• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 WampaFett

WampaFett

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:00 AM

So I've used the Wii Virtual Console on several occasions on the Wii U without a problem. However now, whenever I launch it, the colors are all out of whack. The blacks appear purple. the whites are pinkish, and everything else has a magenta hue to it. Everything else appears perfectly fine on the Wii U, this only happens when I launch Wii Virtual. Is there a fix for this? Haven't been able to find anything about it.

#2 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:01 AM

Someone else had this issue since the update. Not sure we know how to fix  it so call Nintendo

#3 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:18 AM

Seems like a problem
http://techforums.ni...e/132869#132869

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#4 WampaFett

WampaFett

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:27 AM

UPDATE:

Just got off the phone with Nintendo. There is a fix:

In Wii U system settings, you must change your output resolution to 480p before launching Virtual Console. Do this and everything is good to go. You'll have to change it back to 1080p when you want to play Wii U games but this is the remedy for now.

Person I spoke to said Nintendo is aware and there is a fix in the works for this.

#5 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:36 AM

UPDATE:

Just got off the phone with Nintendo. There is a fix:

In Wii U system settings, you must change your output resolution to 480p before launching Virtual Console. Do this and everything is good to go. You'll have to change it back to 1080p when you want to play Wii U games but this is the remedy for now.

Person I spoke to said Nintendo is aware and there is a fix in the works for this.

Oh I hope to Equestria that there's a fix in the works, it's such a hassle to constantly change resolutions.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#6 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:29 AM

Someone else had a similar problem a little while back. IRC, if you change your resolution to 480p and then start wiimode, this should resolve the issue.

EDIT: Ah, I see you already resolved the issue. Hope a more convenient fix comes up soon.

Interestingly enough I do not have this problem with DVI input to my tv.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!