#21 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:34 AM

This kind of publisher manufactured Stockholm syndrome is what is wrong with the industry today, and why AAA companies get away with their abusive treatment of consumers.

I too hate EA but Ubisoft is diffrent ,When EA's games sold badly they stopped but Ubisoft didn't..They stil support us.

And wait a minute their is something i noticed ....You guys hate Ubisoft Wii U  but love Ubisoft  PS4 / Xbox One.

#22 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:49 AM

I too hate EA but Ubisoft is diffrent ,When EA's games sold badly they stopped but Ubisoft didn't..They stil support us.

And wait a minute their is something i noticed ....You guys hate Ubisoft Wii U  but love Ubisoft  PS4 / Xbox One.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#23 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:56 AM

You guys hate Ubisoft Wii U  but love Ubisoft  PS4 / Xbox One.

And what made you jump to that conclusion?

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#24 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:22 AM

Go Wii yourself ubisoft.

Why, THE Wii, would I be excited for any games from this shower of assholes when they have shown they do not care about my money, they don't want it, they actively go out to make me NOT want to buy their rainbow, by delaying rainbow FOR OTHER CONSOLES, and delaying rainbow TO SABOTAGE THEIR OWN SALES.
It is silly ponyartion, and Ubisoft need to learn from this.
Teach them, by never buying a product of their at full price again.

Edited by Nollog, 10 June 2014 - 05:26 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#25 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:27 AM

And wait a minute their is something i noticed ....You guys hate Ubisoft Wii U but love Ubisoft PS4 / Xbox One.

No, its not. Had you watched the video, it categorically countered word for word, what you just said, and exposed for the very reason companies, treat consumers like little Daisyes.

Buying ubisofts crap, and apologizing for their behavior only reinforces that they can continue.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#26 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:33 AM

http://kotaku.com/ub...ames-1588383365

I think its a great Idea to wait for increase of Wii U instal base to increase rather than cancle the games all together.

So +1 for ubisoft

This is hilarious. "Yeah we've got Wii U games we're just...keeping them to ourselves for now..."

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#27 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:32 AM

Sales went up 666% in the two days after it came out, compared to a weeks sales without MK8. That's like 3.5 times 666%.

So, like 2331%, which is pretty good.

Yes that is good but it won't last at that rate any longer. I think People should just be open to getting a second console than having one. Anyway we will only know after the special Nintendo direct which I hope it's a killer. 

Edited by BASEDGOD Pachter, 10 June 2014 - 06:34 AM.

#28 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:26 AM

so delaying games and then releasing them after most people who want them played them. how does that help sales exactly? 

The only way i can see this work is with unannounced titles, preferably exclusive, and even then, it doesn't help.

They will need to add enough features/content to already released titles, such as watch dogs, to make them worth the delay for this excuse to be even somewhat valid.

#29 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:18 AM

Just Dance 2015 Ubisoft coming to Wii U

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#30 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:10 PM

Sorry Ubisoft, by the time you get round to releasing finished Wii U games many months later (ahem, just like you did with Rayman Legends) I would have already spent my money on the awesome games revealed at e3.

I will not have any monies left.

#31 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:37 AM

Sorry Ubisoft, by the time you get round to releasing finished Wii U games many months later (ahem, just like you did with Rayman Legends) I would have already spent my money on the awesome games revealed at e3.

I will not have any monies left.

What everyone is basiclly saying is that Either release them or cancle them????

#32 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:38 AM

What everyone is basiclly saying is that Either release them or cancle them????

They can't cancel something that is finished, the can keep it. If they want a bigger instal base they need to help build one, how? With more games. People don't buy a WiiU because it doesn't have games, they keep games behind because not enough people have a WiiU, you see what I'm getting at

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#33 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:31 AM

i think a lot of you are mis-understanding what they said...

They're not saying they have finished wii u games, they're saying they're not going to make wii u games until the wii u has sold more than 7 million units worldwide, like the ps4, so nintendo only need to sell about 600 thousand more units and they'll be on board.

Who am I kidding, Nintendo need to sell 15 million more because it's Nintendo, Wii them.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#34 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:54 AM

i think a lot of you are mis-understanding what they said...

They're not saying they have finished wii u games, they're saying they're not going to make wii u games until the wii u has sold more than 7 million units worldwide, like the ps4, so nintendo only need to sell about 600 thousand more units and they'll be on board.

Who am I kidding, Nintendo need to sell 15 million more because it's Nintendo, Wii them.

Where are you getting numbers from? 7 million?

From polygon

"We did adapt the number of products to the level of quantities that the machine did," he said. "So we will have Just Dance again which is well suited for the machine. We'll have Watch Dogs. We have another couple of products that we are waiting to launch, specifically we have one game that we wait for the machine to be more mass market to launch."

Guillemot declined to say how many Wii U would have to sell to make releasing the games worthwhile.

"Waiting to launch" = finished games/ gold (more or less) . You don't say "waiting to launch" when a game is still in development.

#35 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:46 AM

This has to either be a lie or Ubisoft is ran by complete morons, I'd believe both. What school of business says it's smart to invest money in to a project all the way to completion but not release it to the consumer?

pNgecl.gif

#36 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:49 AM

Where are you getting numbers from? 7 million?

From polygon

"Waiting to launch" = finished games/ gold (more or less) . You don't say "waiting to launch" when a game is still in development.

hm, the quote sure does seem more like what you're saying, he is French of course, so English isn't his best suit.

7 million were the latest numbers from before mk8 launched, from sony.
6.3 million was before mk8 launch, wii u global sales, from nintendo+math.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#37 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:21 AM

This has to either be a lie or Ubisoft is ran by complete morons, I'd believe both. What school of business says it's smart to invest money in to a project all the way to completion but not release it to the consumer?

The same one that says its too hard to make female characters.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#38 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:37 AM

Ubi gets free E3 stage presence courtesy Nintendo, a game shipping schedule from Nintendo to make sure they maximize sales, and Ubi craps on Nintendo and their fans.

Now they admit they're just waiting to. Crap on Nintendo and their fans again.

The bottom line is that Ubisoft games would sell. And they'd even sell systems IF THEY ARE GREAT GAMES delivered at proper times.

For example, they really hurt themselves by delaying the Wii U version of Rayman which was supposed to come out in the launch window. Wii u owners were almost salivating for the game. It had the kind of hype a company could only dream of. The natural kind. Simply because people Wanted it. Really bad. And coming in right at a drought stage ensured pent up demand.

Instead... They thought it would be great to make us wait so last gen gamers could have it at the same time (yet they didn't delay 360 games to wait for wii u launch...). So the wii u still sold the most but they lost tons of sales to Zelda, Mario, Pikmin, etc.

It came out so late, not only did the hype die, but the game actually had an air of deep disappointment and betrayal. The hero didn't just fail his task. He actually transformed into the villain.

And if they have games "waiting for wii u, what are they?likely not AC, BECAUSE OF OTS DEV TIME ON OTHER SYSTEMS. Prob another Rayman. Meh. Or zombi2.

But then we have to wonder... How good is the code? The wii u is making huge strides since the launch days of bad ports and lame duck "exclusives."

SO UBISOFT WILL BE SELLING OLD GAMES. WITH OLD, OUTDATED CODE...

Nope. Not gonna buy it. Thanks.

#39 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:13 AM

Ubi gets free E3 stage presence courtesy Nintendo, a game shipping schedule from Nintendo to make sure they maximize sales, and Ubi craps on Nintendo and their fans.

Now they admit they're just waiting to. Crap on Nintendo and their fans again.

The bottom line is that Ubisoft games would sell. And they'd even sell systems IF THEY ARE GREAT GAMES delivered at proper times.

For example, they really hurt themselves by delaying the Wii U version of Rayman which was supposed to come out in the launch window. Wii u owners were almost salivating for the game. It had the kind of hype a company could only dream of. The natural kind. Simply because people Wanted it. Really bad. And coming in right at a drought stage ensured pent up demand.

Instead... They thought it would be great to make us wait so last gen gamers could have it at the same time (yet they didn't delay 360 games to wait for wii u launch...). So the wii u still sold the most but they lost tons of sales to Zelda, Mario, Pikmin, etc.

It came out so late, not only did the hype die, but the game actually had an air of deep disappointment and betrayal. The hero didn't just fail his task. He actually transformed into the villain.

And if they have games "waiting for wii u, what are they?likely not AC, BECAUSE OF OTS DEV TIME ON OTHER SYSTEMS. Prob another Rayman. Meh. Or zombi2.

But then we have to wonder... How good is the code? The wii u is making huge strides since the launch days of bad ports and lame duck "exclusives."

SO UBISOFT WILL BE SELLING OLD GAMES. WITH OLD, OUTDATED CODE...

Nope. Not gonna buy it. Thanks.

True but still there games sell like hell

#40 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 04:26 AM

True but still there games sell like hell

Well, you need to understand your audience.

Dung-beetle.jpeg
These guys love crap. You can give them crap all day long, and theyll roll it up, play with it, and stuff it in their mouth and beg for more.

Hells-Kitchen-TV-Series-S-008.jpg
Try handing a steaming plate of crap to THIS guy though... And hell be somewhat less receptive.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!