Photo

What features would you like to see announced for the Wii U at E3?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:03 PM

The title says it. We've not heard a word about any possible new features that could be announced at E3 (the focus has rightly been on the potential games announced). I've got tons of things I'd like to see, thought I doubt most of them will actually happen.

1) Cross Game chat.

I know this isn't really Nintendo's thing, but a cross game chat system where you could even have video if it's 4 people or less and all of you are friends would be awesome. There are tons of ways to implement this in a kid friendly manner. Also, make this feature a part of the friends list app thing. It's the most logical place to put it and put the messaging system there too! This needs to happen because there are just so many moments in Nintendo gaming I want to share with my friends. My friends and I could all be talking to each other while taking our first steps into the new Zelda game and ooh-ing and ah-ing together, or talking smack on Smash Bros and Mariokart, or hopefully co-oping in X together. etc etc.

2) Updated Miiverse (potentially likely)

Miiverse has always seemed clunky to me. Basically a UI update making it more like a traditional forum/facebook would be really neat to see. I think an update of some kind is actually pretty likely as it's been the same since basically launch.

3) Greater awareness of online happenings.

I want a system of easily knowing what friends of mine are online and what they are up to and be able to join their games when possible (think the join game feature for 3DS). They have an excellent online community with Miiverse and I want to be able to track my friends in this community etc. This DOES NOT mean I want it to turn into and Xbox as far feature heavy, but I would like to see a few subtle changes to make seeing friends coming online etc more accessible and not tucked away in a menue. More or less an improvement of features already in place than adding all sorts of crazy stuff.

4) (a demonstration of improvement of the platform  in some form)

This one is basically a blanket statement that gives them the benefit of the doubt for something new or a feature I didn't know I want or am forgetting off the top of my head.

Let me know what you guys would like to see! I'm mostly about the games with Nintendo, but I would ilke to see the console get a little more diverse with the features. E3 is usually when a few new features get announced if they are big enough news.

*disclaimer* Not sure if this should be in the E3 section or not, but I figured this was probably the better place for it as it wasn't anything related to confirmed E3 news.

#2 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:04 PM

folders

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#3 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:09 PM

Just making the whole menu system quicker. It's rather sluggish. Cross game chat obviously. Friends list and Miiverse being intertwined rather then having to go between the two apps would make it feels way more connected.

2lvmghw.png

#4 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:34 PM

Just making the whole menu system quicker. It's rather sluggish. Cross game chat obviously. Friends list and Miiverse being intertwined rather then having to go between the two apps would make it feels way more connected.

yeah, that's got to be their next step for the gamer. Giving them cross game chat. it's 2014 already. I don't care if it comes in more parental controls than you could possibly imagine as long as it has the functionality to chat with your friends and friends of your friends cross game.

#5 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:41 PM

2) Updated Miiverse (potentially likely)

Miiverse has always seemed clunky to me. Basically a UI update making it more like a traditional forum/facebook would be really neat to see. I think an update of some kind is actually pretty likely as it's been the same since basically launch.

lol, especially the part in bold.

people only say that because it was said at launch.
Nintendo really need to learn to shut the Wii up about their shortcomings.
If you acknowledge something, it'll be used to shoot you in the face a hundred times over, even if you fix it completely.
The menu is not and never was any slower than any other HD console menu.

yeah, that's got to be their next step for the gamer. Giving them cross game chat. it's 2014 already. I don't care if it comes in more parental controls than you could possibly imagine as long as it has the functionality to chat with your friends and friends of your friends cross game.

I think miiverse on the 3DS not supporting friends is an indication of the way they want to separate each feature of nnid's.
miiverse is a forum
friends list is for friends
I'd like them to launch a new 3DS model that doesn't have a friend code, and uses miiverse+nnid as the friend list though.
If they do that, then maybe we'll get things like friend messaging, etc. all within miiverse.

nintendo already have cross game chat, it's not used very much, and it's only 1 on 1, but features video and drawing on faces.
It's not a multitask app though :'(
HTML5 spec supports webcams, and mics of course, a miiverse update if that's something they want to do as above, could work perfectly for the minority who complain about this and barely use it.

Edited by Nollog, 08 June 2014 - 04:52 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#6 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:16 PM

Some kind of music player that you can multitask would be cool.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#7 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:58 PM

Making the gamepad useful.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#8 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:38 PM

folders

All I really want

If I wanted to ask for something never going to happen then able to custom color and maybe wallpaper the home screens..at least color. White is boring

#9 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:21 PM

Making the gamepad useful.

Dis.

My GamePad can't even control my TV anymore since I got a TV that came out after the Wii U. Maybe they could patch in support for my type of TV?

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#10 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:06 AM

Being able to access the home screen/friend list/miiverse when in online multiplayer.

Ability to upload short vids to Miiverse for every game.

Miiverse colour drawings.

Option to install physical games to external hardrive for quicker loading etc.

Edited by Toilet_Snaker, 09 June 2014 - 06:06 AM.

#11 A W Reezy

A W Reezy

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, NBA2K

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:22 AM

Alright, not trying to go Xbox here, but it would be great to be able to link my Wii U to my computer to access video's, photo's and music.  Maybe some type of home multimedia center app that would allow that access.

#12 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:32 AM

crossgame chat+ improved online

also GC+N64 VC

#13 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:06 PM

Dis.

My GamePad can't even control my TV anymore since I got a TV that came out after the Wii U. Maybe they could patch in support for my type of TV?

Wow that sucks... :/

Seriously though, half the time I forget the thing is a controller and not a tablet, I don't even see much of a point in the giant screen on the thing...

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#14 dark_rabbid

dark_rabbid

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, tales, and online games.

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:39 PM

Would like to send the same message to multiple friends at once, would be nice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!