umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:08 PM

Like I said, I can appreciate the Wii U, but not as a third party machine. The system will roll out many great first party titles, as it has already.

I dont feel like it has to be a great 3rd party machine. for me, since snes days, its always been about 1st party. if the other games are there, great, if not so be it. 

but thats the contrast for me with sony (being a ps3 owner and eventually ps4)

Sony's 1st party games aren't nearly exciting enough or as memorable for me as nintendo, even though i delight in games such as uncharted, sly cooper, ratchet n clank etc.

but aside from all these, most 3rd party games aren't meeting my expectations of "FUN" anyway.

#22 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:07 PM

Wii U is a 1st party powerhouse and that's what I love about it.

PS4 and Xbone are multiplat machines, nothing more, nothing less.

#23 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:02 PM

POPULAR

Next gen Nintendo needs to make a fantastic standard controller with a powerful system.

I hope Nintendo never does this. Its just boring and we've already got two consoles which are almost identical, we don't need another.

#24 TheLiminalGiant

TheLiminalGiant

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:48 PM

I hope Nintendo never does this. Its just boring and we've already got two consoles which are almost identical, we don't need another.

Yeah honestly, I hope nintendo stays relevant but not so much as to attract all the douchers from Xbox and Playstation.

#25 Insanejawa

Insanejawa

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:20 AM

I would think that 900k of those being bundled with the system being sold over the weekend may be more impressive than 1.2 mil in sales. If that is the truth then 300k of sales over 3 days would be pretty impressive on its own. I would like to see the Watchdogs numbers broken down by console sales vs. all of them lumped together.

#26 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:42 AM

If we go by the Wii, the only one of those that sold exceptionally well was Mario Kart. Super Smash Bros. doesn't sell anywhere near as much as people want to make it out to sell.

Smash brothers sales:

5M on the N64, the 5th best selling game for the console

7.1M on the cube, 1st best selling game

12.1M on the Wii, 9th best selling game (beaten by e.g. Wii Play, Wii fit, Wii fit+, Wii sports AND Wii sports resort)

Edited by storabajskorven, 03 June 2014 - 01:43 AM.

#27 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:48 AM

Next gen Nintendo needs to make a fantastic standard controller with a powerful system.

You mean the Gamecube? That didn't sell great either despite having some of the best games that gen.

#28 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:04 AM

pretty crazy, curious to see if this translates to increased hardware

Hardware sales up 666%

http://n4g.com/news/...e-by-watch-dogs

Also, don't worry about the Watch_Dogs part, as Watch_Dogs had a full week out before these charts and MK had 3 days.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#29 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:45 AM

Like I said, I can appreciate the Wii U, but not as a third party machine. The system will roll out many great first party titles, as it has already.

You're pretty alone in wanting this, as you've seen. No one really cares all that much if we lose third party because Nintendo will always make the console worth it, even if they have to do it completely on their own.

And if they did this then they're competing against Sony and Microsoft (and PC) directly. Most of the gamers on those consoles have ridiculous loyalty to those brands, a bunch of those who don't have loyalty to on specifically still hate Nintendo cause they've deluded themselves into thinking it's a kid system. And many of the third parties who create Multiplat hate either Nintendo or Nintendo gamers (as much as people try to deny it).

This won't help things at all.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#30 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:32 AM

I guess I was wrong a bit on the "no one on these forums appreciates the Wii U". After the several comments in support for it I guess only some people on these forums don't appreciate the Wii U.

Glad to see that.

Thanks, this actually made my day!

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#31 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:06 AM

lol

SLOW NEWS DAY?

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#32 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:20 AM

lol

SLOW NEWS DAY?

That was frinking painful.

Fox should be banned from talking about anything to do with the internet.

"Grand theft mario kart *snice persons*"

Shut you mouth please.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#33 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:00 PM

Cant wait to see NPD numbers for May and June... Will be very telling to how much of an impact MK8 really had on console sales.

#34 ZyroXZ2

ZyroXZ2

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:56 PM

I've been laughing at the attempts to downplay this in various forums/places.  They're trying to argue "shipped vs sold", when all anecdotal evidence points to a very high sell-through, if not 100% sell-through for the initial weekend.  So there is no argument, because the shipped numbers would be so close to sold that there's most likely nary a difference.  Ridiculous, the internet gaming community can be!

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!

Sig_Banner.jpg

www.youtube.com/zyroxz2

Enjoy!  :laugh:

#35 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:58 PM

Also Sony is the one who likes to praise shipped. Nintendo has always been about sold.

#36 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:37 PM

p5Im9Fg.gif

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#37 Rizefall

Rizefall

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:43 PM

Also Sony is the one who likes to praise shipped. Nintendo has always been about sold.

Very off-topic but are you a Grandia fan? If so, cheers bud.

#38 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:08 PM

p5Im9Fg.gif

^ next tuesday will be like that: Nintendo will drop the bomb!  B) 

#39 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:08 AM

I am one of those people who only bought a wii u for mario kart 8,i got the bundle the day it was released :) i had a wii u at launch but sold it when i got my ps4,couldnt resist getting another just for mario kart lol it will DEFO sell consoles,i now have donkey kong too and that is also an amazing game,LOVE my wii u this time around and have hardly touched my ps4.

oh i also got zelda ww as my free game with mario kart 8,i have played it before but never finished it,i thought it was very good of nintendo to add the free game download with mario kart.

WELL DONE NINTENDO!!

#40 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:29 AM

I disagree. Neither Sony nor Nintendo typically quote shipped. It's usually Microsoft who does. That said all three of them are guilty of quoting shipped numbers in the past.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!