Photo

The Legend of Zelda: For Wii U Discussion Thread 2015

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

Poll: Zelda U ideas! (41 member(s) have cast votes)

Weapons and armour

1. Green tunic, master sword, hylian shield (pretty much every zelda game to exist) (7 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. Customizable weapons, armour, appearance? (possibly in the new Zelda U game?) (17 votes [60.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 60.71%

3. Other (Comment below) (4 votes [14.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Gameplay

1. Motion controls (Etc: TP on Wii, SS) (9 votes [16.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.98%

2. Traditional Zelda controls (Etc: Ocarina of Time) (14 votes [26.42%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.42%

3. New gameplay mechanics (Etc: Windwaker HD) (29 votes [54.72%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.72%

4. Other (Comment below) (1 votes [1.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.89%

The story

1. Have Link triumpth evil as usual? (Etc: Windwaker) (27 votes [58.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 58.70%

2. Make Link die at the end? (Etc: in the timeline in OOT Link gets defeated if he fails) (6 votes [13.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.04%

3. Have it go between adult Link and young Link? (7 votes [15.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.22%

4. Other (Comment below) (6 votes [13.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.04%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 14 June 2014 - 11:51 AM

You change your mind quickly. xD

But yeah, I think one of the biggest differences between this new Link and past ones is that he shows some emotion. Usually, he's just this emotionless doll, but there's actually some concern in this new one's face. Really like it, and I hope there's a good story to utilize it. (Seriously, don't sacrifice good story just for open world. Please, Aonuma.)

Yeah I want a story as good or better than Skyward Sword.

Despite peoples' (stupid) views on the motion controls or complaints about linearity, Skyward Sword has one of the best storylines of all the Zelda games (I think it is the best, but I haven't played many of the handheld games so I can't say for sure).

#82 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:19 PM

Despite peoples' (stupid) views on the motion controls or complaints about linearity, Skyward Sword has one of the best storylines of all the Zelda games (I think it is the best, but I haven't played many of the handheld games so I can't say for sure).

Yup. I haven't played many games Zelda or otherwise, but Skyward Sword was definitely the best game I'd played. Wind Waker HD is strongly contesting it now...

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#83 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:41 PM

It's my favorite Zelda game, though I could just be saying that cause it was also my first zelda game...

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#84 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:52 PM

Yup. I haven't played many games Zelda or otherwise, but Skyward Sword was definitely the best game I'd played. Wind Waker HD is strongly contesting it now...

If this is what you are expecting 'great storywise' then you wont be dissapointed.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#85 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:09 PM

If this is what you are expecting 'great storywise' then you wont be dissapointed.

Hope so. It's cool that Aonuma's trying to do new things with the series, but I hope he doesn't go too far. I really like Zelda games the way they are. Of course, I haven't played near as many as most others...

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#86 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:54 PM

Hope so. It's cool that Aonuma's trying to do new things with the series, but I hope he doesn't go too far. I really like Zelda games the way they are. Of course, I haven't played near as many as most others...

New things? Yeah some.

If you listen to what he says, hes just trying to get back what was lost when the series went 3d with Oot.

The way they are now are pretty great. The way they used to be was mindblowing.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#87 dark_rabbid

dark_rabbid

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, tales, and online games.

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:23 AM

Zelda Wii U - Trailer Analysis (Secrets & Hidden …:
So many tiny details.

Didn't watch it yet but if you look inside the magnifier lens he is holding the arrow and string wrong. Why do game makers never get those things translated right.

#88 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:07 AM

Didn't watch it yet but if you look inside the magnifier lens he is holding the arrow and string wrong. Why do game makers never get those things translated right.

What you are thinking of is the standard grip typically taught to amateurs, or those just getting started.
fingers_set.jpg

As you saw, link held several arrows at once in his draw hand to rapid fire, a very advanced technique, which requires an advanced bow hand grip.

Andersen-1-800x533.jpg
like the one rapid fire champ Lars Anderson uses.

in fact, everything shown in the trailer, including jumping from ones horse and firing, was done by ancient archers... And now Lars anderson using that grip.

http://www.outdoorhu...amazing-archer/

Looks like they did a better job researching this than you gave them credit for.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#89 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:57 AM

That is Link by the way... Aonuma was just trolling us.

I like to the think of him being an assassin, with the bow and arrow and the cloak and the horse, seems pretty cool.

But Link doesn't kill people. I heard someone think he might be a hunter, but Zelda has always been animal friendly (especially TP, and don't count Cucco's in other games)

No sig.

#90 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 08:25 AM

But Link doesn't kill people. I heard someone think he might be a hunter, but Zelda has always been animal friendly (especially TP, and don't count Cucco's in other games)

What do you think they herded those goats for in twilight princess? A goat collection?

Them were dinner goats.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#91 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 15 June 2014 - 08:40 AM

What you are thinking of is the standard grip typically taught to amateurs, or those just getting started.
fingers_set.jpg

As you saw, link held several arrows at once in his draw hand to rapid fire, a very advanced technique, which requires an advanced bow hand grip.

Andersen-1-800x533.jpg
like the one rapid fire champ Lars Anderson uses.

in fact, everything shown in the trailer, including jumping from ones horse and firing, was done by ancient archers... And now Lars anderson using that grip.

http://www.outdoorhu...amazing-archer/

Looks like they did a better job researching this than you gave them credit for.

That baller as heck.

Now I want to learn archery again. Thought I had gotten over that phase ;_;

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#92 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 15 June 2014 - 08:59 AM

What do you think they herded those goats for in twilight princess? A goat collection?

Them were dinner goats.

lol love this

But yeah, just because he is (possibly) a hunter-gatherer for his village doesn't mean Nintendo will have us hunting and skinning animals. I wouldn't mind having that but I'm sure the Elder Scrolls games have that and I'm already sick of the comparisons. Plus I don't want Zelda to have too many RPG elements since it has always been an adventure game.

#93 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:37 AM

lol love this

But yeah, just because he is (possibly) a hunter-gatherer for his village doesn't mean Nintendo will have us hunting and skinning animals. I wouldn't mind having that but I'm sure the Elder Scrolls games have that and I'm already sick of the comparisons. Plus I don't want Zelda to have too many RPG elements since it has always been an adventure game.

I am getting a tremendous studio Ghibli vibe from this.

Like Castle in the sky, with the evironments, the ancient technological ruins covered in moss and overgrowth being reactivated.

And princess mononoke, which, the trailer basically is a huge homage to the first scenes of that movie. They directly parallel in a large number of ways.

Perhaps its a response/homage to Hayao Miyazaki finally retiring?

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#94 dark_rabbid

dark_rabbid

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:48 PM

What you are thinking of is the standard grip typically taught to amateurs, or those just getting started.fingers_set.jpgAs you saw, link held several arrows at once in his draw hand to rapid fire, a very advanced technique, which requires an advanced bow hand grip.Andersen-1-800x533.jpglike the one rapid fire champ Lars Anderson uses.in fact, everything shown in the trailer, including jumping from ones horse and firing, was done by ancient archers... And now Lars anderson using that grip.http://www.outdoorhu...amazing-archer/ like they did a better job researching this than you gave them credit for.

Considering I'm actually not only a accomplished rifle hunter but archer as well I' m just gonna ignore you and not gonna bother explaining it to a city boy. The horse back comment makes it extreme obvious and not worth my time as it sounds like you belive anything you read or see.

#95 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:54 PM

Considering I'm actually not only a accomplished rifle hunter but archer as well I' m just gonna ignore you and not gonna bother explaining it to a city boy. The horse back comment makes it extreme obvious and not worth my time as it sounds like you belive anything you read or see.

It's a game with Elves and Faires and tall green skinned gingers trying to take over the world. It's not Cabellas Hick Hunting Simulator 2014.

#96 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:57 PM

Can you explain it to this city boy then? Because that certainly didn't look CGI...

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#97 dark_rabbid

dark_rabbid

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:10 PM

It's a game with Elves and Faires and tall green skinned gingers trying to take over the world. It's not Cabellas Hick Hunting Simulator 2014.

I now that I'm not the one who went crazy posting a bunch of youtube stuff am I. The only thing I mentioned in my original post was didn't get to watch the vid yet and noticed he wasn't holding the bow proper. As usual he went bipolar placing words in my mouth.  I prefer redneck RACIST lol also I thought link was a forgive spelling hylian. And what is a ginger0_o never heard that one.

I now that I'm not the one who went crazy posting a bunch of youtube stuff am I. The only thing I mentioned in my original post was didn't get to watch the vid yet and noticed he wasn't holding the bow proper. As usual he went bipolar placing words in my mouth.  I prefer redneck RACIST lol also I thought link was a forgive spelling hylian. And what is a ginger0_o never heard that one.

Can you explain it to this city boy then? Because that certainly didn't look CGI...

I never said anything was cgi? Now your confusing me

#98 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:11 PM

I now that I'm not the one who went crazy posting a bunch of youtube stuff am I. The only thing I mentioned in my original post was didn't get to watch the vid yet and noticed he wasn't holding the bow proper. As usual he went bipolar placing words in my mouth. I prefer redneck RACIST lol also I thought link was a forgive spelling hylian. And what is a ginger0_o never heard that one.

#99 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:15 PM

I now that I'm not the one who went crazy posting a bunch of youtube stuff am I. The only thing I mentioned in my original post was didn't get to watch the vid yet and noticed he wasn't holding the bow proper. As usual he went bipolar placing words in my mouth. I prefer redneck RACIST lol also I thought link was a forgive spelling hylian. And what is a ginger0_o never heard that one.

I never said anything was cgi? Now your confusing me

Because the only way I could see the videos not being "true" is if it's cgi. I mean he's clearly shooting pretty well...

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#100 dark_rabbid

dark_rabbid

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:19 PM

Lol will watch later I pad is about out of juice. My guess  is about red heads. Have a nice night guys

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!