it. I'm not saying they wanted it above an "actual" 3D mario game, I'm just saying people want Mario games in general.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#74 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 04:24 PM

For me was the most proper Mario in over a decade. Got me to like Mario again.

#75 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 June 2014 - 04:29 PM

Since when do sequels not count as new games? Heck since do sequels not count as new gameplay experiences? Nintendo isn't activision and their sequels aren't CoD sequels they've said the reason they haven't made an F-Zero sequel is because they can't think of a way to make the gameplay new and different. Also by that logic,Skyward Sword should practically be the same as the very first Zelda game, since it's "just" a sequel.

Lots of people bought it. Lots of people loved it. therefore, lots of people wanted it. I'm not saying they wanted it above an "actual" 3D mario game, I'm just saying people want Mario games in general.

Yeah yeah but people ALWAYS love mario...

I just don't get why people liked it so much, it's so unbelievably generic and predictable.

Do people like it because of the Co-op? The cat suit? The super easy to beat levels?

Why do people phrase it so much? I fail to find anything special about it, I am currently trying to 100% and still fail to see what is so great about super mario 3D world.

I could name a million things wrong with it, but I don't want to get off topic...

sfOI1m6.jpg

#76 Rizefall

Rizefall

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 04:34 PM

I'm just talking about many sequels in general. The titels made from Nintendo have the same core but are very different each time. Bayonetta among others is not made BY Nintendo though so the sequel magic is not the same. I'd want Bayonetta to be good, and i think it will. But it probably wont be that different compared to the original, aka not much of a "new game". 

I know it's not good for me to say it but what ever.

#77 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 07 June 2014 - 04:54 PM

Yeah yeah but people ALWAYS love mario...

I just don't get why people liked it so much, it's so unbelievably generic and predictable.

Do people like it because of the Co-op? The cat suit? The super easy to beat levels?

Why do people phrase it so much? I fail to find anything special about it, I am currently trying to 100% and still fail to see what is so great about super mario 3D world.

I could name a million things wrong with it, but I don't want to get off topic...

"People ALWAYS love Mario" exactly the point I was making.

And people love it because it's FUN. Simple as that. Despite what people say these days, gaming doesn't have to be about some incredible story that left you in tears, questioning the meaning of life and all its intricacies. It doesn't have to be about being so difficult that you're reduced to a bumbling idiot who can hardly remember how to tie their shoes after some game caused you to have a complete mental breakdown. It doesn't even have to be about being able to play against others, or about being top of the scoreboards. The main point of gaming is to have fun. Everything else is details. Little additions that might improve the game (but might not) and once again increase the fun. I don't blame you for thinking of games in that perspective, because it seems that's all everyone talks about in gaming thse days, all these details that other games have that this didn't. You know what? It's perfectly possible to play a game with great graphics, the perfect level of difficulty, online multiplayer, a story that will make you laugh, cry and jizz your pants and several things that no one has ever done before, ad still have no fun. And then what's the point?

Tl;dr people still play mario because Mario is fun. It's why people played video games for all those years before we had the capability to do the things now, and it's why people will continue to play Mario for many, many years to come.

I'm just talking about many sequels in general. The titels made from Nintendo have the same core but are very different each time. Bayonetta among others is not made BY Nintendo though so the sequel magic is not the same. I'd want Bayonetta to be good, and i think it will. But it probably wont be that different compared to the original, aka not much of a "new game". 

I know it's not good for me to say it but what ever.

I think Bayonetta wil be just fine. I think Nintendo has such that "sequel magic" because they don't just make sequels for the purpose of making sequels like certain other companies do *cough*EA*cough* *coughcough*activision*coughcough*. When they make a sequels they always have new ideas and stuff they didn't get to implement before. IIRC the creator for Bayonetta was rejected in previous efforts to get the funding to make the game. But he kept looking for publishers. I would guess that's because the same applies for him. He has new ideas and a new story and he just wants to be able to implement those things. Also because Nintendo is about these values I would guess that they would only publish the game if they saw the game matched up to their ideals.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#78 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 June 2014 - 05:13 PM

"People ALWAYS love Mario" exactly the point I was making.

And people love it because it's FUN. Simple as that. Despite what people say these days, gaming doesn't have to be about some incredible story that left you in tears, questioning the meaning of life and all its intricacies. It doesn't have to be about being so difficult that you're reduced to a bumbling idiot who can hardly remember how to tie their shoes after some game caused you to have a complete mental breakdown. It doesn't even have to be about being able to play against others, or about being top of the scoreboards. The main point of gaming is to have fun. Everything else is details. Little additions that might improve the game (but might not) and once again increase the fun. I don't blame you for thinking of games in that perspective, because it seems that's all everyone talks about in gaming thse days, all these details that other games have that this didn't. You know what? It's perfectly possible to play a game with great graphics, the perfect level of difficulty, online multiplayer, a story that will make you laugh, cry and jizz your pants and several things that no one has ever done before, ad still have no fun. And then what's the point?

Tl;dr people still play mario because Mario is fun. It's why people played video games for all those years before we had the capability to do the things now, and it's why people will continue to play Mario for many, many years to come.

I think Bayonetta wil be just fine. I think Nintendo has such that "sequel magic" because they don't just make sequels for the purpose of making sequels like certain other companies do *cough*EA*cough* *coughcough*activision*coughcough*. When they make a sequels they always have new ideas and stuff they didn't get to implement before. IIRC the creator for Bayonetta was rejected in previous efforts to get the funding to make the game. But he kept looking for publishers. I would guess that's because the same applies for him. He has new ideas and a new story and he just wants to be able to implement those things. Also because Nintendo is about these values I would guess that they would only publish the game if they saw the game matched up to their ideals.

Yeah, but the game got boring fast... nothing creative or innovative was really seen, there was never a point where I thought it was different from 3D land at all. It's so much like a 2D mario game, that I sometimes forgot I was playing a 3D mario game!

It really bums me out how we saw this after super mario galaxy.

sfOI1m6.jpg

#79 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 05:17 PM

For me was the most proper Mario in over a decade. Got me to like Mario again.

Technically, the 3d series factually IS the PROPER 3d mario, considering they are a direct translation of original 2d gameplay and mechanics into 3d.

Personally I prefer the adventure genre 3d mario games. And while my company is incredibly vocal, usually screaming erroneously about adventure genre 3d marios being the 'REAL' 3D marios.... History has proven again and again we are a tiny minority compared to the purchasing power demonstrated by 2d style (including 3d world/land) mario consumers.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#80 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 05:24 PM

Technically, the 3d series factually IS the PROPER 3d mario, considering they are a direct translation of original 2d gameplay and mechanics into 3d.

Personally I prefer the adventure genre 3d mario games. And while my company is incredibly vocal, usually screaming erroneously about adventure genre 3d marios being the 'REAL' 3D marios.... History has proven again and again we are a tiny minority compared to the purchasing power demonstrated by 2d style (including 3d world/land) mario consumers.

For me is was proper Mario as it was the perfect blend of the 2D series with 3D.  Didn't care for Sunshine or Galaxy. Tho Galaxy was well made and Sunshine had flaws but still solid just didn't do anything for me. 3D world made me feel like when I first played the games on NES and SNES and N64. It just blended into one big wonderful smoothie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!